#Let Barbs Sing

Before you close up shop and finalize Patch 2.6, I strongly urge the developers to make WarCry unblockable and further reduce mana cost to improve cost-effectiveness…

WarCry

• Make skill unblockable
  • Reduce mana cost to 0.50 per level (down from 0.75)
15 Likes

Also it shouldn’t be a 80 point build or move howl/taunt synergy to BO

12 Likes

I also agree with the synergy… but I’ve proposed Lea/Leap Attack being a potential synergy with Warcry.

2 Likes

This at the very least.

3 Likes

If casters aren’t blocked on their spells, then why is a barbarians casted warcry blockable? That makes zero sense

8 Likes

Very much agree.

Speaking in terms of pvp, the 2.4 fhr change made unusable an already low-tier, but very fun and useable-at-the-time, niche build. The damage increase, in my experience, seemed hardly noticeable in any case.

Changing the skill to “always hit” / “unblockable” would help revitalize this build. However, it will never be as good as it once was, due to inability to stun-lock with such minuscule damage: “Always hit” / “unblockable” would at least make it technically usable in pvp.

Along with Unblockable, I feel the skill needs an additional radius increase. Why not a comparable radius to Nova? This would allow for a bit greater chance to warcry, run, warcry, run, as it often does not stun your opponent, while dealing very small damage.

The 80 skills requirement is too high for what it provides. However, I do think that it is good to maintain singer as a separate build, rather than enable default full hybrid build.

Howl is useful if you choose to utilize 1 point into Berserk, which functions well with warcry stun, due to the synergy bonus.

Adding Battle Orders as a synergy is a good idea, as it would also add to Berserk, and the overall damage of warcry.

Additional synergies should be added to provide trade off between skills.

• Add Battle Orders of 2% dmg per level (New - Low due to Berserk Synergy and Utility)
  • Add Battle Command synergy of 12% per level (High as it is entirely useless to invest high in otherwise)
  • Add Shout Synergy of 6% per level (As tradeoff for Battle Orders or Howl)
  • Lower Howl synergy to 2% dmg per level (Lowered due to Berserk Synergy)
  • Taunt synergy to 6% dmg per level Existing)
    • (Revise Taunt to function on “enemies” rather than “monsters” to allow PVP use)
  • Battlecry to 6% dmg per level (Existing)

Thereby, main warcry skills for max singer damage at high level become

• Warcry
  • Battle Command 12%
  • Shout 6%
  • Taunt 6%
  • Battlecry 6%
    = Warcry + 30% dmg per level

Or you can benefit From Beserk Synergy with approximate 27% Less Warcry Damage with

• Warcry
  • Battle Command 12%
  • Howl 2%
  • Battle Orders 2%
  • Taunt or Battlecry 6%
    = Warcry + 22% dmg per level

Or meet in the middle

• Warcry
  • Battle Command 12%
  • Battle Orders (or Howl) 2%
  • Taunt 6%
  • Battlecry 6%
    = Warcry + 26% dmg per level

(Current 3 synergies, Battlecry, Taunt, and Howl, provide +18% dmg per level)

1 Like

Yesss pleassee + 1 OP ! War cry being able to be blocked is SOO annoying …

1 Like

I tried to make singer during S1 and gave up. Mana cost is insane. Damage is very low. I used him only to BO my uber runner but any barbarian spec with 20 points invested into BO will be just fine. It will be nice if Blizzard can do something with this unique build.

1 Like

I made one in S1 also all the way up to 95 … my Bo were lvl 49 and still felt slow in P1 … The damage is insanely low and the fact that monsters can block you is even more annoying… even with 2.1 k mana and insight i was able to run out of mana sometime (in Sanc and trav mostly.) At least it was one of the safest build i ever done with 8 k life and perma stun but it felt sooo slow that i will never do it again XD.

1 Like

#ILikeToSinga #FullBardbarian #HarshLanguage

1 Like

Because the barb is talking to the hand cuz the face isn’t listening.

raises hand Brah Bruh Bruh Bro BRAH BRAH BRAH BRO

2 Likes

Because barb shout isn’t a “spell”, since it does physical damage not magic or elemental. It’s just an AOE attack.

For the record, I think this is a stupid reason and should be changed, but you asked the reason…

OMG yes.

This is certainly true. If a full singer barb needs that many skill points, it needs to perform better. If the build is going to be this weak, it should not cost so much.

I don’t see many suggestions on this forum that I agree with, but I would very much like to see some love for the singer barb. I tried making one and it’s… doable but… it just can’t compare with almost any other build. A smiter might be the only build with a worse clear speed.

2 Likes

Right and in that same vein, there shouldn’t be any reason as to why WW can’t use chance to cast procs on items like dracs, gavel of pain, etc… since it uses AR to determine hit rating.

1 Like

Is tornado unblockable?
Asking because it’s one of the only other ranged physical damage skills.

I’m not a druid player, but I found this through googling found it on jsp and a gamespot article from 2009 3 years before the jsp article. However, this is based on LoD and not D2R so things could be changed/not the same as have found out.

A group at the Amazon Basin did some experiments with this and figured out to
a certain extent what is going on. The original discussion can all be found at
this link, and makes fascinating reading, but I will summarize it:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=78001 ← this link no longer works and I can’t get it to pull up on wayback machine either.
https://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/115290-tornado-and-twister-mechanics/#comment-1435716 ← I believe this is the link that the OG references based on searching.

Tornado deals damage in two ways. The first way is by collision of the Tornado
missile with the enemy; this is affected by the NextDelay as expected, meaning
that only one such collision can affect each enemy in any 25-frame period. The
collision deals the listed damage for the tornado skill.

The second way is through an “aura pulse”. Each tornado has an aura associated
with it (the auras are invisible, but the pulse damage is applied within a
radius of 2 yards or 3 sub-tiles). Every 15 frames, the aura “pulses” and
deals the listed skill damage to any enemies currently overlapping it. This
pulse damage ignores NextDelay. Each tornado lasts for 75 frames (3 seconds).

I for one think singer barb is just fine already.
Compared to Nova sorc:

1. The aoe stun effect is strong.
  2. Barb has much higher HP and natural resistance than sorc.
  3. Caster barb has high FCR which makes Find Item faster too.

You have to make Warcry worse than Nova in some way.

Wat? Nova is literally half of the required points to max out at 40 points (20 in static, 20 in nova) than a warcry barbarian at 80 points. Secondly, warcry can be blocked, nova cannot be blocked. One does phys damage, one does elemental damage. Plus you can just tele in, frost nova, static them all down and hit 1-3 novas and mobs are dead. Barbs cannot do that.

One of these things are not like the other.

2 Likes

Sorc has 1k hp
Barb has 3k hp

I know it doesn’t matter in Softcore mode

Huh i have a mana shield sorc with 7 k mana and 1.2 k life … but also a bo barb with 8 k hp … Where did you get those numbers ? Sorc can be more tanky thank to the high mana pool combo with insight unless you are trying to tank baal mana surge.

1 Like