Griefing Low Level Characters

Something I see a great deal of lately is a high level character going into a game of 4 - 6 moderately leveled players (usually 30-40 levels lower difference going “hostile” with them and then killing them for pure spite and gold?) so I would like to suggest a possible feature that might put a end to this, not that Blizzard cares at the moment with all their current server issues, however, if something small could be implemented like, once the player toggles “hostile” that the player being hostiled by the high level character has a 5 -10 second window to toggle it off before any damages can occur, if it is toggled off, then a 30 second window before it can be re-toggled on by the offending player, as in no means no lol, OR the one that doesn’t want to PvP or PK be able to put the offending player on ignore (if ignore would permanently block the offending player from going hostile with your character) until which time you remove them from your block list, another idea would make a checkbox at the game creation screen that prevents any PvP or PK even being allowed in game. Not everyone likes or enjoys PvP or PK games, hence no one should be forced to have to participate. If ignore could work in this way, it would definitely drive out the douches from the PvE crowd and force them to play in games that this is allowed.

12 Likes

having being grief-ed by a high level before for no reason (I think he/she wants gold/potions) and i stopped playing public games, id like this very much.

2 Likes

Why wasn’t a level restriction set for the game?

22 Likes

it’s not about level restrictions, it’s about douchebags being douchebags.

10 Likes

I’m Sorry I pk’ed you. Thanks for the gold though! :money_mouth_face:

14 Likes

it’s not about level restrictions, it’s about douchebags being douchebags.

PKing is part of the D2 multiplayer experience. There are already ways to prevent it from happening. Use them.

15 Likes

If people do that they are pretty lame and probably cant handle a duel with someone of the same level or gear.

Put your gold in your shared stash and you loose nothing.

Tp to town and wait they will leave.

Put a level restriction on your game and they cant join.

Good luck :slight_smile:

12 Likes

You mentioned high level characters griefing low level ones. The solution for that has been there for ages and it’s called the level restriction.

If you’re referring to PKers, then I’m afraid that’s part of the game. I can maybe see an argument for doing something about it in HC, but I think folks who know what they’re doing in HC already know all the common PK tactics and how to avoid them. If it’s SC, eh stay and fight or make a new game and move on. Rogue characters (PKers) are part of the game and the stakes in SC are non-existent anyway.

7 Likes

There is one. It called “level restriction”. And it is designed specifically for such cases about high level difference.

By the way, experienced PKs can kill not only low-level players, but even 20 level higher players (e.g. 40 lvl PKer can kill 60 lvl char).

And thanks Blizz, D2R is not just another one sterilized casual mobile-like game as a D3 or any D3-clone.

6 Likes

I dont really like PK’ing in most games, and I am not the most avid pvp’r but please do not change this blizz.
I like the chance of people going hostile and trying to get my gold and ear :slight_smile:

And if you dont wish to die then simply TP.

1 Like

Hashtag single player mode

People are bypassing it somehow. Makes it much less effective as a deterrent.

1 Like

I don’t see an issue with dueling, pkers, griefers, or any hostile situation on this game. It’s how it was designed. A pker/griefer has to find you first before they can kill you.

My suggestions for you would be;

• Turn auto-party off and start to manually party in games
• Portal to town and wait
• Turn on level restrictions
• Store gold in your shared stash so you don’t lose more than what’s on your person if they do find you
• Save and exit and make a new game
• Password protect your games with your friends
• Play solo
• Sack up and give them a run for their money!

3 Likes

PKing is part of the game and always has been. If someone hostiles you, either go to town or prepare to fight them when they get to you.

It’s not like you can’t see them coming.

Use level restriction on your game, that’s why it’s there.

1 Like

There already is something in place for this. When some one hostiles you, they have roughly 5-10 seconds before they can use a WP. You have enough time to tele and go back to town before you get killed. Easy enough. Keep it the way it was back then. Stop trying to change the game. If you don’t like it, make a game with level restrictions as well. BOOM easy solution! Now stop crying.

2 Likes

You’re allowed to RP as a douchebag. Just because modern day “rpgs” are watered down for snowflakes doesn’t mean this should apply retroactively. Use level restrictions, or get on a higher level alt and fight them.

4 Likes

I don’t agree – avoiding PK’s is part of the game & part of the fun.

But, they need to put back that scary-arsed sound when someone hostiles you, that way you get some warning:)

1 Like

And the douchebags are prevalent in this post.

4 Likes

all they really need is a way to disable the hostile function like a no hostile checkbox or something like that. I never liked the PK function in D2 from day 1 and can’t stand griefers thinking they’re cool by killing players much lower than they are.

3 Likes

Level restrictions would prevent such players from joining and any that still are able to have less of a chance of being able to kill you if they’re in your level range.

1 Like