Ith rune on armor don't seems to work [SOLVED]

It isn’t worded very well, but you have to remember there’s limited space in the item windows (particularly back in the day when 800x600 resolution was the norm). They had to take the shortest phrases that could possibly comvey the intended meaning.

Also: The game wasn’t originally available in other languages to my knowledge, so someone did in fact drop the ball there.

2 Likes

Wow…. Nothing to add here….Just wow…

1 Like

Hmm, yeah if it says it like that, it seems to be worded very oddly. I would post on the Bug Report forums in case that wording needs to be adjusted.

1 Like

15% of the damage you take refill your mana.

That would have been WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY simpler :smiley:

At least for English, it is the original text, it was not changed from the original.

neither in french, that was always like that, i just never tried it before…

I will put this game in english since it’s translated like S…

It’s more clear, but it’s definitely still longer than their effect description.

1 Like

Yo it was an honest mistake just take the L and delete your griswolds.

1 Like

I can take the runes off of it?

Nevermind i find it and did it

I feel for ya OP. Translations in many games leave allot to be desired. Allot of companies will “translate” terms, but not really “localize” terms in a way that makes sense to people who speak the language.

2 Likes

I’m not mad though, i was just curious why the hell my mana was always full and my life played yoyo.

The proper wording would be, 50% of damage taken is returned as Mana.

1 Like

its not really even a translation error, as it’s basically the same as the English version, which also isn’t very clear.

1 Like

there’s a cube recipe to remove items from sockets, but you don’t get those items back.

1 Like

Yeah it’s really a translation error in that case.

Instead of :
“% des dégats subis sont soustrait au mana, which literally translate by % of damage taken is subtracted from mana.”

It should have been:
“% des dégats subis vont au mana, which literally translate by % damage taken goes to mana”

In this case, it’s a huge problem cause lots of french people think it’s an energy shield…
Of course the english version is poorly explained either but more understandable.

Maybe “15% damage taken adds to mana” would have been a better explanation.

3 Likes

You’ll be thrilled to learn about “damage reduction” and “damage reduced by X”

2 Likes

I don’t know if i really wanna even know what that’s mean… i’m afraid

1 Like

Its poorly worded to be fair.

1 Like

I mean, it does kinda say that in English too, just not quite the same way."

It should say “Gain X% of damage recieved as mana”

1 Like