Issue connecting to server to start a game

I’m on Nintendo Switch and just bought the game last night. I booted it up this morning and cannot communicate with the servers. Wifi works fine on my end. I get the message on the home screen saying “an issue occurred while communicating with the game servers. Please check you are connected to the internet and try again”.

4 Likes

Yeah I get that too. Im on ps4.

2 Likes

Yep same here on Xbox. This is getting really old really fast.

1 Like

Gotta love these small Indi company problems from blizzard

It’s getting ridiculous at this point.

Seem have same issue for all consoles except PC. But funny thing is Northern America server still available to login with a console. Some ppl play that way now with NA bettlenet account. WTH really .

1 Like

Are they even doing anything about it?

1 Like

Pfff. This is getting out of hand : ( never ever have i had such a horrible experience playing a game… or better yet: not playing a game…
the game already plays rather inefficient on consoles, but now we also cannot connect to battle.net
its been a horrible week and it is pissing me off… i have had a lot of free time this past week and i have been looking forward to playing each day … but each single day there have been issues and during the day i have barely been able to get any hours in. At night things usually work better but then i’m stuck playing solo because everybody else is sleeping or just quit playing the game altogether. Not that there were many people playing on console to begin with. : ( very disappointed with this experience so far

2 Likes

Si puedes devolver el juego mejor será porque esto es la rutina tener el juego arrancarlo y que no funcione y me río de ciberpunk que lo dejaron de vender en la tienda de PS va infinitamente mejor para que te hagas una idea

NA is down for me in console.

Well it sucks cuz I had a lot of things planned to do today on the game…

Read a lot yesterday and hyped myself up about stuff Id try and do… just to find this sh*t not working… when it actually works for others. Such irritation

4 Likes

EU is down as well… Waiting for atleast 1h already to hear something from blizzard. No twitter, no posts here in the forum. If i read the pc forum correctly, they have introduced queues. Have you forgot to implement the queues on console?

There is a queue system to login to the game now during peak times. It seems they did not add support for this to the console versions. Console version just gets a failed to connect.

Blizzard has decided during peak hours PC players will have priority and server access will be unavailable for console players.

3 Likes

Do you have a source?

EU is down for nearly 10 hours now for console players -_-
Since Pc-„queuing“ was released.

Have you seen any sort of queue splash while trying to connect on console? They set a max player amount for the servers in an attempt to prevent them from crashing. To handle this they added a queue.

There appears to be no support on consoles for a queue. It just fails to connect us to online play and then loads up our offline characters. The action of putting a queue in place without patching in support for it on consoles is the source. There was no priority to have a console patch in place before implementing this restriction.

2 Likes
1 Like

EU have been down for over 12 hours now,
It’s only pc players that have the opportunity to play :thinking: that’s not fair that us on control have to wait a week before we get an update?:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

3 Likes

It’s terrible how it feels like they don’t even read their own forums.

Same for Switch. NA East