Meteor not very usable on console

I have played alot with a sorc with frozen orb and meteor on the console version of D2R and noticed that when facing monsters the monster most far away is targeted most of the time. Since it takes some time (around 3 seconds) for the meteor to hit, the monster is already gone from the place it hits. So the skill seems useless on the console without a solid targeting.

Next i tested firewall and meteor in the same situations where monsters were walking up to me in a single line and actually when using firewall the focus is not at the last (most far-away) monster. So I switched from a Meteorb sorc to orb+firewall and it is MUCH better to play.

So what the tier lists say about the Meteorb sorc applies only in PC and not the console…

2 Likes

I hate to break it to people complaining about blizzard and meteor being broken on console but, it’s not. Works just fine for me in situations as intended. If you cant play it the proper way using a controller then maybe switch back to PC? There’s plenty of other skills on pretty much every class that work differently now on console so get over it already.

3 Likes

Same for me nibz. Meteor works in a different way than on pc. But it is definitely possible to use.

Dont cry about reality. Adapt to it.

4 Likes

I already adapted and am giving a tip to players who want to play meteor on console… when you cannot cope with how it works then there are alternative(s).

2 Likes

That’s why I use fireball instead.

Many skills on console have targeting problems. Blizzard, meteor, corpse explosion etc.

5 Likes

Your problem is you’re not a lightning sorc :call_me_hand:t3:

Can you tell more? :wink: I never played this build and seems to me a lot of it depends on the correct gear, or am I wrong?

It has nothing to do with gear… maybe you’re just not playing it correctly on console compared to pc. Sure, it’s going to be a little more difficult considering it’s a controller (not a mouse), but it’s definitely doable in the right circumstances. If firewall works better solo, adapt and use that for now and change later, or not.

The play style on console is different than on the PC. On the console you can’t point and click exactly where you want to drop the meteor / blizzard / firewall. You can only point in the direction and then cast. Due to this fact you can’t strategically place your skill in the walking path or exactly the monster you want to kill, it’s a bit harder to use than the PC for me. We can adapt to that by only using skills that work for you… in my case the firewall does a way better job in this regard.

Also note that when no monsters around or behind a pillar or wall you can’t cast meteor at the monster on the console. There is no “shift + click” alternative either (XBOX).

Well We’ll once they add keyboard and mouse support for console hopefully that’ll be another alternative. As far as blizzard it’s definitely a challenge and frustrating at times but it is doable with practice and a little luck at times. Lol

2 Likes

If you just bought your account, sure.

Not sure I follow your meaning

Not sure if I’m going to explain.

I’m running orb/wall and I find that wall does target furthest enemy most of the time. The bigger complaint is that wall requires line of sight to target. If a tree or chest is between you then no cast wall. Also, can we turn off the auto-target of orb? Constantly finding the sorc pivoting away from where I point her, very annoying

You are a clown if you think there’s is no problem with controller aiming. Look at d3 or poe on console, aiming on controller in these games work like it should be, almost perfect, without major issues. Aiming in d2r is just broken. There’s nothing to be good at, you can eat soup with the fork and it wouldn’t mean you are better than someone else, it’s just would mean you’re dumb.

Your a clown for thinking PoE is actually a functional game on console with how bad blue screens and desynchs occur. Sure it has better aiming with certain skills, but in my opinion it’s a tad bit unnecessary and not worth it when the game is literally UNPLAYABLE ON CONSOLE. You can eat with chopsticks too, but you’ll look even dumber, pal.

Lol you really are a clown. YOU the one who suggest “adapting” or “getting good” with broken aiming, not fixing the problem with it. We not talking here about how POE is performing on console, it doesn’t matter if it’s better or not, we talking strictly about aiming compared to d2r. So you either say something related to the topic or go eat your soup with a fork.

How about you go over to THEIR forums and praise them for godly aiming mechanics cause no one actually cares over here. Then, why don’t you uninstall d2r and go play trashy/bugged to hell PoE console while eating soup with your mother, ya baby.

gets popcorn

Xchar

2 Likes

Kid, are you just poe hater or what’s the deal? Why this 3 latters are so triggering to you? Why you not saying anything about d3 which i also mentioned as an example of good controller targeting in arpg?