How to improve diablo 2 - I need your feedback

I do have a respec token and I am adventurous, but even with those listed points, I haven’t heard good things. :confused:

Rebalancing heavy armors - they require a massive amount of strength which isn’t worth the extra small amount of defence and speed penalty - that extra strength could have been spent on vit instead of wasted on strength; these armors need something more

Same with 2 handed weapons, they get the slow speed and roll the mods of 1 handed weapons, losing the stats and option to block from a shield. Their DPS and having the mods of a 1hander doesn’t make up for losing the shield slot. The same applies to 2 handed staves compared to orb + shield which gets the block

Fix the bug where items vanish once the save file reaches the 8MB limit. Fix the bug where iron golems vanish

1 Like

My suggestion I gave some time ago and I still stand by what I said. I would like a slight decrease in Magic Find diminishing returns to make sense to increase MF on the character.

You see, Blizzard itself is starting with ‘MF events’ giving a temporary +%MF buff to players. I would like this increase to be based on the gameplay itself. The player himself wanted to have this boost based on MF items, not Blizzard giving this bonus “for free”.

1 Like

If you want to buff drops increasing the effective MF won’t give you any noticable change. The rarety of the top 10 rarest uniques comes from their base item drop chance, not by MF chance. Doesn’t matter if you find an tyraels after 160k or 140k runs, but you will find a ton more isenharts meanwhile…

To buff drops efficient, the chance of falling down to the next lower TC needs to get decreased for the highest few TC’s.

Despite being the Act 5 boss, he is very susceptible to being confused :laughing:

Original topic: I would like “normal” items to not drop in nightmare or hell difficulties, “exceptional” items to not drop in hell difficulty, and thus only “elite” items to drop in hell difficulty. Some similar stratification with the rune drops would also be nice (I found a vex in a nightmare Baal run and that felt silly after having found so many lower runes throughout hell difficulty…)

Seriously: I would rather have nothing drop than a blue “exceptional” or “normal” item drop from hell difficulty mobs.

It is very frustrating to load up on MF, take three times as long to kill an act boss in Hell, only to find some more Sigon’s set items. :rage:

1 Like

Been ranting about this since this forum is available, why does the endboss on highest difficulty drops same items as the first easiest fallen on easy. Lootfilter would make this endurable, but would still not fix the main problem.

Well you confused him so… :slight_smile:

You have to understand that its balance of drop in d2. If you let baal to drop only highest TCs, it will mess with chances to find elite uniques and they will drop a lot more frequently.

Also he doesnt drop same as fallen in blood moor, his chance for higher TC items is higher. And chance that baal drops lowest TCs is very low.

Zax - I’ve thought a lot about this too and have come up with some fundamentally simple, yet effective ways to improve D2.

Problem 1: Early Ladder Meta is stale due to poor class diversity.
Solution: Add +100-+200% MF on Nat’s Set, Aldur’s Set, Marvinas Set to really aid lesser played classes with possible MF gear on the cheap - while not “buffing” the late game power.

Problem 2: Martial builds are far weaker early/mid game than caster builds.
Problem 3: MOST Unique items have little/no value.

Solution to 2/3: ADD open sockets to UNUSED unique items. Dev’s go through and see which uniques barely see any use - determine how many possible sockets they can spawn with by how much of a buff is needed (shako, dweb, occulus, vipermagi, arreats, jalals = excluded, for example). Exception Uniques spawn with 0-2 OS, Elite Uniques 0-3 os. MANY, and I mean MANY of the unique weapons with 3os can suddenly become VIABLE.

Solution to 3 (part 2). Permanently buff a couple of the REALLY special uniques in the game. Gladiators bane = +10-15% damage reduction (with 3os), Tyreal’s might, +1 teleport (just like enigma), and Corpsemourn = 5% chance on melee striking to cast level 3 corpse explosion.

Adding sockets allows builds (mostly martial ones) will enable lots of added MF, IAS, and Damage via jewels/cheap runes and enable LOTS of the rarer uniques to become viable. These probably won’t “outshine” many of the runewords, unless you dump a LOT of 40/15s into your character - at which point it cost so much anyways its fair.

