#Let Barbs Sing

Yeah this has been in my wish list for a long time.

1 Like

Or

Make war cries tree a synergy for its aoe

Leap attack a synergy for its damage

War cry is now a synergy for leap attack damage

Leap attack radius damage is now war cry

Everybody is happy

Nova is 60 points with Mastery.
Barbs can just leap in Warcry them all down and hit Find Item and mobs drop loot. Sorcs cannot do that.

The reason one thing is not like the other is because there are only two things. Both things are not like the other.

makes no sense that its blockable. when the neighbor’s washing machine starts going wild i cant block the sound off by raising a shield.

3 Likes

Because barbs aren’t supposed to yell you to death? I guess we need a new mastery, warcries mastery, 15% per level to increase non melee damage per level.

Make barbs supreme Karen’s…

1 Like

I agree it would be great to have WC be more effective.
At 80 Points it’s a massive investment.

There’s a problem though - WC is literally the strongest AOE utility in the game.

eg. If you were ever in a Ball Run or CS with me running my WW Barb - you would never, ever die nor be threatened.
I ran Nigma and Dual Hoto on swap.
I aggro, I condense - 1 BC and then spam WC. Let the heavy hitters freely kill at will.
Monsters are 100% stun-locked.
Ball runs - the 5 Waves = Cuddly little helpless teddy bears.

Therefore: If you increase the power of WC - which I 100% agree with! - you can’t have the best of both worlds.
Imagine WC being as strong as a Nova Sorc or even X% as strong as.
One major difference is(outside of Bosses/Ubers) = The WC Barb will NEVER EVER be threatened - unless ranged ofc, outside of AOE radius, which is everyone’s issues so let’s ignore that.

If you want WC more viable and stronger then a sacrifice must be made:
I agree the mana cost should be reduced - but it may be so high because again - the sheer utility of the skill and safety it provides.
Therefore: The stun length must be reduced.
at Slvl 25 on ptr it’s 5.8 seconds. What this breaks down to in Hell idk - 1/3?
I’m only running CTA and Spirit. No + skills/caster gear of note due to obvious limitations of gear options.
Nothing can touch me. Bosses(elites - not act or SU’s), Champions, trash mobs - nothing.
A MAJOR Drawback of WC seems to be its Physical Attack. Undead take -50% damage. They’re clearly dying much more slowly than any other units.
6-7 WC on avg to kill a p1 Stony Field zombie slvl 25 WC.

• How to make WC stronger?

I think a possible solution is the hybridize the damage, reduce the stun duration and alter synergies.

1. Make WC deal 50% phys and 50% Magic dps
  2. Berserk - 12% Magic Damage per level
  3. Battle Cry and Shout - 6% Physical Damage per level
    That’s in-line with an 80 point build. this adds Magic damage and an overall 6%(to 24%) increase as the previous 3 synergies gave 18% per level invested.(Removed Howl and Taunt - They’re 1pt utility and using having them syn WC is a case of “well we had to use something” - but if you feel they should be kept - so be it)

If you wanted to make it a 60 point:

1. Berserk 12% Magic damage per level
  2. Battle Cry 12% physical damage per level
    Why BC and not Shout or BO??? - that’s a sacrifice. I also think BC is more suited as it’s something that, imo, should be cast all the time anyway and it’s also not “an easy out” Synergy.

The 60pt variant will allow for a solid, strong build with room for Shout/Bo, passives and maybe a smattering of combat.
Either way - making it ALSO deal a % magic damage will increase the range of effectiveness, esp dealing with Phys immunes and so on.

(edit - p.s. The reason I select Berserk is obvious for the possible hybridization and the Magic based Synergy - Also Berserk would be your Single Target Boss Kill skill.
Looking at Berserk though - you’d never be able to give it a cross-synergy…
So idk!
Remove BC from WC and add Howl so you could run:
WC
Howl
Shout
Berserk?
Make BO a WC synergy?
WC
Howl
Bo
Berserk?
1 AOE maxed and 1 Single Target double synergy? Clean 80 Points and Shout wouldn’t work well with Berserk ofc and Shout isn’t necessarily needed with an AOE Stun skill so… )

its block due enemy listening to ipod or simply there a chance enemy spwan deaf

3 Likes

So are we really trying to make singer barbs a thing again?

We’re really going there? Because if it’s for pvp even remotely you can forget it, the fhr changes ruined that already.

Pvm? I’m saying no to this as well. They should lower the damage of war cry, remove the synergies, and increase base stun duration. It should be utility for hardcore.

I don’t think it should be a build at all.

Give warcry only two synergies.

Make those synergies find item and find potion.