Lionheart Armor Buff It

what bosses matter when leveling for a barb? Bosses are the easy part… it’s just leveling so you want the utility, so first off i said iceblink is better than lionheart, THAT ISNT SAYING MUCH TBQH. I told you BiS was Treachary, you literally think Lionheart is better than Treachary on a barb? IS THIS CLOWN TOWN? Now recently Hustle is the easy choice no question it’s either budget Hustle or Budget+ Treachary.

HE SAID HE WASNT HORKING. NO HORKING, SO NO BODIES FOR HORKING MATTER WHY? IT DOESNT.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

First off you’re not finding the runes in self found for Lionheart before you dont need that junk armor anymore. So i dont know what cheese farm you grew up on, but it didnt have a good schooling like mine did, because it’s obvious this is not a self found leveling discussion, and if it were then we’d just be running Stealth end of story. What are you even talking about.

Up to 100% ed would be a nice buff. Maul is some nice flavor to the name.

I’d say 100-150% would be more proper. It shouldnt reach near chains of honor levels.

Too bad the devs have been too afraid to change existing runewords and gear.

Honestly id like to see them revamp unique armors as well. Most of them are too weak.

1 Like

Lol no you wouldnt at all.

It’s not saying anything, as all you said was low IQ gibberish.

You also imply that find item is only used on horker builds, which is noobular!
:point_down:

No, you think Treachery is better, however, i know for a fact that Lionheart is far superior from over a decade of experience.

With the new attack speed requirement for whirlwind, and the 30% more enhanced damage over Lionheart, Hustle looks pretty good. However, the faster run/walk greatly hinders whirlwind, it also has 20 less resistances, the hit recovery is useless on a ww barb, the stamina is redundant on a barb, evade is useless on a whirlwind barb, the dex is better on Lionheart. It has no life (like you), no strength (like you), no mana (like you). Lionheart is better.

The only things better on Treachery is attack speed and resistances, but those bonus resistances come at a hefty cost - 15% lest time on shrines. Everything else is either useless or weaker on Treachery. Lionheart is far superior.

All this says is you suck.

1 Like

JPRG74: i was gonna post 80-150% but u beat me to it with something similar XD

def should not be too close to Fort//CoH for the runes cost

I was doing WW leveling with oath BB, loh and highlords. So 50+20+20 = 90 ias. With a base 0 speed sword the fastest BP is 63 ias for 4fpa.

Loh and highlords are bis for a WW barb so no reason to use treachery in order drop them. So treachery gets me no damage.

I didn’t say I wasn’t horking at all, just that before you focus on end game grind and venue you have full levels and skills, using armor that gives great all around bonus for WW barb makes more sense than wealth.

1 Like

those are level 63-65 items… we’re not discussing endgame items.

Lol at level 63 being end game. End game is different for everyone, but for me I usually level a melee character to mid 70s in nm baal runs to get reasonable chance to hit on hell, then quest through mostly solo until I beat Hell Baal, normally by then I’m low 80s, and then I level to around 85 or so in public runs before I start the grind or character’s purpose. With TZ being added I did get some characters into the low 90s for the benefits, but I’m casual with maybe a few hours a week, so getting very far into the 90s becomes a chore.

I will admit that your likely not getting a Highlords SSF, but Loh is quite common, and I did self find highlords at D2R launch with my barb starter character.

1 Like

at those levels most of the entire game’s gear becomes available, so lionheart is an even worse choice then before.

you’re literally talking about highlord’s.

c’mon dude.

jumping into nightmare you’re best option is a Treachery armor, it’s that simple. Even cheaper is the Hustle. Dont want FRW then Peace is the go to. Lionheart isnt even on the radar. The rune cost is ridiculous for the level and value of the item, it doesnt even have a niche. Lionheart isnt even as good as a Duriel’s Shell. Why would you waste the runes on Lionheart when you could just put on a Duriel’s Shell someone threw out in a FreeJunk game.

Yet you’ve never made and used Lionheart on a ww barbarian.

