Loading screen game breaking in D2R

So, one of my concerns with the lack of blues on player feedback is this kind of bugs.

it seems load screens are so long on normal HDD that mobs actually can kill you while still loading, and it’s a pretty common thing nobody here seems to discuss.

i’m not very fond of hardcore, ALL of my hardcore characters in D2 and D3 have died from lag, from enemies that aren’t even on screen (still loading and invisible) or simple disconnects, never from normal gameplay. But i know many of you DO play hardcore for fun.

on youtube there are a lot of people reporting this problem, including mrLlama and Rhykker for those that always ask for reliable sources.

i’ve been lurking the forums since D2R was announced but it wasn’t until i saw this lack of communication that i decided to be vocal about stuff that may ruin the whole game.

not only for me but for more people, in this case mainly players that may actually play hardcore and have this kind of surprises.

so, anyone got some light on devs responding to that?

edit: for those who can’t put together 2 plus 2 and think i made this up, blizzard just published an article and i quote:

Loading Screen: Character Vulnerability & Time
Characters will no longer spawn in a hostile place until the game is fully loaded, preventing characters from getting attacked or harmed during a loading screen. Additionally, the overall load times will be faster.

Technical Alpha Learnings — Diablo II: Resurrected — Blizzard News

6 Likes

Does that mean the mobs load dynamically as you move in the map instead of preloading all at once when you enter it? If so, that is a problem. I have an SSD thankfully but game logic shouldn’t be dependent of your type of storage especially in a game that is sort of low on system requirements

The problem sounds like it’s on your end.

as i understood, yes.

MrLlama and Rhykker are pretty popular on youtube, and they both have stated that problem, yet i haven’t seen a single mention in the forums.

well, i have around 70+ ssds and 18+ M2 lying around, i’m not sure ill have an issue with that, but a lot of people that plays D2 and will jump on D2R still have mechanical HDDs and that isn’t mentioned on the minimum requeriments.

like i’ve said

They load all at once. You can get map hacks that tell you where all the mobs are.
I wonder what loading screens op is referring to?

Yes, that is the case in the original, I was just wondering if they changed it in the remaster.

the inexistent loading problem blzzard just adressed.

Loading Screen: Character Vulnerability & Time
Characters will no longer spawn in a hostile place until the game is fully loaded, preventing characters from getting attacked or harmed during a loading screen. Additionally, the overall load times will be faster.

link in topic.

they did and and then changed it again, see link in topic.

Makes sense. That honestly sounded like an “alpha issue” to me, happy it was addressed quickly

I just watched a video showing that they’ve added loading screens. Now I understand the issue.

1 Like

the problem is still there. i’ve lost 18 of 18 hardcore characters to Duriel. The build isn’t important. dumped all barbarian statpoints in vitality, and geared around resistances, no difference. still died instantly.
it doesn’t matter if the load screen is 2 minutes or 2 seconds, you character dies when loading screen is displayed, you enter the fight, you die and then the game loads. tested on ps4 with a high speed samsung, a firecuda, four kingston sddds with different specs, and six stock drives. spent more time installing on a different drive than playing but levels vary from 24-ish to 40-ish.
just preparing video dumps of every death.

No they don’t. I have several videos of loading screen deaths and order is this:
-enter portal/click door
-loading screen appears.
-loads
-saves, because you’re now dead and keeps loading.
-it keeps loading
-loading screen disappears
-you lie in the floor, dead, since you died while loading and had no chance of moving at all.
-particle effects and/or explosions happen, since they happened outside game loop
-no matter how fast your drive is, game logic happens ultra fast while loading and you still die in half a second with the fastest drives.

between this bug and the “wipeback” bug that rolls back entire acts on a character while quitting but still retaining the map progress (proving the game did save at that point, just not the character progress) this is literally unplayable in the current state.
and not even a word on the problem from blues.
good job, 2/10 will refund again (if i could, ps4 doesn’t allow refunds).

1 Like

What you quoted of me was in reference to monsters.

if monsters load all at once or they do one by one, doesn’t matter, what matters is, they spawn and attack while the game is loading, and you can do absolutely nothing about it but accept your character has died in a situation they already said had been fixed.

1 Like

It doesn’t change the fact that you’re wrong when you said monsters don’t load all at once.

monsters load all at once = game kills you while it’s still loading

monsters don’t load all at once = game kills you while it’s still loading

care to explain why does that fact being wrong make any difference, at all?

Yes. I was answering someone’s specific question, to which you accused me of being wrong in my answer. I corrected you in your accusation of me being wrong.

I’m fully with you, as a hardcore player, that they need to fix this problem. It’s just one more reason why I wont rebuy the game after already refunding it.

so, care to explain why does that fact being wrong make any difference, at all?

i would never rebuy a refunded game. You can’t even refund PS4 games, i refunded a game back in 2006 and that’s it, you are only allowed one refund at each lifetime. if i could refund D2R i would. but since im stuck with the purchase, i would like to play my partially unplayable game. yes, you can play, but if my character will rollback 4 acts per day, i will never reach lv99

I was correcting you for wrongly accusing me of something on the forum. The simple thing would be for you to say “my bad” and move on.

So.

you were accusing me of accusing you so now YOU say “my bad” because it was your bad, not mine, else i will accuse you of accusing me of accusing you of being wrong and im now accusing you of accusing me of accusing you of accusing me of accusing you to accus me and accuse you in accusation of an obtuse accuse.

so there.

Your attempt at baffling with bs doesn’t change the fact that you’re 100% wrong in your accusation of me being wrong when I was and still am 100% right, which you owe me an apology for.

im 100% in my right to accuse you of accusing me of accusing you of being wrong, and i’m 430% right.

no, i don’t. you apologize for demanding an apology, as demanding an apology just because you want one is offensive, oppressive and discriminatory. apologize.