Good News Guys!

because it isn’t a big achievement. have you played in any season of classic d2 to try and get on the ladder? i’m guessing no.

No I have not. I have beat the game single player with every class though. Now that I see how the economy works I think I would do great in ladder though I still don’t understand how your character gets “measured”.

Gratz!

This is only step 1 of “beating” Diablo II though. Now you must:

• Get your build’s BiS gear.
  • Get your character to level 99.
  • Kill the Tristram Ubers.
  • Kill the Diablo Clone.
  • Do the same on all six other classes.
  • (Optional) Do any or all of the above on Hardcore.

Playing SSF as well and this is basically my D2R game plan for the next couple years (I’m in no rush), same as old D2 back in highschool :slight_smile:

1 Like

If there was a speedrun ladder that would make more sense.

but the ladder IS a speed run ladder…it is who can get to level 99 the quickest yo… i never made a comment about how characters are measured. I am saying end game is about Player vs Player and finding the best yellows/rares. If all you care about is beating hell baal on your own, why don’t you do it on hardcore… i’ll give you that, beating baal legitimately on your own playing on hardcore is an actual achievement.

2 Likes

most players like my self have ran on regular classic d2 10’s of thousands of times played 100’s of characters thru the years. know the maps inside and out. all of us are older all of us are limited on time now days. we dont wanna spend 10 hours running norm to get to thirty… let alone trying to join a game when the game and its broken servers and broken game joins. just because the way you run the game and how they run the game is differently doesnt mean they dont like or enjoy the play thru. some prefer the end game mfing for the most godly stuff or dueling more so then the act1-act5 grind to each their own imo. play a ladder and try to keep in the top 100 to 99 and you might understand it a bit better how some others prefer chaos/baal runs to mfing and the normal grind. Anyway congrats on completing the game!!

1 Like

Don’t forget the Ubers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh that sounds ok. So first to 99 is rank 1 and that can’t be taken away? And then below 99 it’s based on xp?

Also, why would you want a rare berserker axe over a 5os for grief?

thats not everything there is to do lol

the entire ladder is based on exp…before anyone gets to 99, rank 1 is the highest leveled player and yes first one to get to 99 gets first slot forever until season ends.

there are many reasons why a rare berserker with the stats that i mentioned is better than grief, but the main one is if you are into barb vs barb or zeal vs zeal dueling, many organized tournaments do not allow grief.

Apparently people are sorry you enjoyed the game and would like you to enjoy it their way.

3 Likes

you just finished the tutorial dont throw the towel just yet :wink:

1 Like

The beauty of D2 is that you are done when you feel you are done. Killing Baal on Hell difficulty is hard enough. Especially for folks who don’t know the game. Just congratulate him and move on.

2 Likes

Perhaps the journey really is more important than the destination.

I know, deep thoughts.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure beating Diablo II is in the eye of the beholder…Not just hardcore players.

1 Like

Congratulations.
I can tell you feel great about finally beating hell Baal on your own. And you should.

If you want more to do there is cows, ubers or just trying out other characters.

2 Likes

It’s okay guys.

Beating Diablo 2 Hell all on Solo is just my personal goal.

I played this game 20 years ago but I had a fake copy becoz you cant find original copies of the game from where I came from. I had no manuals, no internet site where I could access info about it. I really don’t even remember if I even beat the game.

I am glad Blizz made a remaster. It gave me an opportunity to replay it again this time with help from the internet especially these Forums.

But before I played D2R, I played D3 (here in America) when it started some years ago when RMAH was there. I didn’t excel on it becoz I don’t play 24/7 for it. To me as Casual, the RNG was too bad. But once they got rid of RMAH and improved the loot RNG, I started to complete my Class Set gear. And I started to improve my game, and to improve my finger reflexes that I even level up there on Torment 10 and reached Torment 15 even before I reached max level.

Now D2R came, with my D3 experience, I want to be challenged. Becoz I am just Casual, not a 24/7 player and I started to play this late, I know I would be left behind. I know Multiplayer and I know the thing called “Carry” becoz I was carrying people on D3. And I don’t want to be carried. So I planned to do D2R all on solo without any help.

