[Main Thread] - Can not create or join games - "character is already in a game"

Look at you they stickied your thread instead of making one about the issue.

You are a 3 post hero with a stickied thread in an area i only expect id see official staff posting.

This forum is about as bad as the game chat just sayin.

1. Creating a new character leads to either a never-ending loading screen or a black screen (only in multiplayer, SP works)
  2. Trying to join a lobby/create a game with an existing character leads to either a network error or a character already in a game error.

Happened since 7-ish hours ago and Iā€™ve been unable to join since.

whiskeyjack#2934 Europe.

1 Like

Same issue here. Americas server. Started for me around 10 am CST and has yet to be resolved. Cannot use my barbarian character nor can I play with any other new characters i create for online mode.

Gotta love how they are trying to hide the mass issue by putting it all in 1 topic. Pretty pathetic for them not even addressing the issue and saying they are. Going on 8 hours of the same error that my character is in a game. I have a friend who is going on 27 hours of it.

same problem hereā€¦ this is just crazy

still locked since 2AM CET. cmon. it is a shame

I also have this issue.

This is crazyā€¦ Still stuckā€¦ You would think a thread with over 1000 replyā€™s would get some kind of updateā€¦

2 Likes

still waitingā€¦ almost 6hours locked.

Lashtiuk#1508
and Matias2912#1862

Alsoā€¦ Still locked, curious to know if anyone is actually getting fixed or not. At this point I have very minimal faith.

1 Like

Canā€™t find any reports of anyone getting unlocked. I donā€™t think itā€™s workingā€¦

Anyone figure out how to actually create a ticket?

1 Like

All you people crying about being locked out for 4-7 hours are cute. Try being locked out for 24+hrs. Some of us didnā€™t even get the chance to pass lvl 30 yet.

1 Like

I havenā€™t been able to make, or join a game, since around ~11:00AM PST, on 9/24. Farmed one area, and quit to make another game, and have been stuck like that since. Canā€™t even make games on other online characters, when I do, it says it canā€™t connect and to check my internet connection.

Sure, I can clarify that. You donā€™t need to exit Diablo II and re enter for this. You just need to attempt to connect to a character every 15-30 minutes. The system is still chugging along and freeing people up, and weā€™re sorry itā€™s taking so long. Iā€™m not sure what the exact criteria is that itā€™s using to unlock characters right now so I canā€™t say exactly whoā€™ll get unlocked first, which is why I suggest retrying periodically.

It has to make sure that unsticking characters doesnā€™t cause any other issues as far as I understand it. The unstuck system is just going to keep processing and processing until everybodyā€™s fixed eventually, and weā€™re monitoring it in the mean time to make sure it does its job correctly.

For those just joining us in the thread:

This is currently being worked on. Please note that Customer Support canā€™t manually fix this issue for you. If youā€™re experiencing this issue, the only thing to be done for now is wait and post in this thread. Weā€™re sorry for the setback on your grinding, and hope to have this resolved ASAP.

3 Likes

reporting back it is now been around 6-7 hours where my toon is stuck in a server. Still waiting on some update acknowledging the issue specifically rather than lumping everything together.

Blizzard posts that the servers are stable again hours ago, yeah they are stable because tons of people canā€™t play!!

same here. stygian#1371, NA serverā€¦on pc

The impact isā€¦ HUDGE !!!
So much players beeing unable to play during so much hours, Iā€™m sad to say this launch is a big fail :scream:

I called it. next week is the earliest we might be able to play. this ā€œbugā€ is obviously a HUGE issue, otherwise it would of been fixed by now. Iā€™m approaching the 24 hour mark. I probably wont be able to play until Tuesday or Wednesday Iā€™m guessing

I put a ticket in. . . it said the estimated response time is 24 hours. . .