Ladder Season 2 will begin on October 6th/7th

Classic is classic, ain’t it?

should we start selling our infinitys?

1 Like

Infinity still works. Except it starts at 95%.

but it sure wont be as mandatory/valuable as it is now

No. Some cheaper -resist items and you can play Terror Zones without thinking about immunities.

Nothing about the ruined PvP, for real?

Time to quit forever

2 Likes

Bye. For real.
Also, I don’t trust the source here.

2 Likes

Baalor. For real, you like baalruns?

1 Like

Lol! It was my callsign in 90s mechwarrior 3 days.

2 Likes

I booked vacation time, postponed my marriage, and plan on calling in some fake complaints to child protective services right before that date to ensure some alone time until things get figured out.

This date better be real or I may be in trouble. Sarcasm tag needed. If anyone books time off based on any dates posted, even by blizzard, its on you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Official English news is now out.

1 Like

RIP melee builds. Please just delete them all. Bye barb

3 Likes

nope, amplify damage will have full effect now instead of 1/5 after breaking immunities.

2 Likes

Yes. All -resist, if you have the charm, works at full effect.

The charm also does not work for minions.

edit: misread. So this only drops in terror zones? hmmm
Maybe this is a not so good idea. It basically eliminates the amulet slot. It will be a must have item for any build… besides Hammerdin. Again, it leaves hammers OP in this respect.

Why not just make hammers do fire damage instead of magic and call it a day. This completely flips the meta upside down and eliminates the amulet slot. That means sorc is screwed for tal set.

Are actual D2 veterans developing this? What’s going on? This is a WoW move.

edit 2: They are charms…
much better

NEW SUNDERED CHARMS

In Hell difficulty, many monsters receive resistance to specific damage types. If their resistance increases above 100%, that monster is then immune to a specific damage type. Because there are only a handful of ways to reduce a monster’s immunity, only a minute portion of hero builds can successfully farm all zones in Diablo II: Resurrected. We realize that this can create scenarios where certain builds are unable to take full advantage of the current Terror Zone, thus missing out on the experience gains, and most importantly, the fun of these zones.

To promote increased class build diversity, we are introducing six new Unique Grand Charms that allow the player to break specific monster immunity types while the charm is in their inventory.

You’ll notice a new keyword below called Sunder. This keyword means that if a monster has immunity to a specific damage type, their resistance will be reduced to 95% regardless of what their starting resistance percentage was—breaking their immunity and allowing damage of that type to be dealt to them. Sunder is applied before other resistance reducing modifiers and only affects non-players. These new unique charms will only drop from Terrorized monsters of Champion, Unique, Superunique, or Boss difficulty. There is one tradeoff the comes with the new Unique Grand Charms—while they reduce a monster’s resistance, they also reduce your resistance to the same element, allowing you to receive more damage of that type. During the PTR, Sundering Charms will not drop from monsters and can only be tested through the PTR character templates mentioned later in the blog.

1 Like

If it reduces the characters nax resistance, it’s a stupid idea, really really stupid.
If it reduces the current resistance, absorp and overloading resistance will simply cancel it and it is simply ridiculous, so many builds will be face-rolling without even getting the drawback.

Well this is likely goodbye to blizzard as a whole, they are about to ruin the last good game they had.

3 Likes

eh, over reaction. Might be ok. Needs testing. I don’t think eliminating immunities, a staple of the game, is the right way to go – especially by lowering inventory space more. There are much better solutions to the hammerdin issue…

Still, this might not be game breaking.

Another side effect of this, that could be bad, is it will reduce the motivation to roll multiple characters. One of the reasons I set goals to have a variety of character is because of the new places and ways I can farm. Because of immunities, a lot of great farm spots are not available to all characters. Now I will likely be able to do all of it on one character – making ladder a lot shorter for me. This is unfortunate. I don’t think this is a good direction. The ramifications to “why” players play wasn’t added to the equation.

Just wiping out a major dynamic of D2 is going to have a lot of “unforeseen” consequences. This is one of them, certainly.

I don’t understand why devs don’t just drop major change ideas like this on the forum to see what the community thinks first. Why blow up a 20 year old game without the input of the following that’s kept it alive? If they leave, no one else is coming in. It’s not like WoW.

Try a Blizzard build and tell me that again.

But whatever way you look at it, this is such a huge change that the game no longer is Diablo 2 afterwards.
Only way this will not result in face-rolling builds is big overhauls and rebalance, starting from scratch and they won’t do that so face-rolling for everyone.

Bet ya it will be a penalty to non-permanent resistance, Flickering Flame will solve it for firebuilds, rest needs to do a little more but casters will have a field day.

I guess this is the way of Blizzard, they don’t care much about their games and even less about their playerbase.
They don’t want the 20 year old game to survive, they want us to buy D4 not get stuck on the game we love.

4 Likes

It doesn’t reduce max res.

Was afraid of that, so fire builds simply use Flickering Flame and ignore the penalty.
And many build don’t care anyway, I mean my Nova/ES sorc had negative lightning anyway.