Has anyone's suggestion made it into a patch

Not sure whos suggestion it WAS TO REMOVE FHR and STUN mechanics from PVP, but we definately need to find out who wanted it so badly and why it was forced down our throats without any kind of feedback on the official forums. That one move right there instantly turned this into a diablo 3 clone with extremely low drop rates. Now they are trying to hybridize the game and turn it into a 8 player mf mmo. I havent seen any of these suggestions in the forums, but they sure did do it…

No one asked for it. That garbage was forced into the game without discussion.

Man, should allow insight to be made in spears as well, double your chance to find that 4os weapon for act 2 merc after you use up larzuk quest on crystal sword from cow level.

Yes
But not because I suggested it.
That’s not how it works.

A suggestion I made just so happened to be a change they made.

I’m not narcissistic enough to think they made the change because of what I said.

That’s just silly

I also wasn’t the only one saying it either.

1 Like

all polearm runewords should be spear viable, mainly because Spear are a Polearm themselves. Literally makes no sense to exclude them.

There have been a ton of changes suggested by people… but I cannot say what was or was not mentioned by a streamer… because I do not watch streamers :laughing: Why watch someone else play a video game… when I could be doing it myself?

1 Like

That restriction doesnt even exist in LOD, they got rid of it years and years ago.Thats probably why they suggested it for D2R

Umm, no, the restriction still exists in 1.14D in the original game.

Maybe you’re recalling a mod that removed the restriction or something.

1 Like

do you mean non expansion? I still play LOD and make cow games and kill the cow king everytime lol.I mean even some bots still run cow games.Enchant games to be more exact, they open cows and enchant players for the cows.stay idle for like 5 minutes and make a new game.everyone kills the cow king when they make the cows.I know I do lol but they are able to keep making them and its the same bot I would follow to each new game they would advertise they were about to make.If you dont believe I play LOD hop onto USWest

Ah, you’re adding special circumstances to your claim…

If YOU go create a cow game and kill the Cow King, YOU will then not be able to create another portal. (In the original game)

That was changed in D2:R. You can create a portal, kill the king, and still be able to create the portal.

2 Likes

Maybe your not reading what I said correctly lol

It was changed in LOD cause I kill my own cow king and bot created cow king all the time and they including me are still able to make the portal.I play LOD,I dont know what else to say about this except you can make the portal if you have killed the COW king in LOD.YOU=I still can create the cow game if i have created a cow game, portal and killed the cow King. I dont know how else to be more clear about this cause I play LOD as much as I play D2R and do this all the time with creating the portal and killing my cow king or the bots cow king which they make a new game a few minutes later and remake the portal.The bots actually just stands there in town for like 5 minutes and enchants anyone who comes in the game after they made the portal.Its actually called a Cowchant game followed by high numbers cause they sit there and make them all day

Are you talking current LOD or pre D2R LOD?

Im talking current LOD but as far as when the change was in was also pre D2R cause it was a big deal when they changed it in LOD

Not to brag, but FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS!

If A5 mercs could dual wield, what swords would you use and would you use them over A2? - General Discussion - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com)

AND THIS!

What build are you most looking forward to in Diablo 2.4? - General Discussion - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com) (look for my second post)

Now tell me i havent given you the best changes to mercs since time began. The second one was posted AFTER the reveal of a frenzy synergy, but the first came from the community (me).

And finally: My thoughts on A3 static - i BELIEVE this was before it was announced.

A little clarification on A3 mercs - General Discussion - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com)

Keep makinh those cultured arguments, debate and debate until red in the face. Change comes from within the community.

Edit: Havinf actually read them now, it seems like only dual wield merc post was before announcement. I defintely spoke about a3 getting static and increased stamina synergy effecting frenzy length before announcement though, just cant find them.

1 Like

Lots have been adopted from my viewpoint. Usually its the threads with a lot of replies and engagement, where the viewpoint is fairly unified. Whirlwind was one (though they arguably botched the execution).

The other thing I see a lot is Dbrunski and MrLlama will pick up something from the forums or their comments section and then advocate. The community has influence, its just slow to implement so many needed changes.

i think 1 of my suggestion was taken…i dunno if someone posted it elsewhere outside forum but i did request for Venom and Blade Shield Duration to be increased for the Assassin…1 of the thing they have done

few other were also taken but its been too long that i can’t remember all of my suggestion from then XD…just not all of my suggestion were…maybe it was too loaded for 2.4 and chose to hold off some for 2.5

1 Like

casually points to druids… flexes. Yes community can affect this game. Whole reason there are actually more than 2 kinds of druids now.

1 Like

Hah hah! That is the way Path of Exile started working shortly after the Open Beta era ended. I remember during Open Beta seeing giant threads with people arguing about instanced loot with several posts every few pages from the developers themselves (like… even the head one: Chris). They inserted themselves into a lot of different suggestion threads (and technical complaint ones like desync problems).

The only way info gets from the forums to the GGG developers now is through streamers :laughing:. The only developer that still bother to post in their own forums is Mark (answering technical questions to how things are currently calculated). I think they may use Reddit now (through a “community manager”?), but I wouldn’t know from first-hand experience. I loaded up Reddit once… 10 or 15 years ago… and the layout/color scheme/“organization” made me never try again.

Do the Vicarious Vision guys interact with people on Reddit? For visibility purposes (read: advertising) developers are now tending to use social media / mulipurpose platforms like Reddit for their “communications” and avoiding their own sites like the plague. I noticed people quoting (twitter? :thinking:) when D2R devs were posting updates… somewhere not here… :roll_eyes:

Well with the terror zone I can now confirm you that there is at least somebody from the forums that have had its suggestion made it into the game

Hahahaha :laughing: You need to get over yourself. OK, “every hour” matches up. A mere coincidence, nothing more. With the massive number of garbage ideas you’ve plastered on the forums, I’m sure at least a word or even a phrase might match up.

Now, back to reality! Time to come down off your high horse. Be careful, or you won’t find a hat on this Earth that will fit your growing head.

:smirk:

3 Likes

The big question, is will he play? Or will he pass and start re-flooding us with his brilliance again?

2 Likes