How long will Ladder 2.4 last?

@JnX For my understanding, it is what you say that the new rune words will be in ladder 2.4 only during the ladder season. However, at the end of the ladder session, ladder becomes normal and those rune words can be used in non-ladder play (if my understanding is correct).

Correct we are currently using “ladder only” items all over the place in non-ladder… Blizzard employee’s must delay the ladder to keep their jobs. Microsoft has a WELL documented history of terminated employees from companies they absorb… it might be the only way Blizzard employee’s get a shot at having a job for a few more months.
If they are smart the ladder would never see the light of day… they could just patch it while building diablo 5.

Yes that’s correct. You can use them after the ladder has concluded in non-ladder mode, however ONLY if you have crafted them during ladder. They will not be craftable in non ladder. Only the runewords you created during ladder will be transferred along your characters to non-ladder moder after about four months, which the devs stated is their plan on a regular ladder-duration.

The game version that is currently live has NO ladder-only runewords. Only the new seven runewords will be ladder-exclusive.

So I re-establish my point… you have NO evidence that blizzard will create a ladder WITH this patch… you are talking out of your rear and you should apologize to everyone here as they are all dumber for having read your post.
There is only these facts that exsist.
1.) in the history of D2R there have never been ladder only runewords that only worked for ladder players.
2.) There has never been a ladder in D2R
3.) You have yet to provide anything more than an assumption that holds the same amount of validity as a carnival fortune teller guessing based on no empirical evidence.

“As we get closer to the launch of Patch 2.4, we plan to reveal more details surrounding Ladder Rank Play. So, for now, please stay tuned!”

I know thats not 100% proof, but can you accept it?

My ex asked me the exact same question, I kept telling her she is lucky to have a ladder and not a stool!

and now for all seriousness who would actually date me, alright now for real, they mentioned 4 months but it was not set in stone, neither the date of said ladder was mentioned so we will have to see, but the best clue we have is 4 months so far

1 Like

Say you have 20 characters non-ladder…
Say you make 20 characters during ladder…
At end of ladder - ladder characters get moved to non-ladder status…
Do you now have 40 characters?
Hmm.

1 Like

this guy right here :laughing: :rofl: :zzz: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

nowhere in anything released does it say that. these are just new runewords. they’ve said nothing about them being ladder specific.

this is not the ladder patch. they’ll be starting the ladder later on, 2.4 is merely the content update and class/item changes patch. once all the new stuff is settled in, ladder comes after all that. what’s been shown so far is for the entire game, not “ladder only”.

1 Like

Skip to 5:00 “what will happen to those EXCLUSIVE RUNEWORDS”

So tell me again how these runewords will not be ladder specific?

1 Like

“What the hell are you smoking? Ladder will come with 2.4, that’s a fact.” - Jnx-2885

The runewords might be but, NOTHING says 2.4 will include the ladder or the runewords he doesn’t even touch on 2.4 having either in it in that conversation. This is a non-smoking room please stop blowing it out your rear.

Ok, I’ll prove it again.

It’s our goal to empower players with the means to acquire and test these new items on the PTR. Your impressions and feedback will assist us in optimizing these updates ahead of the live release and first season of Ladder Rank Play.

1 Like

leave him alone
we know ladder will be at the same time

that guy smoking that good stuff for sure

@Jnx Oh. I thought the new rune words will be allowed to be used in creating items after ladder season ends.

No they always will be ladder specific. Sorry to disappoint you.

Yeah please don’t feed the troll.

I love reading all the speculations here. Ladder will come after PTR Test, within the week “I’m guessing”

New Season: It’s a fresh start for many people who are bored with the game.

will the skill changes effect ladder, and non ladder? ie the new skills for hyda sorc. I know the runewords will be ladder, but will the skill changes be across the board?