Along my journey in D2R, I had some struggles. I didn’t know anything about Runes. I remember I came to the forums for help becoz I cant beat Duriel (Normal). ROFL. I know I would beat her in time but I just went to the forums to see if something I could do. And the forums told me to use basic Runewords. So I searched the internet and was able to make some. And Duriel became a cake. All Normal became a cake becoz of just using Runeword gear.

When I reached Nightmare, I realized that I was starting to feel weak against mobs. My starter Runeword gear is not enough. So I have to get new runes. There, I learned Countess and Cow farming. And I also learned my Class. BTW, I am a Hammerdin. I also realized that Hammers are magic. All the weapons that can be used to physically hurt enemy mobs are useless for Hammerdins. ROFL. I was upset at first but later on adapted to its gameplay. Then I got new runes, got new runeword gear and Nightmare became a faceroll to me.

When I reached Hell, I realized that I need to get better runes if I want to beat it. I was struggling becoz of my poor resist gear. I need some good drops. And Lum rune and up never dropped on me yet. I even got frustrated to the game becoz I feel my progression is really controlled by RNG. So I kept on farming and farming and Lum rune never dropped but I got 3x io runes enough to make a Lum. And finally got my runeword chest that improved my resistance. Nope, you will never force me to use Diamonds on my Shield to replace my Spirit Shield. And I was right. I beat Act 1 Hell.

Act 2 and Act 3 Hell is all about mobs who are immune to you and Stygian Dolls. I just gear up my Merc and she killed everything that I cant kill. About Stygian Dolls, I realized I didn’t know how to play a Paladin. ROFL. I have Holy Shield points and I don’t know how to use it. I thought it was an Aura. ROFL. Actually, I learned how to use Holy Shield when I was already on Act 5 Hell.

With my new learned ability, Holy Shield, I concluded that I could kill everything in the game. But Act 5 Hell was not a cakewalk. I was confident that I could kill everything. And I was right when I destroyed Baal Hell all on Solo. I will post you my video of the Solo Kill if you want.

I don’t need high runes. My highest Runeword was Nef Lum and Lem Ko Tir although I got Ber and Mal on Act 2 and 3.

The best of it all is nobody carried me… and no powerful runes were handed to me. I farmed my own Runewords but I am not greedy like remaking games every 3 minutes.
To all those on the forums who taught me how to play my Paladin, thank you. Sorry for my noobness. But with me beating Hell all on Solo is a testament to all that I graduated from being a noob. ROFL.

To me, Hammerdin is easy. I play Cannonglass Classes in D3. With my reflexes playing a Tanky Class in D2R, the journey was somewhat not that difficult. If my Cannon Glass Classes wont die on very high Grifts carrying 3 other people, me playing a Tanky Paly would be hard to kill. But I loved every moments of the journey… immune mobs, Massive Archers, Massive Casters, Claw Salamanders, Stygian Dolls, more Stygian Dolls, Doom Vex (a MoonLord Boss that hits 10x times harder than a Moon Lord and drinks all your mana when he hit you), all the Demons that Baal summoned before him. I loved killing them all. It was an awesome experience. I really enjoyed the game. GG.

But there’s no Grifts that becomes harder and harder. So I have to stop somewhere. I wont need more gear if there’s no more bosses to kill. To me, Ubers is meant to be played for Multiplayers. So my Solo journey ends here. Good luck to you guys. This is a very good game. Have fun.

Thanks for reading. I am going back to play Shadowlands… completed some M+15s there already but not KSM yet all on PuGs. Need to get AoTC too… all on PuGs. To me, doing it with guild in there is cheating. You know I hate carries. I do PuGs and I am the one carrying my group. ROFL. Peace.

3 Likes

What a weird way to diminish someone’s accomplishment. Couldn’t you just be happy for the guy/gal?

Either way, congratulations to OP! What is next on your radar?

2 Likes

Strength before weakness young radiant!

I would agree that this is a common mode of playing D2. It is what I do, I play Online, but I do not group, do not leach XP off of anyone, I level manually my characters.

But in D2LOD, after a while, this got old, and with the stupid restrictions on infinite and easy skill resets, everyone then rushes to Hell Baal with their new characters, in order to “pick up” where they left with some previous character, wanting to try different skills, different weapons…

Those that get rushed usually join bot games, Blood runs, then Baal runs etc. Lots of bots I recall.