Good News Guys!

I finally beat the game.

Beaten Normal all on Solo. Beaten Nightmare all on Solo.
And today, I killed Baal Hell all on Solo.

GG.
I am done. What a game!!! Awesome game. I had a blast.

36 Likes

Nice! Now do it on hardcore.

9 Likes

Congrats fren. Well played. What build do you use?

if you think “beating the game” is just about killing baal in hell especially on softcore then you are gravely mistaken.

8 Likes

It very much is – especially single player. So many people dont actually do it themselves. It is way too easy to get rushed or carried online. I basically stopped playing all of my plugy characters once I killed Baal… maybe I’d mf a bit after but whats the point???

4 Likes

the point of d2 is getting end game gear & hunting for the greatest yellows/rares & pvp… if you don’t care for that then you’re getting a pretty shallow playthrough of d2 and d3 + poe sounds better for you

4 Likes

I disagree. I think the shallow playthrough is the people who get rushed and don’t actually have to read maps or problem solve immunities or persevere through challenges.

6 Likes

Grats

Now make another and do it again!

not sure how you think that way… many of these people who get rushed/leech in chaos/baals have already done the whole charade of playing through the game legitimately hundreds of times. it may not be for you, but again the real end game of d2 is item finding & PvP.

The main objective of your first character is a solid character that doesn’t die. Using this character you then look for items to either improve said character and/or find items to build new characters with. The objective of the new characters you make is to create characters that don’t die so that you can find items to improve your current character/and or find items to build more characters with.

Many of those people say in town when the skilled player completed the quest.

huh…what are you talking about…they are getting rushed and leaching to get to a high level as quickly as possible so that they can go out for high level dueling or start magic finding. we get it, PvP and farming isn’t for you.

Farming is ok online especially to gear your next character but running a character from 0 to hell Baal with no milling is one of the most satisfying and challenging parts of the game.

It frustrates me that people don’t see that and they don’t appreciate the satisfaction the OP feels at having killed Baal.

3 Likes

This is how I play all my characters all the time, ever since LOD. I know how you feel but the majority of players don’t play that way once they have one character geared and levelled.

we all do that at the start of a season dude… it ain’t special. for people coming from classic d2, they have all done that dozens and dozens of times.

1 Like

I don’t believe it. As I said all three chars I made carried some useless turds through as they sat in town. These people might say “I beat the game” but they probably actually didn’t. If you never played single player or plugy you wouldn’t understand.

you don’t believe it? so back in classic d2 when a season started, who exactly was rushing who dude…? when d2r was released, the first couple weeks who was rushing who? when the first season starts in d2r, who will be rushing who? yes there are some players that will wait until some of their friends or whoever will rush them, but clearly there are thousands of players playing from 1 and get to hell ball on their own or with their group.

getting to kill baal on your own, especially in softcore is not special… find me a rare 2 socket ethereal berserker’s axe with 300% enhanced damage, fools mod, 40% increased attack speed & self repairing mod. then i’ll give you a standing clap

1 Like

The good players who have had practice playing single player rush the weak players. It takes SKILL to actually complete the game without some else doing it for you.

You obviously don’t understand. The way of playing you are advocating for is more like “chasing the dragon” vs what the OP has completed which is overcoming obstacles, persevering, problem solving, and ultimately conquering the game by reaching a tangible goal. All that’s left is to do it again with a new character or chase the dragon.

huh this is impossible lmao…i’m telling you clearly there are thousands of players at the beginning of every season that are doing it legitimately. if you want to get on the ladder you ain’t waiting to get rushed LOL. but go ahead and cry about something inconsequential.

2 Likes

You are the one undermining the ops achievement. I suspect you are a decent player but you are crazy if you think most people have beat this game by themselves or that it isn’t hard.