Message to Blizzard

Blizzard does not lack resources. As I said, Blizzard has been spending resources to fix and update the game.

You simply ignored my answer. To reiterate what I already posted and the undenniable proof that I already answered your question.

1 Like

You are an idiot. I responded to someone saying they had limited resources. Maybe argue with them if you agree with me

They already are, and were, even shortly after D2R came out. This game isn’t the polished jewel you think it is. There’s some serious flaws that drive new, and veteran players away. The elements of what makes an ARPG “good” is fundamentally flawed and either needs to evolve, or D2R will still be bottom shelf compared to other games. What needs to change?

1. The most efficient way to find loot needs to be improved. Not only does more loot need to drop, but there needs to be more incentives to play with groups and to keep looking for loot. The horrific drop rates just cause too much burnout, lack of personal loot means no one wants to play in public games, and the fact that the MF of only the player who scores the killing blow is considered for the drop is what causes the most burnout and players to quit.

2. There needs to be better ways to diversify your damage. Damage immunities are fine, if you give the players means to counter them with tools in game. Currently the best way to deal with hell difficulty is to skip the areas with enemies you can’t kill, which is not fun. Some classes can perform better than others at this; eg fire/cold sorcs, but most classes just don’t deal with it at all.

3. End game events, like the Uber Diablo needs to use something other than the ridiculously rare Stone of Jordan to spawn him. More events also need to be added.

3 Likes

This is true for many. There is far more competition for entertainment today than in the early/mid 2000s.

This is true for many.

MF needs a rework on how it is handled in groups with its killing blow mechanic.

Yup

Yup. Selling SoJ to spawn uber diablo came into being because SoJs were duped to the high heavans. In D2R, SoJs are far too rare to sell them for most players.

2 Likes

Yes, a lot of players are eager to get started as well :slight_smile: I rather wait patiently and get a superior quality start to our first season ladder than have a rushed product release before it’s ready for the masses. They learned their lesson the first time.

@Baalor Careful, you are stating too many facts all at once. You might trigger an angry person. I think I see one just around the corner! :rofl:

Imagine thinking anything about d2r has been “rushed”

D2R was a way to milk $40 a person out of a $20 game from 2 decades ago with minimal effort, then try to sell another copy or two to each player to have more slots.

1 Like

:rofl: new day I guess

Firstly
Please link the revenue they’ve made off D2R as to where you got the number 40 million because if you can’t and you’re just making up numbers I cannot in good faith continue to have a conversation with you.
So please show me so that I can review the information

Secondly 40 million dollars is roughly a million copies or less.

I hope you understand that the lions share of $40 million wouldnt be profit.

And with less than a million copies they weight that against how many players are playing their other games which is what decides where they allocate resources.

If Diablo player base is 5% of their customers they are going to get 5% of the resources.

That being said yes it’s slower because it isn’t their top game but at least everything they are doing to it is proper.

You’ve set your expectations to instant gratification and it’s just not realistic. My advice is that if it isn’t fast enough for you that you should move on, it’s out of your control.

Me personally I’m fine with the pace because the game is being worked on with more care than any game in recent past

I know that statement is controversial to some because whatever blizzard does will never be good enough for them unless it fits exactly what THEY want. Instant gratification generation will be like that, a bit spoiled.

Firstly if you can’t realize I never claimed 40 million was the real number then you are right we have nothing to discuss. It was a mere example. You and micro must have gone to the same school. I’m an actuary. I’m very aware how profit works.

This is nothing about instant gratification. This is about getting what was sold to me. If you can’t see the difference then you don’t understand the issue

ive been playin 20 plus years i think ill be able to wait a lil longer.

All the best dude, be strong & take care

As an actuary, you must realize that commenting on revenue is fundamentally silly when claiming available resources. You need to account for the costs incurred and future costs/liabilities.

40 million or whatever number that you can make up for revenue means nothing without knowing costs. It is about net profit/losses that define available resources.

You are getting what was sold to you under the terms of service. Ladder will come in the next month or so.

Im very aware. My argument wasn’t that they have 40 million in cash in a vault. My argument is their resources aren’t limited by cash or cash flow but by choice because they can get away with it. I feel I’ve made that extremely clear. You seemed to agree that they don’t have limited resources financially but yet want to find something to argue about

You keep missing my point. Revenue is not relevant to deciding how a business spends their resources. The key factor is net profit.

Also, we know that Blizzard has invested resources in D2R post launch to fix and update the game/servers. You are arguing that they should have invested even more resources. Blizzard may be cheap/frugal or may not be. I think in terms of how quickly the game was fixed/updated, one can complain as an outsider; however, the reality is they were still PTR testing changes in December to reduce server instability. Making the game/server stable was a pre-condition to starting ladder.

All businesses have limited resources financially. With Microsoft’s aquisition of ATVI, I bet ATVI is trying to be more financially conservative with what available resources they have that does not directly contribute substantually to future sales.

I am surprised that an actuary missed Blizzard’s corporate speak pre-release. These statements eliminated specific deadlines to when the first ladder season would begin and was conditional on game/server reliability. MissCheetah explained this months ago in a thread that you posted in.

If you think that I don’t realize profit is the market and not revenue then you aren’t paying attention. My point is they CHOSE not to allocate enough resources for a better project because they can not because of financial constraints. If you want to argue that I’m game. If you think you are going to teach me something about what profit and Margin are please stop. I understand what motivates their decision. They could have spent more money on servers and manpower and had both a better launch and faster recovery from issues. They chose not to

By your own words they were still trying to fix severs in December. The only reason that happens that far after launch is choosing to not allocate resources in a timely fashion. Period.

You do not understand the details of the issues. How would spending more money on servers fix the AVX problem or how frequently the regional and global databases communicate to promote world wide play and cross platform progresion. It was not about buying a few more servers.

More manpower would help but do you honestly think with the timing that they could have found new hires that were willing to work there with expertise in retrofitting the network and game architecture for a 20 year old game with its antiquated code to work seemlessly now?

Do you think it would make sense to pull current employees off other projects that have the potential to generate revenue? If you were Blizzard, would you pull people off of D:I, D4, Overwatch 2, the announced project, etc… just to fix D2R a smidgen sooner?

It’s about spending money on the front end. Spending money on servers isn’t simply just more physical units.

Do you honestly think that Blizzard foresaw the magnitude of the issues pre-launch?

I think Blizzard expected some hiccups but thought that there would be no issues that would take months to fix. They were wrong. Should they have known better? Who knows? The database issues apparently escaped detection and the issue became quite evident due to few hundred if thousand concurrent players.

I think blizzard knew they were cutting corners and did this as cheaply as possible and then when they found issues they did not make it a top priority to be done quickly. I think that is overwhelmingly clear