Let's Discuss Teleport and Mobility in General - Sorc / Pal Shouldn't be 90% of players

With better speed, people wouldnt need teleport. At least I would rather run faster then to deal with teleporting

1 Like

Better speed works only in big open spaces, its useless elsewhere.

1 Like

Its just my personal opinion on the matter, I dont think D2 was ever ment to be the super-zoomer speed game that D3 is for example, it wasnt made with that in mind. Personally I rather see other changes.

I like this.
Every class gets better mobility, and the teleport folks still have their crack.

I share your opinion… well, Sorc should keep some variant of teleport.
I would love a toggle on game creation to disable/enable teleport for all joining parties.
Or hard coded so that game titles including the text ‘walk’ automatically disable tele.

We are in the minority, so, I’ll zip up my flame suit.

3 Likes

The problem I have with energy shield is you tele into a pack of dolls or souls and you no longer have tele running a vitality based sorc i can tele to safety a cool down would implement the same feeling of being trapped. Mabey enigma could use this to balance but sorc being the source of the spell should not be nerfed as its a huge part of the game style get in get out.

That’s… not a bad idea. I agree that there are too many 1 point wonders in the game. Not sure that the specific numbers you suggest are right though. Might need Teleport to have a decently high starting amount, say 5 yards at level 1? And 16 yards… probably at level 25 at most. So I’d guess a decreasing return on point investment. Say 15 yards at level 20, and 16 yards at level 25, and then 17 yards at level 35? Something like that.

Another thing to consider however, is that some builds are effected more by changes to Teleport. For example, Nova Sorceresses are much more dependent on Teleport than other Sorceress, since Teleport is not just used for mobility and defense, but also for offense.

So I’d suggest moving the synergy for Nova from Static Field (which doesn’t actually synergize that well with Nova) to Teleport instead.

Except curses. The Necromancer curse tree really needs changes to make it worth investment there.

Nope, keep that on the points in Teleport.

Yeah, it would make Enigma still important, but more focused on Telestomping than just moving fast across the map.

Meanwhile make Dragon Flight available as an O-skill on something (like Tyrael’s Might). That way there is some trade off between the two as O-skills. Dragon Flight requires an enemy but can teleport you all the way across the screen, while Teleport on Enigma doesn’t reach quite as far without massive plus skills.

Since the children of today want everything easy, so that the Sunders now give +1 Teleport

This is a great idea. But then the Charm should be able to drop in Normal and with level requirement 18.

Sometimes I just wish they would do what all the “kids”/“zoomers” suggest and then see the game die in popularity and they would still find something to cry about.
Lets just tune up drop rate of runes by x100 aswell. Give us stackable runes/gems etc, hell why not turn the game into PoE while you at it!
Or! If you want PoE gameplay, go play PoE.

Why level 18?
It better be Akara’s bounty on normal

Sander/Aldur/Natalya Booties, Trang oul armor, Peasant crown, Harmony bow, Cat’s Eye ammy, and a bunch of faster run walk charms. Anyone can gain some form of movement speed in trade of teleport and it still works. You don’t need to remove enigma, otherwise you might as well say that the sorc’s teleport should also be removed for the same dumb reason.

No one is forcing anyone to play a specific play style and to do so is the choice of the individual. I’ve played a summonless/no hireling thorns necro and I loved every second of it. People can play what they wanna play, bear sorcs and most other builds are a unique BECAUSE of players thinking outside of the “ugly corner”

This quote wins the thread!

2 Likes

Lol imagine believing that teleport makes the game worse. Like dude if you want to run everywhere be my guest but I know what I’m doing so teleport is de way. Like these people want to clip everybody else’s wings because they’re so casual they need to remove teleport like they removed immunities

Did you know every character can wear one?

Didn’t expect some actual legitimate replies considering the toxicity of this forum, still about 30% of these are just Karen Purists saying some very “because what i say is right” replies.

Yes no one is “forced to play Sorc / Pal” surprised this needs mentioning. That’s not the point. The point is… most players still do! And yes this is bad for the game. The more players are given reasons to explore other classes, the longer the game will be healthy.

The gamers and their population count represent the health and vitality of this game. Gamers will always in majority gravitate to the easiest path of resistance. Early D2 i always looked forward to “rolling my sorc!”.

Which was fine until i started wanting to try some other classes. Other classes feel pointless to play because… Sorc is just faster, and better.

Remember, we’re talking about the gamer population which largely only plays ladder. What’s the fastest way for the largest population to ladder? Sorc.

Imagine playing Overwatch and we still had no class restrictions but Tracer had unlimited blink speed and no reload. Everyone would play tracer. It’d be pointless.

Imagine playing WoW and Druid had 900% movement speed at all times. People would largely just play Druid.

Imagine playing Chess and the Queen can teleport instead and instantly kill where she teleports to.

You see my point? It’d ruin every game. We accept Teleport as it is, because that’s how it’s always been. Is it good for the game? No.

Making Teleport zero FCR would probably only cut botting effectiveness in half. But it’s better than nothing. This is again not the point of my post but a perk.

That’s a bad take, teleport is OP, it has always been, there is not a single class in this game that can compete with Sorc as a league starter.

They should either nerf it or make it more accessible for other classes. It has nothing to do with “kids wanting it easy”, it’s about class diversity.

No, its about kids wanting it easy, stop sugarcoating it and saying its about class diversity.
Its about kids wanting to be able to skip most of the areas and just farm the selected areas faster.
I dont get why they dont just add waypoints at each act boss instead so people can just create new games and go there instantly, its about class diversity after all.

No so much teleport is the issue, it’s the lack of monster density and the profitability of boss running. Players will go for the rewards, if boss running and farming elite packs in terror zones is the best way to farm, teleport will continue to be dominant.

What are you talking about, it’s been the same meta for 20 years…hello?!

You really think adding WP’s like this would be good for the game? You would be wrong.