First issue; proper game mode selection screen either bnet or offline with an authentication button on character list to re up your 30 days when playing offline.
Use the separation tab for expansion and classic character list, with 30 max characters per mode.
Filters for character list display.
Shared stash for Classic
Shared stack tab for lod.

Optional charm inventory. The new patch fixes for the cube, both on controller and keyboard are great, but really just highlight a core issue that players have gotten around by using cube. Keep the current system intact, but have the option to use a charm inventory at the cost of charms locked in place while in field. Maybe even lock equipped items on character while in the field.

I think the biggest two balance changes I want to see are guided arrow piercing again, but only for monsters and Double Swing getting damage scaling on the skill itself

Merc wise, barb warcries and curses need to stack to improve the barb Merc as well as some general balance. Act 3 mercs need mastery and blocking.

Melee weapons base dmg increased by about 20% and improvement to durability loss formula with some general increased durability to certain weapon classes like spears.

Personal loot; While controversial, with the improvement to lobbies, needs more reason to even enter the lobby besides leveling runs and trading. I barely enter the lobby outside of those reasons except to make a private game while doing ubers. Just simply add a players 1 instanced loot option with annis and torches bound to account.

New endgame options. Nothing crazy like greater rifts, but maybe something like a randomized set of Uber bosses with an immunity. Maybe tie soh into it.

Those are pretty much the big areas, anything else is just nitpicky.

Set player x on non ladder
And
Stackable runes and gems

Would improve my d2r experience

1 Like

Yes please!

Sry but i wouldn’t call “some random items beeing 10 - 100 times more rare then others” balanced.

Decreasing chance of normal and exceptional would be enough.

Good. They are inferior to RW’s anyway. Noone goes “holy sh!t i’m gonna start bowie right now” anymore when an WF drops.

He does drop everything fallen drops. + More obviously with decreasing chances for better items.

Well, before messing with Treasure Classes for act bosses we could start with giving them quest drop table permanently, and for Duriel remove that damn bias towards teleport scrolls, and see how the situation improved. If that won’t be enough then we’ll ponder about ex. removing normal item bases from possible drops in Hell.

There are no TC’s for act Bosses, just TC’s, and this affects every monster. Just decrease the chance for falling down to the next lower TC, which is stupid high for the last few TCs.

Thanks for the shout out regarding Necromancers!

I think an everyone in-town game reset function would be awesome: resets the monsters, clears/rerolls the maps, pretty much just like creating a new game… Or perhaps “area regeneration”… Something to avoid having to recreate the game after running area(s). I’m sure the servers wouldn’t mind this addition. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Maybe this suggestion is not what you are looking for but I think there have to be a solution for the economy in the ladder. The value of items are decaying so fast as the ladder progress. People stops playing when there is no demand for the items they find anymore. When the character have everything it needs the only reason to continue MF/play (other than PVP) is getting a perfect version of the items. There have to be some kind of mechanism that removes items from the game and limits the supply.
An example : 2 Shakos + any high rune (Ist+) in the cube = 50% chance to roll perfect stats. (one shako will be destroyed in the process). Either perfect stats or some other bonus. Maybe Shako is not the best item for this example since the stats are fixed other than def. I know the cube is not big enough for all items but you get the idea…

1 Like

More characters or storage in multiplayer.

3 Likes

-option to show ilvl.
-maybe small improvements for bad crafting receipes sothat they could fit in a niche or so.
-a3 mercs need a dmg buff (either through a lvl 1 mastery or higher spell level) and maybe a block chance (even without animation) for better survivability. also slightly higher str stat progression (+10%-15%) sothat he can use eth spirit shield earlier than lvl 94.
-a5 could need a insight knockoff sword (without fcr, maybe 2h and worse dmg than other alternatives (bloodletter, black, honor, etc) sothat you wont see sorcs and barb players using it early game, dont want to create another spirit fiasco where all alternatives get killed) to be a good alternative to a2 during normal/nightmare/early hell
-bladesin’s blade fury stops attacking after a monster is killed, making horrible to kill mobs due to the wind up time adding up for each monster.

1 Like

Cubing 2 uniques of the same type into one with rerolled increased stats sounds promising. But the cube size would need to get increased to 4x4.