I've figured out the whirlwind breakpoints for slow bases

What you have quoted is raw analysis. Please refrain from using words like “disingenuous”. I specifically wanted to examine the case with open wounds, because that is what I was excited for in this change.

I don’t understand what is the rest of your post is trying to say. Just picking on unrelated details here. I’ve already concluded that IK barb became arguably worse.

IK barb is garbage tier now, not just worse.

Than base your analysis on 4 frames that every WW build with IK actually reached instead of the 6 frames. In 2.4 and before, there was no logical reason why anyone wouldn’t want the 50% DPS increase through the 30% IAS in weapon. You also can improve the weapon ED up to an additional 80%.

UBERS in IK is a fools errand. At least in HC :sunglasses:

this will be 110 % so much easy blizzard just have too give us a update on the change compare to hide this is just so unprofessional with the lack of communication with the community

so plz my brother barb stop fighting each other he all find he getting nerf for 2 hand and slower weapon

I have corrected one of the breakpoints (0 base, 5 frame). Figured that it was impossible when trying to crack the code due to how rounding works (80=81 in some forumla). Correct breakpoint for 5 frame attacks on 0-speed base is 89.

1- just to be in 5 frame is inacceptable the dps lost is so huge
2- all the ias gear requirements is also to much and end with dps lost

mean two hand is dead probelme fix

about 1 hand -30 and -10 weapon will rule not sure about 0 base weapon zerker

For the sake of clarity, would you mind including a frame table for what it used to be in the OP for those not versed in the nuance?

no big deal this will dont have a major impact soon or later he will find it

the hurt is done too the class anyway

i guess is better to play a fury :wolf: druid now sry :bear: :roll_eyes:

I don’t think any WW builds are now viable in HC when cold damage/Holy Freeze/decrep now means certain death…

There isn’t much of a choice considering they killed the attack speed of every other melee skill for druids…

1 Like

agree 110% this will be a -50 dps lost

that why i say he will play a fury druid lol

this still amaze :thinking: me some people getting pay for this type of update and work

getting pay for ruinning the class or the game :thinking: :roll_eyes:

done, hopefully the table is clear

tomorrow i’ll figure out the fast bases too

2 Likes

thank for all your time and work all appreciate this at least give us a idea

dam this look bad :frowning: compare before crap show

btw zak i told you 2hand is more bad of 1 hand :thinking:

that’s all true but keep in mind off-weapon IAS now works. And aparently skill IAS should work too (crazy mage said Holy Freeze affects speed)? So i guess Beast whirlwinding could be a thing?

I have to say though, I did some whirlwinding on my IK barb in the chaos sanctuary and i didn’t feel like getting decrepified made it much worse.

1 Like

welcome too diablo 3 whirlwind for diablo 2 :roll_eyes:

after some more fiddling there’s a lot more to discover. It looks like what I have measured is for 2-handed weapons specifically. 1-handed sword and javelin were much faster than this.

I have also found that it’s possible to use the very slow great maul and just repeatedly spin in place for much faster attacks (albeit at very high mana cost)

Hi Guys,
I’ve tried DW BA Grief /BA Beast to have some 8pp Baal run in offline games.
It seems the average kill time significantly reduced to 14-17seconds.
Before 2.4.3 with DW Grief it will averagely exceed 20 seconds with same gears.
Could WW reach 3f just like wereform’s IAS formula or it only impoved by the bug fix of the hit check in 8th Frame?

You get free hitchecks at 4fpa and 9fpa at the start of WW which weren’t present in 2.4.

That’s what I was trying to tell before the thread turned into whine fest. Have a look at the botd thundermaul test and you’ll see you get free hitchecks at frame 4 and 9 regardless of the attack speed of the weapon so if you chain them with short WWs like I did in the video you actually do more damage than in patch 2.4. I made the test at p8 setting. IK set should behave the same way.

Let’s take a moment of silence to remember our beloved barb.

3 Likes

So it works like it used to with small tri ww, except now you need more ias for basic long ww to hit, a nerf to the entire class.
Not to mention the slow and frozen nerf to WW.

3 Likes

The main issue with Whirl Wind is it is meant to be uninterruptable. Holy freeze should not affect its attack speed!

1 Like