Ladder Season 2 Start Date?

Yeah, same. Lots of how I tackle reset will depend on the patch, though it is a little worrying with the lack of teasers or direct info since the devs seemed to have quite a bit of interest in what to update next.

There was an update this morning for D2R, BlizzTrack said the Beta and PTR clients were also updated. I joined the BlizzTrack Discord and asked one of the devs why a client would be updated if it were deprecated and they said:

ā€œdeprecated doesnā€™t always mean killed, they could be getting ready to use them agian. though sometimes the updates they get are just cdn config/build config changessā€

Hmm. Regardless though, if there is a PTR planned we should be seeing it very shortly assuming Pez meant that the ladder reset itself was ā€œSometime mid to late August most likely.ā€ Seems like a tight schedule though.

Letā€™s say the reset will be on August 30th (Tuesday). If they run a PTR theyā€™ll probably need at least a week or two for any feedback, so maybe weā€™ll see something next week (Aug 8-12) or the week after (Aug 15-19). Maybe weā€™ll see some news tomorrow or Thursday regarding that if so.

Or there might not be a PTR planned at all, who knows. Meh, Iā€™m just excited. :laughing:

Aha, just got an update from Pez. He was talking about the PTR when he said that earlier. So it sounds like the ladder reset wonā€™t be until September most likely.

1 Like

So yeah, sounds like updating ptr client. Patch itself is probably done or mostly done.

1 Like

So it seems like a 4 month ladder reset is off the table for this ladder at least, whether that means itā€™ll be a 5 month reset or the usual 6 month instead we shall see. Maybe itā€™ll line up with D2Rā€™s 1 year anniversary on September 23rd.

As for the PTR, mid/late August would probably put the start date anywhere from August 15-30. Iā€™m thinking probably August 23rd since Blizz tends to do stuff on Tuesdays and Thursdays, at least for D2R. Maybe weā€™ll get a news post next week or something.

Regardless that bit of clarification from Pez is quite nice, always appreciate communication. :smile:

1 Like

Diablo 3 extension likely impacts our own timeline. I will admit that i cant wait for whatever is coming - but i dont think it will be soon.

If they are planning PTRs over the course of the next several years to test changes, they need to add PTR vendors that can give us virtually all items possible. Their decisions for what items they give us are feasible, but are still overall lackluster. People are going to want to test what the changes/additions do to endgame builds.

1 Like

Rod says thereā€™s no overlap, D3 PTR has no effect on the D2R PTR.

Better buckle up, looks like the train is still a ridin!

Yeah, I was slightly figuring that they may reset then, for the anniversary. I do think weā€™ll see a two week gap between 2.5 live and ladder, just like with 2.4, So that could put the patch first or second week September if they make mid August for PTR.

And we may be getting close. Just updated the game with a new patch, probably more backend stuff in prep.

1 Like

BlizzTrack says there was an update to the Early Review, Development Region, and Vendor clients today.

This is the first time the Vendor clients have been updated in a while, maybe weā€™re getting close to the PTR? :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

A teaser would have been a nice gift for the weekend.

2 Likes

I wonder how the vendors can change? If its a refresh button, you might just get those +3 warcry javs much quicker.

Would this effect GG rares? Or is that only gamble and imbue?

He meant the vendor as in retail builds of the game. Not the in game shops.

1 Like

Still dont know what that means :smiley:

It means they updated the backend of the game clients on our launcher. Probably in prep for the ptr.

1 Like

Oh thats good news. Thanks for clarifying.

Iā€™m craving for some news, Itā€™s beena month since ive been checking forums for 2.5 PTR but looks like D2R is getting that classic treatment of complete silence and lack of communication. I just hope this game isnā€™t a pump and dump like WC3 Refunded.

September 30th is the end of season 1. Hope this helps

1 Like

I hope you are wrong :smiley:

It sounds september 4ever-th