New Bow Runeword Revealed: Mist

Didn’t see a topic for it, so here’s the new runeword that Rhykker revealed.

Thinking about it now, I think this bow could work well on a freezing arrow+strafe zon or an immolation arrow+strafe zon if the 2.4 buffs are good. Could be okay on A1 Merc also, but not nearly as much dps increase for you as a pride might A2 Merc.

4 Likes

:astonished:

Cham getting some love!

Look out Faith!

100% piercing attack holy moly. Strafe zon! Stack that CS/CB!

1 Like

why would i use this over faith? Maybe faith merc, but… i lose a might merc?

2 Likes

Nice rw. Good luck finding that cham.

I guess it’s a lot cheaper than making a faith though… So maybe a stepping stone until you get a Jah+Ohm?

2 Likes

Decent Act 1 merc runeword. High time. Better than Act 5 mercs, which I still think are highly questionable. Battle Orders would have been amazing on a merc.

2 Likes

Until they buff 2 handers…who cares?

Edit: also faith helps reach certain ias breakpoints

So again. Who cares?

Sounds like a huge waste tbh. Windforce is a stepping stone. Gul Cham isn’t unless cham is just as worthless as its always been.

Don’t think your seeing it. It goes on your merc. You don’t equip it. But I agree with your point. Why this over Act 2?

3 Likes

Yes, but why would I equip this on a merc over a faith or over using an A2 might Merc? Just trying to see the logic here, unless it’s just meant to be a cheaper alternative?

1 Like

Why would I use a crappy a1 merc that just runs back vs an a2 tank weilding pride with lvl TWENTY conc tho?

Again, who cares yawn

Also, blizz buff 2 handers and maybe more than 2 people would even play a bowazon? Not to mention barbs and 2handed staff for sorcs etc

2 Likes

The crux here always goes back to making up for Might. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a “Might” runeword for a merc.

Does the Piercing attack work on a Rouge? While I think the 100% pierce is probably OP for a regular Bowazon, I’ll happily throw this on my zealot’s Rouge so I can get the aura.

Yes, it should. But why would you use this over an act 2 might Merc? Just curious.

This is much better than the helmet and that sword.

Remember that mercs are getting some love

I do not think this is useful on a A1 merc unless blizzard makes changes to the merc. Hopefully they have some changes in mind for a1 and a5 mers who would benefit from this sword and bow.

Give a1 merc vigor aura, give a5 might

1 Like

Yeah, I know. I honestly think they should have revealed the exact patch 2.4 changes prior to these reveals so we could see how useful these might be.

3 Likes

First off I like the ranged damage, when I get stuck fighting a group of flayers or fallen, I wipe out the groups and the rouge clears out the stragglers. It’s annoying to chase after them all. With Fanat the Rouge hits the fastest attack breakpoint easily.

Second they have stated she will get a buff to the skills potentially giving better AoE skills. Give her the concentration aura to buff my damage and the Rouge is an even better option.

I still like Witchwild but this does look interesting.

Its blizzard though , have we all not learned to lower our expectations?

1 Like