[Main Thread] - Can not create or join games - "character is already in a game"

Hey there,

So when the realms came back up and everyone else can create games by switching from Americas to Europe, I still can’t create games in either. It says that I am already in a game on the server. When trying with a new character it goes to a black screen and nothing happens.

It is almost as if my connection to the game server is still established in a hanging state while other users connections have been dropped or timed out allowing them to create games once again.

Almost feel like if a blizzard tech support member were to drop my currently established connection that would be all it takes to fix the issue and allow me to play again. Seems others have a similar issue and have for over a day.

consolidated thread for this issue

Same here.
Character: SneakyCat
Server: EU
Platform: PC Win 10

Can’t play, can’t make new characters or play existing ones because msg says they are stuck… anyone know how i can get a refund for the game?

thread for the issue

as for refund standard blizzard support page, but be warned if you have played for a while you may have to fight for it.

Same issue.
Character: Hermione
Server: Americas
Platform: Windows 10 PC

I am stucked. But how the hell is possible that some streamers has NO problem at all, but others are stucked for several hours?
Something is not okay, and somebody is not telling the truth…

Hi There US Char Magika PC Windows 10. Stuck out of game please help.

Same.
Character: Jebee
Platform: Windows 11 PC

I can not join or create any games due to my character being in another server. please help ASAP !

ya same here had the same problem yesterday

Same issue.

Character: SUPDUDE
Platform: PC Win10.

Thank you!

Also got this issue

Character: Assa
Server: EU
Platform: PC, Win 10

Character is already in a game has been my problem too for several hours. Nothing helps and still i have friends that are playing at this moment.

Same issue.

Character: Heshfever

Thank you!

Same issue.

Character: Kallenah

Thank you!

Same issue

Character: Kaiden_Brake
Server_ EU
Platform: PC, Windows 10

Same here, desperately stuck in the lobby. “Char already in game” error, just like everyone.

san#2331
char: Toleda
EU
PC W10

Char also stuck in game.