Legacy Mode Sound Glitching (Switch)

I tend to play in legacy mode quite a bit, and one thing I’ve noticed is after about a half hour of gameplay, most of the sound effects are glitching and cutting out.

It continues to do this even in resurrected mode once it starts. Only fix is to reboot the game.

Edit:
Some additional information that may be relevant. This bug does not seem to occur on my sorceress. But it does on my poison necro and zealer Paladin.
The sorceress does not poison anything.
The necro and Paladin do inflict poison (Paladin due to venom on grief). Perhaps something glitches when poison is inflicted. Could be a good starting point if anyone is going to look into it?

2 Likes

It continues to happen on any console platform ever since the game was first released. I cannot believe this has never been looked into and resolved!

Switching between set 1-2, casting CTA shouts on switch and teleporting creates the problem. Not sure what button combination or when it glitches exactly, but does not seem to occur without using them.

Personally spent over 3,000 hours with this version of the game so far and can absolutely say that my preferred mode of Legacy in Resurrected is broken. We are basically forced to use Modern, unless you enjoy playing with half of the sound or literally restarting the game every 5 minutes.

My first post and thread was made about the same and ended up being ignored completely.

Legacy Mode - Sound Glitch - Console Bug Report - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com)