"It's a remaster, not a remake" they keep saying

It’s clear that Blizzard intends to make several changes to the game to meet the expectations of modern gamers. Quick cast is something many wanted to reduce the amount clicking and to make the gameplay more fluid.

The last few lines of their announcement for 2.3
“The primary focus of that PTR will be revolved around fixing database issues and stabilizing our online environment. Once we are confident these fixes are in a good place, we’ll share more details on Ladder rank play and even more new changes coming to Diablo II: Resurrected.”

Yes, for more changes.

32 Likes

I’m excited. I honestly thought they were gonna just keep the game in maintenance mode pretty much and just do ladder resets once things stabilized. Hopefully they add loot filters, gem stacking etc. and test some balance changes in the PTR.

18 Likes

I want them to do patches “Blizzard North style”.
We were always excited and terrified about new patches. We’d either get tons of new stuff to play with or massive nerfs and buffs. It was rarely a boring day when the patch note dropped. People would rage at some changes and be happy about other changes.

15 Likes

Yeah I’m down for that tbh. I played a ton over the past 2 months and I’ve had my fill of the current “meta.” Let’s shake things up.

12 Likes

I don’t see why people are looking forward to this.

I am expecting the “new changes coming to d2r” to be some form of monetization scheme and season pass style ladders.

1 Like

I mean you can assume what you want from that line, but I don’t see it that way. They even mentioned possible balance changes in the post.

3 Likes

Well I am a cynic and a pessimist, and I have grown used to blizzard monetizing the hell out of their games in recent years thanks to Activision slowly poisoning them from the inside and the greats from Blizzard’s past all leaving.

I would be incredibly surprised if they don’t add some form of long term monetization with the ladders.

3 Likes

And that’s great because it assures that the game will keep getting content updates. Nothing worse than a stale game.

7 Likes

And the sheep even ask for it now.

3 Likes

Eh unless it’s all cosmetics or a paid expansion, I don’t want them making us fork over more money.

1 Like

This would definitely make playing something like a pheonix assassin a lot better, since you’ve got like 18 keybinds on that character. Too bad the game is not balanced and charge-up assassins ultimately suck and would need to do like 10x more damage on release to be balanced. lol

1 Like

ofc, blizzard is not crazy to add p2w stuff.

Oh right yeah because paying to skip leveling is perfectly fine.

I think a 60 dollar skip to level 90 boost would be great for the new ladder season personally. Lets get on that blizzard!

nice try goober, comparing apples to oranges.

1 Like

Are you saying paid level skips is not pay to win? It certainly cuts out 95% of the effort it takes to get to level cap.

1 Like

WoW is endgame focused, leveling is just an annoyance. D2 doesn’t have an endgame, leveling and finding loot is all that is.

1 Like

Modern wow is, classic wow is not.

BC classic had level skips after blizzard claimed they would not have them.

It’s a live service game , there will be more patches and more changes .

4 Likes

lvl 90 is so easy to reach… I don’t know why anyoen would pay for that in D2

1 Like

That is corporate speech for “minimum viable product, maximized monetization”

You realize “live services” are some of the worst games released in the last decade right?

At least wow used to have value in its monthly subs and didn’t try to nickel and dime you so much like it does now.

FF14 is much better in that regard.

It’s even easier to get max level in modern wow, you can get it in less than a week. People still pay for the boosts though.

1 Like