How to nerf Blessed Hammers properly

Step 1) blessed aim and Vigor is no longer synergy

Step 2: sanctuary, holy bolt and Foh are now the new synergies working at 8% per hard point

from 560% from 40pts investment to 480% from 60pts investment

step 3: Concentration is no longer an exclusive bonus to Blessed hammers, it now applies to all spells but reduced at 1/5th of its value rather than current 50%

step 4: Sanctuary now has -% magic resistance debuff effect on enemies

So this basically nerf blessed hammers in multiple ways but not super hard value wise, it mostly make it harder to build optimally and puts choices on the table

• the skill now costs more hard points to synergize

• it gets a lesser damage buff from concentration (30% nerf)

• but it also has a new alternative aura through Sanctuary

Overall, your optimal blessed hammer build would go from 38kdps to 20kdps+ sanctuary reducing magic resist

but with much much less flexibility that hdin has right now

your hammers are done investing after 80pts instead of 60, if you want both conc and santuary you need a dedicated merc for this, losing insight

This change also knwoeldges the fact that nerfing hammers directly wont make other builds better in exchange, it just reduces the bar, this is why this nerf is made in a way to also benefit other classes by also buffing the Opportunity value of concentration and sanctuary aura in the eye of other classes

for example:

Bone necro using a Azurewrath merc to lower magic resists

A singer having the option between Insight, Reaper toll and now Pride

a Fire druid now having the option between infinity, insight and now Pride to buff his spell damage

Note: all values are for demonstration purpose, further balance may occure upon testing

1 Like

Here the answer : don’t nerf hammerdin or his dmg. Adjust monster tankiness to hammerdin dmg if want but don’t touch the character - disaster incoming.

8 Likes

spoken like a true ignorant lol

people want so much to defend the indefendable broken OPness advantage they have that they are willing to completely ruin other builds for the sake of their toy

buffing resistances to magic damage to nerf Hdin would freaking kill bone necro, berserk, magic arrow and all other magic damage skills

8 Likes

Just remove the synergies and conc buff to it. Unbuffed hammers still do about 5k dmg

1 Like

mmm nope

more like 500 damage

i hate blessed hammer but it being OP doesnt mean that nerfing it should be killing it

i think that what i proposed is a decent multilayered option to no over nerf it

2 Likes

nerfing hammerdin to the bone spear nec will not bring more builds.players just turned to other AOE OP .this bring shift they want to see,but not more builds,just the opposite.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t kill because of the lack of magic immune it still could kill anything just slower

more ad hominen from you, weird

2 Likes

Another good example of somebody not knowing what ad hominem means lol

1 Like

its sad you think you are right when you have been wrong so many times. you think you know what it means but you do not. as i explained in the other thread, the presence of an argument with a personal attack does not negate the ad hominem (which is why you probably didnt respond - whenever you cant find a counter and get proven wrong you seem to ignore the post. so telling…)

1 Like

Bone neccro is already slower lol

That’s what I mean by killing non-Hdin magic skill

The nerf you apply on everything to kill the broken op skill will also be a massive nerf to skills that are barely decent and absolutely don’t deserve a nerf

Also immunity is a stupidly designed mechanic, there should be even less to none, not more and even less balance the game around this mechanic

2 Likes

Make Hammer physical damage and based on attack rating.

It was originally half physical damage in fact lol

To be honest I wouldn’t even mind

Maybe Hdin cultists would then realize how crappy melee has it lol

I liked the new buff to magic arrow of the Bowama. If they implement many magic immunes in hell, I will laugh…!

They would have secretely nerfed builds like bowama, bone-necro, zerker barb.

1 Like

So rude, toxic alert :warning:

You should think out of your little box sir. I don’t defend hammerdin but i hate the “nerfing” logic. You don’t nerf something that work, you buff things that doesnt.

Explain me how your player experience will be better by nerfing a character that works and that people enjoy ? You have more fun knowing hammerdin is bad? I don’t get the logic sorry.

Instead of begging for a hammerdin nerf (which isnt even the best character in PvM), you should buff other characters. or adjust monsters to interact in other way to hammerdin damages (i never talked about magical immunity to not affect necs, zon etc.)

Also there is a world outside “PvM”, called PvP, that is already struggling with all those stupid changes in the last patchs.

If you change mecanics or dmg of hammerdins skills you will end with an other useless character in PvP - what for ? To please people like you that judge him broken in PvM and ask for a nerf ?

Hammerdin will end like assasin (because of last patchs) on the battlefield = useless.

And that to please some people that judge terror runs to easy for hammerdin - like seriously?

You guys will end playing your game alone. Think twice.

Hammerdins are so stronk pvm. Needs to be nerfed. The game gets too easy. I have a 16k hammer and I too feel like it’s too op. Doesn’t motivate me from player other heroes actually.

Nerf Hammerdin please

2 Likes

How to nerf hammers:

• make them pierce magic resistance
  • synergise them with spells that clear demons/undead faster than hammers
  • buff those spells

Okay…

I don’t know. I think just making hammers fire dmg will do the trick. Turn them to magic damage with an item for the merc slot that is as hard to put together as ininity. Then maybe we’re on par with where hammers should be.

Something interesting is that hammers used to deal physical damage in pre-LoD versions of D2, which is why its damage was increased by Might/Concentration and even Amp Damage. :laughing:

So the new synergies for BH are HB/FoH/Sanctuary. Isn’t that basically making a FoHdin but with Blessed Hammer to deal with it’s Animal/Beast limitations while FoH/HB deals with ALL Magic Immune Undead/Demon opponents(leaving the Act 3 Wendigo’s as the only monsters completely immune to Magic Damage)?

You then change Concentration to buff all Spells(that includes Elemental + Poison) but at 20% of their listed value(Paladins will still roll with that to maximize Damage) and then go with Act 2 Merc with Insight because the perk of Sanctuary is moot(FoH/HB ignores Magic Immunity on Undead/Demon to begin with).

Net result: Level 41 Blessed Hammer: 480 - 484. Multiplied by 5.8 = 2784 -2807 x (630/5 = 126% = 2.26) = 6291 - 6344. That’s roughly half of what it does now but Hammerdins can crush wave 2 of Baal thanks to FoH/HB being maxed. So it’s basically a Magic Paladin that interchanges between Blessed Hammer, FoH and Holy Bolt.

May deal less damage on Blessed Hammer but the Paladin still ROFLSTOMPS the game without consequence. Tell me again how that’s game balance? I mean in 2.4 they removed Blessed Hammer synergy to Holy Bolt. This change effectively brings this back but in “reverse”.