Ladder Season 2 Start Date?

Any thoughts on this?

My guess is a Thursday Sept 22nd start date

1 Like

The end of the 4th month of the current ladder falls on August 28th.

In the original game, the servers are pulled offline, there’s an hour or two for the servers to switch all ladder characters to non-ladder, the servers are brought back online, and someone flips a digital switch to start the next ladder. With the likelihood of an upcoming PTR due to a patch coming, it will likely take longer.

If I were to take a wild guess, we’ll be getting an announcement of the upcoming PTR/Patch notes very soon, perhaps even with a start time for the next ladder, which I’m going to go ahead and guess will be Friday, September 2nd.

Should be like US 1 September and EU 2 september =) but we dont know, maybe there huge patch incoming 2.5 who needs to be tested for PTR and Ladder 1 can be longer??.

The main question is if 2.5 is decoupled from ladder reset or not.

Personally i don’t expect a big patch to come during a season. I also don’t think they will work on 2.5 until season 3.
So my conclusion is that we don’t get the 4 months rhythm or we get no 2.5PTR. But with their bad development speed & low quality i’d say season 1 will be 5-6 months long and PTR is needed.

1 Like

I heard from a reliable source who was having an affair with a low level intern from Blizzard who worked in the mail room that the next ladder will be in December.

This source may or may not have been arrested prior to employment and May or may not have been featured on an episode of COPS for stealing a kiddy pool from Walmart.

2 Likes

Early september would be amazing but im not gonna hold my breath

Blizztrack says there was an update for D2R Early Review and Development Region today.

Updated Tuesday, Jul 26 2022 at 6:58 AM AKDT. Hmmm… :thinking:

3 Likes

I can’t wait! Love new freshes

1 Like

MacroBioBoi and Teo are discussing which skills need updates right now :thinking::smirk:

Lets goooooooooooo!!!

Don’t celebrate just yet haha. :laughing:

It is a good sign though, there was also an update on the 22nd but I forgot to share here. Unfortunately it seems like BlizzTrack is still going through changes currently so there’s no previous data comparisons.

News on Thursday (28th) maybe? Or if not next week? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

That’s my guess, maybe a bit afterwards since D3’s PTR was extended. While there are different teams working on both games, the same community managers handle the developer communication/community/feedback for both games. Once they’re done collecting feedback from D3’s PTR, they’ll hopefully have a hefty plate of D2:R news to serve us.
:plate_with_cutlery:

1 Like

Pez answered a tweet earlier, D2R ladder news looks to be mid to late August. So, looks to be over 4 months for Season.

1 Like

Ooh, thanks for info.

Here’s a link to the Tweet:

The question is, is he talking about the news or the ladder itself? We don’t know, he probably intended for it to be ambiguous haha. :stuck_out_tongue:

At least we’ll have some news by then though.

I would assume it would be a broad projection about the ladder and not simply when they’re going to dish the news about it. The date range is probably due to the unknowns that come with patching and PTR, whether or not PTR runs longer than planned, fixing patch problems, etc.

So if that is accurate, and the fact that Fletcher responded to the inquiry, news about the PTR is likely imminent.

1 Like

It would be nice if the news was sooner, as it seemed to imply news of the ladder and ptr as opposed to actual patch drop to me, which could have put patch mid September and ladder late September. Sort of had a feeling that they were holding out for 1 year of launch

BlizzTrack says the PTR client was deprecated, wonder if this means we won’t see a PTR for 2.5 or future versions. :thinking:

They could be doing a new client. Maybe making a vendor or character copying like D3. Pez said in the one communication that ptrs moving forward would use more regional databases.

1 Like

Maybe, we’ll see I suppose. I’m dying for news here, trying to be patient though. :smile:

Well there is really no need for a PTR if you just do some minor bug fixes.

Seems like they finally moved on with any more changes to D2R.