I've figured out the whirlwind breakpoints for slow bases

i thought ww only took into consideration ias straight on the weapon.

now i read ppl talking about jewels in helms and stuff.

im confused. things are changing too much lol

1 Like

I agree with the first free hitcheck, but the second one doesnt seem to exist in my opinion. For my test, i used 0 ias and a Pike. Long WW trough the Shenkpack in Normal with a lvl90 barb. First hit is early, every hit after that keeps the rythm

According to ubeos work, i should be at 11 frames, so hits in 4-15-26… that sounds correct to me. Would be a very big change of rythm if i had 4-9-20-31…

I also did some tests on the mini WWs to see the potential there. For that i just looked on how long my mana lasts by doing WW against the air. I ended up at roughly 3.2-3.3 Attacks/Second, so close to 8 frames.
Could see that being useful for builds that hit like 7frames. 11Frames WW → 2 hits → basically 5.5frames

(Total Mana / Manacosts = Number of attacks. Number of Attacks/Time = attacks/sec for this test)

There was a patch 2 days ago that changed how WW works. People here are trying to figure out the breakpoints and stuff

1 Like

Interesting find, I’m going to test when I am back from work.
Also as a side not, I make sure I have got at least 7k attack rating for WW for hits not to miss due to small amounts of ar.

Exactly, weak weapons got weaker, steong ones stronger. 2x grief PB is even stronger than before.

I wouldn’t really call 2x grief stronger since it’s affected by chilled and decrepify now, and according to the testing I’ve seen the second free hitcheck is gone.

is very easy too understand blizzard kill 50% of the barb maybe more

let me break down barb have 6 mastery

1- already 33.3 % are dead because pole arm and spear mastery are dead 2/6
2- on the 4 remaining one 1 throwing mean 16.6% is alright
3- 3 mastery remaining mean 50% , on this 3 mastery you have one and two hand remove a other 50% because all two hand axe mace ect, are dead mean a other -25%

mean the end result 59 % of the barbarain mastery die mean all two weapon from all mastery are dead with 2 full mastery with pole arm and spear mastery good job blizzard . the only option left is playing with fast 1 hand weapon mean soon all barb will be the same so clueless

2x grief pb is hardly affected by decrepify or chill. Most PVM barbs wear highlords and laying of hands. Even if decrepified or chilled, 2x grief pb hits with 5fpa-10fpa then every 2.5fpa frenquency afterwards.

We actually don’t know the impact yet. Testing already confirmed that 5% ias on a PB is no longer enough to get to 4 FPA. We have yet to see how much IAS you need exactly to reach 4 fpa on a PB now. I have no doubt that grief + LoH + Highlords is enough to reach it, but whether it’s enough to stay at 4 despite being chilled / decrepped is still unclear.

My thought is Berserker axe may be dethroned as the best overall axe in favor of Beast War Spike + ebotd War Spike. Speed over damage. They need to up the ed% on WW in general with these changes in a bad way.

Can you link the test?

Nope, ebotd doesn’t stand a chance against grief.

It is faster so if this is the new meta well, grief has been dethroned.

how is botd war spike faster than grief pb both range 2?

Beast war spike + ebot war spike would be faster

This link: Whirlwind is being adjusted · Issue #7 · ChthonVII/d2r_24ptr2_wereform_calculator · GitHub

If you scroll down a bit you’ll see a post by Warren1001 from 2 days ago where he lists a small table with comparisons between 2.4 and now.

1 Like

grief will always rule is that simple the dev need to remove the restriction so barb will be able to use dead is that simple other option are underpower

With Warren1001’s table,
Consider a 4/9/14 ww you’ll get 6 hits, and before 2.4.3, a 4/8/12 ww you’ll get 5 hits.
The average hits/per frame is 0.428 vs 0.416
Further more, now WW could start immediately after last WW ends if it indeed acts as patch notes.
If you cast a 14F WW, before 2.4.3, at 16F you can cast second ww, at 20F get one hit, that will be total 5+1 hits at 20F.
Now you cast a 14F WW, at 15F you can cast second ww, at 20F get two hits, that will be total 6+2 hits at 20F.
For the DW grief, it maybe the truth, “Overall, Whirlwind attacks should be at least as fast as they were before” as patch notes.

Sadly for 2-handed weapons, they are nerfed indeed.

Ultimately it’s an increase during leveling, but a big nerf, especially for the dw with good equipment.
Why not take the opportunity to nerf the melee.
But do you test the things you do or do you just to do them? poor Blizzared.
Please nerf more melee. We need more op caster for sure.

1 Like

the point you miss , is before ww use to be broken, now is not anymore

wait, how do you know?

Initially, you said this:

sooo, your provided analysis is for 1-handers, but you still KNOW stuff about 2-handers?