Give the old folks a chance

They will be changing the underused builds to make them viable. If you are running a hammerdin your fine nothing will change. If you generally run a spear Zon you will probably be pleasantly surprised that you can do hell now.

Give them a chance, they will be allowing us to test it with the PTU. If you aren’t able to get your input in, that’s your fault.

1 Like

Home consoles started in the 70s, along with arcades, and computing.

Why are so many people convinced they are the only generation that played video games in 2000.

1 Like

Because he is small brain, very limited. Diablo 2 need and will get some updates to improve

2 Likes

I, too, primarily bought the game for nostalgia and gaming history preservation, with fancy graphics on top. I didn’t opt into yet another live service. On the other hand, right now the patch is pretty minor and I can 100% live with everything in it. Everything there could have come out in 2011, nothing’s outlandish.

That being said, I wish for a clear yes or no from the devs on wether or not they will implement a LoD-only character creation checkbox at a future date, the same way there’s one for Classic. I think this is the best of both worlds regarding the tension between LoD’s preservation vs. the clamor for updates.

If the game keeps drifting away from LoD over time, that checkbox will be necessary to preserve the game I bought.

1 Like

D3 player = rat kid playing each season

I quit in season 1. /closed azz

Because be a D3 player is shame

both are D3 players.

/end

Same, after one season I decided I had been around the block and stopped. Came back to make a Necro when the DLC came out. I just don’t vibe with starting over RPG characters every few months when I can play 1000 hours long modded Skyrim saves…

I think Ladders are non-content.

I have no problem with Ladders but like other games with Ladder Seasons (ie POE), the ladder only items/content needs to be available to non ladder chars at season end. This does not include the purchasing of the items from former ladder chars for ridiculously inflated prices after season ends… If you’ve played games like POE you would know that active Ladder players do not trade on their Non Ladder chars, so good luck getting those items at all… This approach will forever handicap the casual players and make the game unenjoyable for that group.

1 Like

In stable facts you are very stupid my friend. Non objective purist fanboy. Sorry dude but i have another stable fact: Diablo 2 Re got some patches and will improve. Go play original D2 :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :).

1 Like

Hey now, I play D3. It’s still a fun game, it’s just a different kind of fun, ya know, zoom zoom bang bang! I like D2 more! D2 will probably always be my favorite.

I do miss the old D3 pre loot 2.0/RoS though. :frowning:

1 Like

Be careful, you don’t want to piss off the Fortnite generation of “Oh pretty colors.” And loot crate gambling addiction.

1 Like

If you generally run a spear Zon you will probably be pleasantly surprised that you can do hell now.

And what have this to do with Ladder ? They can do it in the normal game.
Ask yourself will you play ladder if there was no new runewords ? Probably no… and thats the answer, ladder is forced. It’s not by choice.

1 Like

D3 kids want to force us to play with them first 2 weeks, leave the game and back to D3.

1 Like

For actual game preservation (which I do find important). D2 and LoD are preserved on the internet archive and plenty of other places.

Buying a remaster isn’t how we preserve the old games. Getting countries to change their stupid IP laws is what really needs to happen. But luckily the internet doesn’t care and has thus far done a good job of preserving almost everything.

Is the melee ama actually possible now? Thought avoid skills still mess it up

In every game ladder is a forced game mode, i for once saw a game where every content was available to everybody and now they ruined it.
And i dont complain about ladder, whoever wish to play it then let them play it. I am against separation between ladder and non ladder. And the problem is that non ladder people are missing something and not the other way around. I dont see why people complain to what we ask ? The only reason i see is that they wish to feel superior to the non-ladder people.

Except i left d3 long time ago. It was letdown for me so i stopped playing after like season 2? Cant even remember.

1 Like

I can’t wait for the changes. I’m sorry you define yourself as old.

2 Likes

There’s a game called Diablo 2 : Lord of Destruction still available AFAIK. Play that one. I’ll keep enjoying D2R and the changes to the useless skills almost never used.

Just don’t touch the drop rates for the love of god.

1 Like

Hard to imagine anyone complaining about this. I am a 34 year old father of three, one child with special needs. This game fits PERFECTLY into my life. You can play it as casual as you want and still have fun. If my kid needs help with homework, I can town portal and give them some attention. If the family wants to play a board game, I don’t have to tell a soul to “hold on” or “let me finish” because it’s exactly how I left it when I come back. Adding balance to the classes and new runewords gives someone like me an actual reason to play ladder. If I decide it’s too daunting, I can wait for ladder to end and experience the runewords in non-ladder. I do NOT have much time to play but this is all I play and have therefore been able to obtain an enigma and hit level 93 and would likely be 99 if I devoted all this time to farming levels instead of farming items. I am super excited to see new additions/changes to a 20 year old game. They changed the game constantly back in the day and left it in an unbalanced state where 90% of items are trash and only a handful of builds are truly great.

3 Likes