If they dont fix game lobby and characters slots, i am done

Honest question. Can anyone with a programming or dev background give us a general idea of how difficult it would be to add basic sortable features to the game list? I would think adding a few general categories would not take a huge amount of development hours, but maybe I’m totally off base

2 Likes

I mean, a couple of hobbyist modders were able to figure it out in PD2. I can’t imagine a multi-billion dollar company being unable.

6 Likes

I wasn’t going to bring that up on official forums, but yes. Community modders have done it better and for “free” already. Sadly, expectations for current Blizz are just in the gutter

3 Likes

On the bright side, we can’t see the grayed out button to make new characters right now.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠖⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠓⢤⠚⠉⠀⠀⠀⠉⠢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡜⠁⠀⠀⡠⠔⠊⠉⠉⠉⠒⠵⡤⠄⠒⠒⠒⠠⠵⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⢀⠤⢒⡪⠭⣭⣭⢍⡒⡤⠔⣒⡫⠽⠾⢗⣤⡀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⡔⡇⠀⠀⠀⢀⠴⠥⡪⠒⣹⢋⣿⣷⡍⠘⢷⠛⢨⣏⣹⣿⡍⠑⠳⡄
⠀⠀⠀⡜⠀⠃⠀⠀⠀⠛⠠⡼⠢⠄⣻⣿⣿⣿⣁⠤⢣⠤⠼⠿⠿⠿⠥⠄⢒⠇
⠀⠀⢸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠒⠤⠤⠤⠤⠤⡤⠒⠁⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⣤⠛⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣾⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠂⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠑⠢⠄⠈⢧⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢹⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡄⢠⠒⢉⣉⣉⡉⠒⠒⠠⠤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠔⠒⠂⢸⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⠀⠀⠸⡀⠘⢌⣁⣀⣀⣈⣉⣑⣒⣒⣢⣤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠤⢒⠎⠀⠀
⠀⡠⠔⠚⢵⢄⡀⠀⠑⠢⠤⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢉⡲⠖⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀
⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠑⠫⢖⣢⠤⢄⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣠⠤⣴⠲⢯⡁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠁⠒⠒⠒⠂⠈⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠈⠢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1 Like

Blizzard is on no drama llama mode, ease up and deal with the DDoS attacks!

Yup, some lobby changes and more than 20 slots would be huge in keeping people playing.
Og d2 did it better which is just wrong

6 Likes

If that’s true you’d know OP is 100% right about the character slots since you could make infinite accounts and almost everyone I played with back then had at least 5-10 accounts some even had more.

3 Likes

Reading this hurt my brain.

If they had at least put in more channels: “Cows” “Chaos” “Baal” “Duels” “Quests” the game would be in a WAY better shape than it is now.

Then the game list wouldn’t be as urgent and in fact, I don’t think you would see much demand for game list fixes. I could and WOULD have gotten by with simple channels.

I don’t understand why it’s a big deal to simply add more channels to the list?

I don’t give a damn if the bots are advertising there. Let them advertise. Just let us coordinate and connect with other players FOR ONCE!

Is that too much to ask?

I was literally tweeting the devs about more channels on Day 1 and nothing was ever done about it. That’s why I’m extremely annoyed my feedback was ignored. Because why is it such a big deal to add these channels? That’s minimum dev work for MAXIMUM impact. It’s insane that ladder was launched with out this.

4 Likes

POE is a better game! I guess a a remake was needed not a remaster! Ladder is a joke and bots pretty much proved if you don’t bot or have d2jsp why are you wasting your time unless your able to grind 8-16 hours a day LOL! Lots fun in the poe new season all I see here is gloom and doom as I said it was!

It’s time blizzard just except that this is the most botted game in history…. Legit look up botting for games it’ll prob say made famous by d2…. But it’s time for instances loot and player8 on top of balance changes , new actually good runewords, and maybe a mapping system with corruptions because why would anyone play anything other then the d2 mods or poe like the purist proved what an absolute joke this game is! More hours to get items does make a game hard it’s makes it tedious!! Also no pvp ladder no pvp items or pvp skills no pvp progression…. Is it really a game mode a sad sad sad sad chapter in pvp gaming history

I didn’t expect such attitude from you man. If you want working people to take posts seriously you need to be constructive. No need for a sarcastic tone either, it doesn’t help the cause.

Can you be more specific about fixing the game lobby? What exactly is broken?

What do cheats have to do with the topic title?

• Lobby shows very limited number of games based on your location
  • it shows only 20 games max
  • it shows XX hours empty games

Was explained like bilion times on forum, they must know. They just dont care i guess. Which is sad.

4 Likes

I deleted my NS characters and mules enough to have 17 slots open for 1st season.
I play classic with that small stash so I use up a log of slots for mules.

If these are the issues, I invite you to form a private clan. The idea is to play together and not trade with outsiders, then you don’t care about botting and game list.

Everyone is welcome too.

I have still never seen a post that started with a concise specific explanation of the issue and desired outcome. It always started with salty sarcastic comments

Even answered by community manager, they know it doesnt show all games. After pez radar posted that, there were many people reporting new issue with old games being shown and about 20 games limit. They improved one thing and broke it in other ways basicly.

There is many other topics about it, yes some have sarcasm and hate inside. Guess why? Because they know about the issue but not doing anything about it. It should have been fixed like second day. We played with only very local lobbies for damn 7 months. Its outrageous.

1 Like

Their last update on game visiblity made me play this ladder, it was definitely a step forward. I’ve seen all games in public that were communicated via classic discord. Classic doesn’t have the problem of 20 game limitation and old games though.
I see your points and i also think it’s a disgrace for such a big company to release a lobby that badly.

Personally i can live with chat&lobby now. But the private channels are still useless. Wouldn’t be mad if 2.5 is only about multiplayer functionality.

3 Likes

Do you know what cognitive dissonance is? I recommend learning it. It is more than possible for two people to go through the same experience and come out with different perspectives and views.

I don’t see anything wrong with limiting the number of characters per account, and the current limit is fair.

I’m not going to argue with you about it but obviously a lot of people don’t think it’s fair hence all the complaining.

1 Like

Then they get the same thing they say to me when I bring up the idea of changes that I know would bring back a legion of players; tough.