[Main Thread] - Can not create or join games - "character is already in a game"

I am now at 9 hours of not being able to play because of this error. No clear time frame of resolution yet?

:rofl: ā€¦ :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Character has been ā€œonlineā€ now for about 7 hours and iā€™m not able to log in,

Character: LeBlanc
Server: Asia
Platform: PC Windows 10

What does posting in this thread do to help?

BattleTag: Knightshade#11848
Character: Nightshade
Server: NA
Platform: PC Windows 10

Thank you

Battletag: Crazycow#2546
Region: Europe
Platform: PC
Character (multiple, whole account): Magic_Monkey

My characters vanished and then they came back and now i cant make or join game as character already in server. Seems like making alot of games or joining alot of games in succession makes it happen.

The team is still working through a stack of locked characters this afternoon. Automated processes have alleviated some but the rest will require some manual processes from our end.

so thatā€™ s means we will not be unlocked today ? 1.05am CET here

stuck since 2AM CET

same. McJesus#11290, NA serverā€¦on pc

Not a doggone thing.

Account: BniceGames#1391
Character: GimmDaLoot
Server: Americaā€™s
Platform: windows 10 PC

Going on 9 hours of saying Iā€™m in game

To be fair, in a scenario like this, you wouldnā€™t see reports of people being unlocked because once they are unlocked they wouldnā€™t take the time to report it. They would probably go straight to playing.

Character: Magic-RD
Server: Europe
Platform: PC (Windows 10)
Account name: DragonRD#2234

Edit: Working now!

Why will they not just restart the servers. ;_;

2 Likes

Has anyone been successfully ā€˜unstuckā€™ today by this slow process?
This bug has locked me out twice since launch but this second lockout feels rather hopeless.

1 Like

I am not entirely sure Blizzard understands the impact here. 5 out of 7 of my friends including myself are impacted by this. This has to be at least 30-40% of the player base. Yesterdayā€™s reboot that took merely 30 min fixed the exact same problem for all players. So why run a script thatā€™s been apparently running for over 8 hours to fix this instead of just rebooting both database server and application server?

3 Likes

character: GetGut
server:America
Platform: pc windows 10

My characters have been locked for 23 hours now :confused:

Account: Banana#1583
Character: Banana
Platform: PC
Server: Americas

Might be a negative impact like a roll back on these stuck characters.