New PTR, How do we get it?

I have seen PTRs just show up on the bar above the play button, but more recently you have to opt in to the PTR on your account page. Has Blizzard announced the process?

When it becomes available, you’ll be able to select something other than “Diablo II: Resurrected” in the game version dropdown. Perhaps something like “Diablo II: Resurrected (PTR)” or “D2:R Public Test Realm”.

6 Likes

Do you have an official post for that or are you just speculating?

Sell 5 SoJs: one to a vendor in each act.

2 Likes

Speculation, but I’m fairly confident that it will be so.

More details are sure to come on how to participate shortly. Places to check:
1: Here in the general discussion forum.
2: https://twitter.com/Diablo
3: Diablo II: Resurrected — Blizzard News

It’s how it works in all their other games as well that run through the launcher.

That is how all Blizzard games handle their test realms. Alphas, Betas, and PTRs all show up in the drop down menu on the game tab when they are available.

They don’t normally give a time for PTR release, but it is often early afternoon Pacific time. Keep in mind there is one PTR, usually located in the Blizzard HQ CA area so traffic and lag can be a thing.

4 Likes

I told you to never reply to me again because you are full of crap and only here to antagonize people… WoW makes you get a subscription to the beta in the account menu. Diablo III adds the game in the menu, they are very different ways. So, unless you have some official knowledge I would kindly ask you to never to reply to me, again…

2 Likes

You don’t get to decide who can reply to who. I certainly would not recall such a request. I have no idea who you are. Providing information on how to access the PTR is not antagonistic. It is not personal, or controversial.

If you don’t want to see a post by any poster, go to their avatar and click it. It will bring up the activity page - under the drop down that says “normal”, select IGNORE. You won’t see any posts that you don’t intentionally click on.

DarkJedi is 100% correct.

When the PTR is open it will be available on the drop down menu over the play button like his image indicates.

There will be a Blizzard news post at some point, showing he, and I, are 100% correct. You do not need to “opt in” to the PTR for Diablo 3, D2R, etc.

10 Likes

Diablo 3’s PTR’s are separate, because the PTR is running a different client version.

For the first phase of the Diablo 2:Resurrected PTR, it is literally just a different server that the same D2:R 2.3 game client is connecting to.

The second phase will be a PTR test with the updated 2.4 client, which will then be a similar process to what is done during a Diablo 3 PTR.

We have no idea right now if there will be a Client side patch for the first PTR. Either way, it works the same. You select the PTR from the drop down once it is available. Then, if it needs to download a client, it will tell you.

this guy :laughing:
this is what is wrong with this world atm

2 Likes

[/quote]

That is how all Blizzard games handle their test realms.
[/quote]

Bothering to read the first post I offered an example of the different ways Blizzard handle test servers. As D2 has never had a test server, the question was discussed earlier by myself and DarkJedi. So, DarkJedi may be 100% correct. But, you are 100% incorrect. And the only reason you reiterated the post is to antagonize. I swear they took Dorth Vader and changed his name.

i just would like to say thank you for all that u do here. I’m sure you don’t get it enough. You have always been extremely helpful here. and I’m sorry u need to deal with people like him.

Blizzard doesn’t deserve you. <3
( yes i know you don’t work for blizzard, they still don’t deserve you)

1 Like

The only thing Miss Cheetah does is white knight. When the people are most irritated and at the ends of their temper, that is when Miss Cheetah pokes. Today, is not that day. I kindly asked her to stop responding to me and it worked for a long time.

I have no clue who you are. None. I reply to posts that I can answer a question on, or have an opinion on. Replying to someone is not “antagonizing” them. Particularly when the information is dry gaming info.

You not liking that is your problem. If you can’t handle seeing a post by someone, use Ignore. If you feel a post breaks the forum rules, use Report.

6 Likes

I’ve seen how much crap you get for having the green text. I’ll bet you wish you could turn it off at times. :grimacing:

I am used to it. I should not HAVE to be, but I am. Some people really need to have some sort of focus for their anger I guess, or maybe they just hate the color green?

No idea, if someone really gets that upset, or dislikes a poster so much, they have the Ignore feature on the forums. They should use it.

Anyway, on the subject of the PTR we should see a news post of some sort this afternoon on it, or at least an update if QA has to delay it for some reason.

2 Likes

I don’t hate your color. I hate your blind devotion. The last time we argued we had to have a blue step in to give us an update on missing characters. So, they finally responded. It still didn’t change the fact you were poking every person who had lost 30 hrs or more of game time. You were not popular at all that day.

The dude is starting unnecesary conflict by entitlement. We use to pat these kind of people, whit a chair to the face, and throw them out of the pub. They would pick up a fight whit a bus, and then play victim when it runs over them.