It turns out, D3 is more skilled game than D2

I also purchased some McDonalds. It was also not worth talking about 10 years later.

You did not answer the question. How many people purchased D3 after it was out for a year?

A google search amount. I don’t know or care. The only time D3 gets brought into a conversation is when people are trying to compare a game to something bad.

18+ million. The + does not include the last 5 years or so of sales.

1 Like

McDonald’s probably sold 45 Trillion fries as well. Who cares? Do you also think Nsync was the best band ever?

On that topic:

Denial is one hell of a drug. “D3 sold only out of D2 hype!”. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Facts don’t care about feelings, and the truth is? Those facts are really embarrassing for some people!

No. Sales does nor equal quality. Even in your example, McDonalds is still incredibly successful. You and I may not like their food but facts remain.

Also, I would argue that their fries still are quite good.

D3 was successful.

Lots of things were “successful” that’s hardly an argument for their relevence in 2022. I mean pogs were pretty damn successful. Want to have a conversation about pogs?

Gimme false equivalence with extra logical fallacy on the sides please. We are comparing two video games, of the same franchise, of the same genre to each other here. Even if you combine both D2R + D2LoD LTD sales, they barely stand a chance against just 6 month sales of D3.

Again, facts are facts. Facts don’t care about feelings.

1 Like

Whit all do respect, it’s not bad. It’s different. You realy need to abstract it from D2. Look at it as it’s own thing. You just need to set your mind to it. Change your attitude towards it. Let’s say it’s an arcade game. If you like those, you’ll like D3 too.

1 Like

I do wonder how many ladder characters exist per player this ladder season.

Blizzard announced recently D2R had 5 million paid players. At my last peek, there was 750,000 ladder characters. Someone can make a new ladder level 1 to get a sense of the new numbers.

I have 2 ladder characters right now where one is a level 1 mule.

I do not PVP. but if you think it’s all gear based and no skill. I am sure someone in the PVP community would love to gear you up and have you show how easy it is.

Beats me. I had no interest in ladder from the get go.

Both games’ difficulty depends on the goals that the players have for themselves.

No to personal loot. Just make magic find stack as a group, and increase drop rates. Give us some cube recipes to craft unique and set items from rares, and I can assure you people would flock to this game in droves to play all the GG builds (finally.)

“But they’ll quit once they make the build.” Says the moron who doesn’t understand the type of gamer that would return to a game to finally play a build that doesn’t require luck to get gear for.

Pvm is skilless in both just requires time. Pvp kept d2 alive for 20 years while d3 pvp is an embarrassment.

The devs are working on making d2 pvp just as bad but it will take them some time since they aren’t that knowledgeable about d2 code.

The leader in D2R is to repeat the chaos and ball run thousands of times until you reach 99, this seems to me something sick and meaningless, probably the best game for people with paicological problems such as obsessive comoulsive disorder. Doing the same run thousands of times makes me vomit from boredom. Diablo 3 did well in its end game and its ladder.

1 Like

You have to develop a taste for it.
Single player is truly where d2 shines.

1 Like

try getting close to one the Teo’s speedrun records, then you’ll have the right to tell what he does doesn’t require skill

Need a group of people to play the game for me and I leech it out. Also find me highest end-game gear probably by using exploits (duping), or FGs/$$.