1 Like

Duriel’s shell is better but too hard to farm for unless you’re on SP (nm meph best place to get it).

Hustle, treachery, or smoke. It all depends on what runes you can get earliest. I’d honestly save the lem for a lawbringer on a barb anyways as well as the Ko so smoke or duriels is best imo.

1 Like

unfortunately only the paladin can change. the rest of the players dont have animations for charge. u just dont move at all. and for as long as they support legacy graphics, they cant add anything new that requires animations, as they lost the source animation assets a long time ago and they’d have to manually recreate those to have such animations, and we know how much time blizzard wants to put into this game.

Depending on build and items there’s lots of situations where the speed of treachery isn’t really needed. Then it comes down to what runes you actually have and what else you want to make. Like was said, Lem is probably better used in law bringer in a lot of situations.

Duriels shell is really good especially if you don’t have any other source of CBF, but I really hate the way it looks on barb and often it’s easier to make mid level rw than target farm specific uniques as was mentioned. The looks thing is silly but both items are very viable for melee leveling, and it’s a game I’ve been playing off and on for 20 years, so style points count more than max efficiency sometimes.

At the end of the day I didn’t say Lionheart was the best thing ever, just that it was a well rounded armor for inexpensive runes that could indeed carry you through Hell if needed. You are the one that said no one has ever made it and that treachery always provides 35x damage that it does. Many on this thread have agreed that they have built and enjoyed using it, so your first hyperbolic claim has been disproven. Still waiting on your math for the 35x damage, especially in the situation I’ve mentioned about WW not needing the ias.

At the end of the day I agree with OP that it could use a modest buff to stay relevant, and at this point we’ve really derailed the thread. Others and myself respond with actual stats and experience and you throw unsubstantiated hyperbole around, so I doubt either of us is going to come to an agreement here. Have a great day!

1 Like

Needs FHR/IAS/Crushing Blow/etc instead of a useless oskill like maul.

Flat 100% ED would be fine. Maybe add Life leech to make it a viable merc option.

1 Like

Crushing blow and fhr already exist on a low/medium runeword armor - Duress

O skill Maul is great choice for item because it functions with other oskill items that allow transforming into wearbear that currently only functions with normal attack on non druid class.

I only play hardcore. The SSF character I’m working on right now I call my Stunning Bash Barb. The only attack skills I use on this character are Bash and Stun. I’m half way through Act 1 Nightmare killing everything with ease.

Gear I’m using: Stealth gothic plate, Steel morning star (22 max damage), Lore horned helm with +1 B Cry, +1 I Speed, +1 Find Item, Ancient’s Pledge in a kite shield, a Russet Plated Belt of the Tiger, Blood gloves, Cathan’s ring and a rare for the other ring and rare amulet. My resistances are maxed. I’ve only got 1 point in BO.

My merc has a Stealth G Plate, a meh rare helm and a meh rare scythe (22 max damage) with some life leech.

Upgrading my weapon to a Steel knout, and armour into a Stealth Russet or higher, switching out AP shield for a Rhyme, I can easily get this barb into hell. Add Myth or Lionheart to my barb and I will easily get him through hell. I can easily do the same with melee Druids.

The reason people are always asking to improve the current items, increase drop rates and make the game easier is because they are inexperienced at building and playing characters from scratch. This all stems from jsp, RMT, Hero Editor, legacy modders, the QoL culture and getting build information from noob D2 youtubers pretending to be experts.

No, players are asking for improved items because we want more functional meta options instead of the same handful of items as best-in-slot on nearly every build.

You’re new dude, how are you already tired of the rotation over all of us who have played for 20 years…plus Lionheart is a stepping stone smh… it is amazing how many changes you’ve asked for in your short time of playing…

1 Like

None of your suggestions make Lionheart remotely close to a meta inducing armour. Like Guitars mentioned, Lionheart is a transitional armour, and a damn good one at that.

I can post a short video for you to watch that demonstrates just how powerful junk gear can be on /p8 in nightmare. Then you can image how insanely powerful the character would be if it had Lionheart on.

1 Like