I'm running out of space. We need more tabs

I have:
Shared tab #1 filled with runes
Shared tab #2 filled with set items
Shared tab #3 filled with random items/socketed items
1 Mule for gems. It is full of perfect gems
2 Mules for set items. One is full (including equipment slots), the other is almost full.
4 Mules for unique items. They are all full.
1 Mule for socketed items. It is full.

I see no real reason not to either add an arbitrary amount of shared tabs or make those shared tabs have near infinite space (allow scrolling)

And before you say ā€œlimited space is there to make you be strategic about what you pick up and keepā€, people have been making mules for 20 years, and we could make an infinite amount of them so shut it.

149 Likes

the strategic argument is a bad one ill agreeā€¦ and yes we do need more space idk why any1 would be against more stash spaceā€¦ but some people want a charm inv which is bad cuz now that is a choice between easy looting and stronger character

20 Likes

We could use more stash space straight up but we DEFINITELY need more than 20 character slots like wtf that is such a low number of characters for a game like D2, expanded and shared stash is nice but we used to have infinite space, infinite characters, infinite mulesā€¦so what gives?? The people and players that want to make as many characters as they want, under one account, should be able to do so, one way or another.

23 Likes

did you not play d2? make mules.

2 Likes

Why would you need tabs at all then?

1 Like

I have far less perfect gems or runes in my stash than other players do and even with the amount i have i regularly consider just vendoring them. I get that people keep stuff to trade or craft but i always ask myself one thing.
Note: I am playing hardcore only.

Why do you need 10 mules full of stuff that is sitting there most of the time?

2 Likes

Duh, you canā€™t create mule accounts like we did in D2.
That option has been taken away with D2R.

16 Likes

Go sell your stuff for forum gold on d2jsp and instead sit on fg.

Iā€™m about to get flamed.

7 Likes

Just wait until you are reminded that Offline characters eat into those 20 slots too.

7 Likes

I wonā€™t flame you, but I ask you why such a negative thought aimed to cause upset?

1 Like

Did you not realize D2R has a 20 character limit meaning that you can only make so many mules, they eat into your playable characters, and apparently D2R offline characters (made with D2R) also eat into the 20 character limit?

7 Likes

There is a reason why PlugY was so popular for all these years, restricting space makes no sense especially since you have only 20 character slots.

It was nice to put a shared stash in, it was dumb to restrict it to 3 mere pages.

31 Likes

3 shared stash tabs is dumb. It should have been 3 personal tabs per character, and 1 shared stash for transferring / keeping items you want on multiple characters. More shared stash tabs isnā€™t enough, unless itā€™s like 60+

16 Likes

Iā€™ll pay for it, I just need more tabs.

15 Likes

I said this at the beginning - before the game launched. There are clowns here who think ā€˜if it doesnā€™t affect me who caresā€™ who just are self-absorbed and tend to contribute nothing to anything when it comes to determining whether a choice for game design is good or not, but there are other people who for some reason didnā€™t think that they would eventually run out of space with only 20 character slots. They only gave you three stash tabs. Thatā€™s nothing. If we were talking about a way of muling without using character slots, 20 would be maybe reasonable. But weā€™re not.

Just to illustrate what was entirely forseeable: If you want one of each character, thatā€™s 7 character slots. Muling is still a thing, so if you want to be organized, you need a mule for 1) runes 2) uniques 3) sets 4) crafting materials 5) socketable items 6) jewellry but you likely need more mules for uniques/socketable items because they take up so much space and tend to be very valuable. You may need 2-3 mules for those in total. You may also want a perfect gem mule, as well as an additional rune mule or a mule for rares or good magic items. Count that up, weā€™re almost at 20, and we havenā€™t even considered whether you want to play hardcore/softcore/ladder.

10 Likes

I think this is a pretty reasonable point. Downside of only 1 shared tab to use as a ā€œtransfer spaceā€ is that it can get kind of annoying if it fills up fast, and now with the 30 second game timer lockout, swapping mules around frequently is annoying.

I also like to have my runes/gems in a shared tab to be available to all characters, so having only 1 shared tab would probably not make that viable and still have swap space. If this was in conjunction with runes and gems stacking or going into some ā€œconsumable specificā€ inventory then it would probably be fine.

D2R with shared stash was billed as not needing to mule anymore, so the only real way to get rid of that would be tons of shared tabs IMO, since there will be low level items/sets and the consumables youā€™d want to be available to new characters, able to access quickly for a trade, etc.

4 Likes

What I do or donā€™t do with the items I find is my business. Given that Blizzard knows some people horde items, limiting available space like D2:R did was definitely a terrible move on their part.

13 Likes

The personal tabs should be larger; making mules for 1 personal tab + inventory space is just silly.

Yes, itā€™s an improvement over classic D2ā€™s storage which was unanimously terrible, but itā€™s essentially a bare minimum increase in space. I assume they wanted to keep char files down to a certain size. Iā€™d like to believe there is a risk to game stability/would have required significant development work to get any larger, but you never know with Activision.

3 Likes

ęš“é›Ŗļ¼šä½ čÆ“ēš„很åƹļ¼Œ5ē¾Žå…ƒ/锵,ę¬¢čæŽč“­ä¹°ļ¼

2 Likes

Iā€™d actually rather have infinite mules than 3 shared stash tabs at this point.

8 Likes