I'd like a non-sweaty version of this game

I played the original, I’m old AF, but I just want to have fun, have kind of a normal gear progression that doesn’t rely on having sweaty players tell me how non-sweaty my offerings are, and not have everything good gated behind the difficulty I’m gearing for in the first place.

Like shame me and others who want to be more casual all you want, but I’ve got two high level chars now in hell and neither has seen a high rune drop and probably never will. The loot progression and drop rates is just absurd in this game beyond any other at least when you consider that it is IN FACT 2021 and not 2001 and that other games at least have automated trading solutions.

I would be good with a version that got rid of a lot of the trash uniques and sets and made the others 100x more likely to drop, no MF stat, no immunities etc.

And honestly, I’m just tired of sharing the same servers with mouthbreathers who puff their chests out over gear that requires no life to farm.

4 Likes

If you want a watered down game, go play d3

13 Likes

10/10
Especially this part: “sweaty players tell me how non-sweaty my offerings are”

Minecraft Dungeons sounds like your game bro, the bosses have a 50% chance of dropping a unique item off fights.

6 Likes

Well this isn’t the game for you then. Sorry to say. There are hundreds of other games out there that you would most likely enjoy more.

2 Likes

Honestly the drops are what make this game special because when you finally get a gg item or high rune it’s like a omg moment. Diablo 2 is perfect at loot the way it is the problem we have it’s really hard to freaking trade right now since there are no lobbies.

5 Likes

This is close to a post I was going to write. But I agree, drop rates are abysmal.

I recently started doing trav runs and wondered how often the council drops high runes, so I did a search and found a post by this person who did 10k trav runs. In those 10k runs, they found 10 HRs. For the math-challenged, that’s 1 HR per 1000 runs.

That’s…ridiculous.

I don’t mind putting in the grind effort. But if I have to do 1k runs to find a single HR, the problem doesn’t lie with me.

And for the “this is the game, deal with it” people… I hate to tell you this but there was a time when drops in the game were a lot better (ie, Pindle), but Blizzard nerfed them into oblivion. We just want THAT game back.

In the end, we were wrong. Us original players should never have accepted a game this stingy on drops. We should have spoke up when blizzard started these drop nerfs. Maybe they would have listened.

1 Like

Yeah the whole notion of “giving away rewards too quickly will make players finish your game and move on” is completely wrong.

Players will play your game up until they are frustrated enough to start questioning if they are having fun and spending their time wisely. It’s just a game, when a game allows players to have fun that’s what they do. Imagine Counter Strike where you only MAYBE get an M4 or AK after playing 100 hours. Or a GTA game where you could only steal sports cars after 100 hours…

Whoever instilled this notion into RPG games that we can’t get fast rewards and have fun was completely wrong.

2 Likes

oh you want INSTANT GRATIFICATION

candy crush exists
angry birds exist
RAID shadow legends exists (lol)

7 Likes

Yeah and they make more money and have more players too. Games giving instant gratification, how dare they! Games aren’t supposed to be fun, it’s supposed to be work and my work is supposed to make me feel better than others because I had more time or luck!

oh yea getting everything gifted would be the best so you can enjoy your last 30-50 baalruns til you uninstall because you achieved everything. Like in every other game not everyone is supposed to have the best gear when they dont put the effort into it. Just grind or be happy with what you have now. Drops are completly fine the “good” players achieved good gear in like 3-4 days in and now grinding for god gear. so dont tell me you never can achieve any gear just by playing some hours a day espa

3 Likes

Litle tip from old noob as me: get some MF and start running bosses. I got some nice gear for my sorceress with almost no MF and im pretty happy when something nice for me drop every time. I cant deny im pretty upset when hell andy or meffisto drop lvl15 set items but just go on.

Sounds like someone misses bots…

You uninstall after getting one character maxed out?

And a $40 is supposed to take 5000 hours to beat?

LOL you can play on normal and kill fallen for the rest of your life if you want to play the game forever and never get gear or enjoy the game.

Why are you quitting right after getting the best gear? Is the game that bad that you don’t even use the gear for anything?

Also how has your dumbass pea sized brain created the notion that “everything should be gifted to you” from increasing drop rates?

LOL,

Yeah a game that only had god tier gear in it and that drops every 2 minutes has the shelf life of a loaf of bread.

1 Like

I don’t know if you have one already, but I recommend playing a necromancer.

• Low gear dependency, depending on your build you can do very well in Hell with basic gear

• Not so much affected by immunities

• Strong crowd control skills, minions to keep enemies busy, powerful curses, corpse explosion

Necromancers are somewhat lacking in mobility and dps but if you want to solo the game while having fun, it’s probably the best class.

100% agree.

In terms of gear dependence, the least of any class in the game by far. Most important piece would be “white” for pnb and/or nova If you didn’t have or want to run deaths web. Also is the easiest, extremely powerful, runeword to make next to leaf. Leoric’s for summoner obviously.

As far as DPS/clear speed a summoner Necro is a nightmare in anything but cows and even then… just meh. But overall for a “easier” and less gear required run through, go with the Summoner.

Just be prepared to lose your mind if you don’t have enigma, when all your minions block eachother in doorways/narrow corridors. I would suggest another secondary weapon with teleport, but again, be prepared to lose your mind when you have to rebind the ability everytime you join a game.

1 Like

play offline on pc then download a trainer and goto town. You are obviously not that old because people like you that do not realize that the rarity of the items add to their value came along toward the end of d2s primetime. Most players that started D2 at the beginning came from games that were MUCH sweatier.
And on console most players i see bragging about their stuff bought it. If you actually playing ssf or with just a bit of between friends trading and have good stuff you damn sure havent had time to brag to noobs.
Btw you would not see many people with all that gear if blizzard would not of implemented cross save. And the gear you do have would be worth ALOT more.

The beauty of this game is that you dont need top bis gear to win the game.
And then again, the fun part of this game is chasing the bis gear.

So before you asked for what you wish, ask yourself what you really want from playing this game?

What we say - “We shouldn’t have to do hundreds or thousands of runs to get elite items. We feel an entire portion of the game is locked behind a time wall. There are items and runewords we will never get because a few dozen runs in the ‘right area’ won’t suffice.”

What certain people hear - “I WANT FREE STUFF!!! I WANT AN INVENTORY FULL OF EXCEPTIONAL ITEMS UPON CHARACTER CREATION!!! I WANT SHAKOS DROPPING IN ACT 1 NORMAL!!!”

seriously, if you can’t see the difference, you might be the reason things never get better.

1 Like