If they dont fix game lobby and characters slots, i am done

The title, I have enough of this. I love playing on battle net, but if blizzard wont fix game lobby issues and dont increase number of character slots, this is my last online season. And i am sure same goes for many others. Just wanted to say this because there is never enough topics about this because it freaking SUCKS!

Just like blizzard pushed people out of official battle net in D2 with letting people cheat, they are doing it again, this time with poor battle net design.

Because it make sense to not let you make more characters to play and not let you see games of others in online mode of your game right? LMAO.

Message for blizzard: for love of god, atleast come to forum and acknowledge the issue snd tell us you work on fix. Is it that hard?

34 Likes

Bye

1 Like

As I said,

I am not going yet. I will just finish season and go offline.

2 Likes

Agreed with everything. I was highly looking forward to this Ladder but with the garbage lobby, game list, rampant botting, and unreliable servers I quickly quit and went back to single player.

We need more character slots, we should’ve had at least 50 from the very start.

The lobby is hot garbage. We need the ability to easily make, see, and join channels/clans just like original D2 and the spambots need eradicated.

The game list is also trash. We need the ability to search and filter games by game length, type (PvP, questing, trading, farming, etc.), and make descriptions quicker and easier to read (not having a whole separate tab just for the description).

Remove the displayed game limit (it’s currently limited at 20) and implement a ping/latency display for each game instead (that way you have way more options and you know if you’re connecting to a laggy/physically distant game).

Also not a part of the original post but I’d like to see some QoL additions as well, display ilvl (item level) on items and a stackable currency stash tab (gems/runes/keys). ALSO UNNERF CAIN! Move him near the waypoint in Act 5 and cure his dementia so that he can identify items in the cube. I’d also love to see TCP/IP officially reimplemented.

14 Likes

At the very least:

• Automatically sort the game list by most recent + increase the game list back to 40+
  • Add Baal/Chaos/Cow to the channel drop down so players can post their games there. This is ideal for competitive ladder.

The game list as is does not work for competitive ladder. There are too many dead/trade games on the list.

Please at least do the top two suggestions. It will go a long way for future seasons.

P.S. I feel uncomfortable still trying to suggest ideas to Blizzard ideas since these were ignored for the last 7 months. Can we please implement these fixes, shake hands and leave it at that?

2 Likes

I only said “Bye” because I don’t have faith that Blizz is going to do anything about this. They have been very tone deaf with D2:R.

3 Likes

Im Sure You Will Still Be Here In The Forum Complaining Tho

6 Likes

Complaining about what? There is nothing to complain about in offline mode. Not to mention that i rarely complain on forums anyway.

2 Likes

I was one of the few, if only one, to say Ladder should be delayed in 2.4 Patch thread for various reasons. Link: DH’s Delay Ladder post Some of my reasons were eventually resolved(including the Forgotten Tower bug) but I brought up the current state of the Lobby/Communication system and people called me crazy for suggesting such a thing. Guess I was not the only one lol

2 Likes

I uninstalled a few days ago because I can’t find new baal/chaos games only old ones and other games that sit there for 1-12 hours. I also have had issues with creating games and no one joins game was “frees” on norm.

6 Likes

The hell they are NO ONE that played this game seriously during the original run of D2 is satisfied with the 20 character slot limit. It’s a serious issue on this game that Blizzard better give some attention to or many people won’t be getting Diablo Immortal or D4 when they come out.

10 Likes

Reported for cause :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Really this is all that’s needed at this point and they won’t even do that. They deserve the horrible reputation they have.

6 Likes

BEHOLD! The arbiter of what defines playing a game seriously…
Bro, grow up. I played D2 extensively as a teenager and in my early 20s.

I have never been a serious offline player, I only use it for testing builds with hero editor…
But the fact that they have focused so hard on useless sht and failed to fix the most important UI, COOP required, hard features of the game, is unacceptable…
Its driving me hard offline. Atleast Ill be able to take advantage of Px since the game list is unreliable and always outdated.

2 Likes

50 character slots max. That should be enough for the majority. Anyone else who complains, too bad.

Categorized game listing (MF, Quest, PVP, Trade)

Sort games with high activity first and dead AFK games last. (Monster kill timer? Area change timer? Various other timers?)

Lets go Blizzard.

6 Likes

Can you elaborate? Are you suggesting they use parameters such as time elapsed since last monster kill or area change to decide if a game gets removed from the list? Those are good ideas.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I mean.

3 Likes

I just delete Non ladder characters after the ladder is over so i don’t really care about more character slots. Also I don’t play pub games much when playing on ladder so the ganked up games list doesn’t bother me. So I’ll just keep on keepin on.

That’s great and all, but not everyone wants to delete their non-ladder characters. People have invested a lot of time in them, and it’s understandable that some don’t want to just blast their characters bits into the infinite abyss of nothingness.

24 character slots for every character class in every game mode, classic, LoD, hardcore and softcore. Doubled to 48 if you include Ladder play. If people want to just play LoD Softcore, they can split the 50 between ladder and non-ladder, or stay non-ladder with a whole boatload of mules. 50 is a good round number. Lets do it Blizzard.

4 Likes