Ignoring the Enigma/Teleport issue is just cowardly

It’s been an issue for 20 years. There is one endgame Armor and it’s 100% based on mobility.

There’s been plenty of time to come up with a decent solution.

You either need to add mobility through most end game armor or remove teleport on enigma. it’s one or the other, but not even addressing the problem is just flat out wrong.

Add the teleport affix to multiple other possible endgame armors that would be viable if playing the game optimally didnt require teleport.

or remove it from enigma and let original class design be the standard.

14 Likes

i dont want to play sorc for the rest of my life

i like how d3 did it
give every class a good movement skill and enhance it through gear

6 Likes

teleport is not the issue, mobility is. ask yourself why mobility is so essential in a game like this, and then find a solution to that.

5 Likes

Are you high or something? He just told you the solution…. Remove tele from enigma or give tele to other end game armors :joy:

Teleport isn’t an issue but mobility is? No game on planet earth has a mobility ability like teleport in d2. Please :raised_hand:

3 Likes

We need more rune words that have teleport maybe some in helm/shield.

Or for example Standard of Heroes could give +1 to teleport at least it would finally be useful. Or have 50 charges with recharge affix so its not always ready but should be good enough,

Removing teleport from Enigma will only make old Enigmas that much more better on non-ladder and I couldnt care less about ladder so meh solution.

1 Like

I’m in favor of improving mobility with other options. Maybe low level vigor boots, and a couple of high end runewords with teleport.

We don’t want less mobility. Fast paced action all the way!

1 Like

Issue is that sorc is godly OP with tele.

2 Likes

Just leave it, games been alive while u boys were swimming around in ur uncles nuts

9 Likes

How about a cube recipe to add +1 tele to any jewelry?

For me mobility is not a big issue, but tele is an issue because it can guide stupid mercs/skeletons/golems/summons. Obviously, summon necro is very bad without tele, also ranger from act1 always suicides, etc.

1 Like

this isnt a solution
giving tele to any other as hard to acquire gear wont solve the problem
removing tele from enigma will just make the game worse

yes, mobility is the issue
not bc it isnt good enough but bc it is highly required to farm efficiently
in a game where killing normal mobs isnt rewarding, very high mobility (tele) becomes necessary to be able to skip those mobs and snipe elite/bosses

1 Like

There is no issue with Enigma or teleport. Don’t like it? Don’t use it!

7 Likes

Adding mobility to everybody is possible but the harduous way

• Druid: eagle form, transform into an eagle that has high frw and able to fly over some terrains like rivers

• assassin: don’t need a target to dragon flight anymore

• necro: body swap, take the place of one of your summon which exploses it’s corpse

• barb: max stamina is now a vector of leap and leap attack speed

• Amazon: casting decoy summons a decoy, but casting decoy on a decoy switches you places

• sorceress: teleport can only be cast toward seen area, has a 3/4 screen max distance and for 1 second after teleporting your gear bonus is nullified (higher teleport level reduces that duration)

2 Likes

take a look at bloodrush from d3’s necro
thats what he needs
summons position are not reliable

Enigma helm Enigma armor Enigma shield
Jah-Ith-Ber Jah-Ith-Ber Jah-Ith-Ber
+2 To All Skills +2 To All Skills +2 To All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk +45% Faster Run/Walk +45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 To Teleport +1 To Teleport +1 To Teleport
+20-25 IAS +750-775 Defense +750-775 Defense
+(0.75*Clvl) To Energy +(0.75*Clvl) To Strength +(0.75*Clvl) To Strength
Increase Maximum Life 5% Increase Maximum Life 5% +50 life
Damage Reduced By 8% Damage Reduced By 8% Damage Reduced By 8%
+14 Life After Each Kill +14 Life After Each Kill +14 Life After Each Kill
15% Dmg Taken Goes To Mana 15% Dmg Taken Goes To Mana 15% Dmg Taken Goes To Mana
(1*Clvl)% Attack Rating (1*Clvl)% Magic Find (1*Clvl)% Magic Find
1 Like

First of all, why would you need a reliable position?

Mobility should be for evasion not for travelling

Also, why so disingenuous on your critique? Picking skeleton when golem exists and could be cast at the position of your choice to be swapped with

This would be the best solution. Also, TP is too OP because of the speed, should probably get a cast delay of 1 second at least. Insta-skipping 80% of the game is retarded. And I say this as a Sorc main.

1 Like

Nah i think the 3 changes I gave teleport solves the majority of problems

1. limited range hinders travelling use and puts the sorc into more chances to land on a monster group

2. vision prevents skipping terrains like wall and even zones sometime

3. removing gear bonus puts her in a vulnerable spot. Teleport was meant as an espace mechanic, it’s even stated as so In the game manual, if you are surrounded by monsters you can use it to a safe spot regardless of losing your gear offensive and defensive bonus for a second. Which is logical, when she dematerialise, she materialize her body first and gear second. This also has for effect of creating a 1sec cooldown on enigma

even for…

… reliable positioning is required
or no one was ever killed by occy’s random tele?

seems like you dont play any of the classes you make suggestions to
you cant swap with your iron golem bc you gonna lose it if you recast it and golems often move the moment they spawn

this is the problem, 95% of the game is not worth the time it takes to stop to kill it so people realized skiping it is the best ratio time/efficiency

1 Like

I wonder if people would still be okay with drop chances without Andy/Meph/Pindleskin Sorc farming strats.

2 Likes