Give the old folks a chance

Hello, people,

I am one of those players who have bought a game for the first time in a decade and this is D2R, only because of the announcement that this is going to be the same game as it was ten years ago. Now, we are expecting changes which will make the game totally different and I believe that other old folks, like me, are put off because of this changes. We are not teenagers anymore and we can not invest time in playing the ladder version of the game. I used to have fun with an hour or two for the last two weeks and I am on my way to the first enigma, but why should I invest time in something which is not clear how is going to develop after a month… I personally feel like I have been scammed with the statements from Blizarad, which was clearly saying that I am buying the OLD REMASTERED GAME, not a new one. If I wanted diablo 3, 4 or any other game I would have bought it…

28 Likes

Even though I’m quite excited about the news, I know I won’t have the time for this…

2 Likes

Same here. I am not going to be able to play ladder and that means that after the first ladder ends and the new items are available in the non-ladder is uninstall for me. I have bought the game in the last two weeks and currently I have sent a ticket to Blizzard asking for a refund :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The changes aren’t going to change the core gameplay though… You can still play the game like before. There will just be some new runewords that are optional and some balance changes that allow other builds to be used.

8 Likes

Except that the new runewords will be complementing the changes to the game, so non-ladder players are denied the builds if they don’t play ladder. That was one of the key reasons so many purchased D2R - the ladder runewords were available in every mode. Blizzard going back on that is going to cause some pretty severe blowback. If we wanted that kind of stuff we’d be playing D3.

9 Likes

That doesn’t make sense though because that was how original D2 worked. You can’t say it’s a D3 thing. Lol. If you want the new runewords, you can trade for them after ladder goes to NL. Just save up some currency. Or just play the ladder. I wouldn’t mind them unlocking them totally for everyone, but I don’t see why it’s so unreasonable when it worked that way in OG D2.

5 Likes

i am old also at 51
work 45-50 hours a week
and when not working a watch my grandson everyday
i go to work drop him at his moms
then pick him back up on my way home

i am fine with change
as long it is not drop rates and drops per person

i look at it this way
you find time for what you want
i still play around 40 hours a week on single player
but will move to ladder

9 Likes

It may have been how the OG D2 worked, but it is not how D2R works currently. To go back on that is a major middle finger to the players that bought this version because those runewords were finally available in any mode.

I really don’t get why they keep doing things that exclude players based on how they play. And losing choices right after we finally got some sucks. Massively.

6 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you op I’m slowly working towards infinity totally solo. I saw this coming though they are trying to compete with ggg and path of exile I expect.

I don’t see it as a huge deal. The original runewords are still going to be able to be made in any game mode aside from classic of course. They didn’t go back on that. They’re just introducing new ones to complement other builds and you will be able to trade for them after ladder rolls over. We’ll see if they stick to that though.

2 Likes

The game was announced as a remaster and the reason I bought it was that I was with the impression that I am going to play the old game without ladder only items. I have knowledge about the old game, and do not wish to learn new items and combinations, I do not need new runewords because I still have not been able to build a hero with an enigma. I checked that I have bought the game two weeks ago and asked for a refund. It will not hurt Blizzard, but this is my way to show them that I am not happy with the changes.

1 Like

I don’t get it though. You can still work toward getting an enigma… The new items are supposed to be for skills that they are going to buff. If you don’t want to use those skills, then it’s not gonna effect your gameplay. But hopefully you get your refund.

5 Likes

I really do not care about the refund, for me I it as a way of a protest towards Blizzard.

2 Likes

Untrue. Totaly different is way too strong word for it. Nothing important will change. Core is same. They just make improvement.

Can you please explain to me why it is bad to improve what sucks in D2?

4 Likes

stop liying.
Go D3

20 characters more

1 Like

OK, D3 player. Did you remember the OLD D3? Is ANOTHER GAME compared to D3 actual.

We saw it. We know how ends this movie.

3 Likes

This update brings new runewords, updates to sets, new cube recipes and skill balancing. A similar update happened with 1.10.

The core of the game remains the same… The same quests, the same cinematics, the same loot grind. Your favorite builds that have existed for the past 18-19 years will still be there.

5 Likes

I am used to the game and I know what to expect from it. For example, today I used my assassin for PVP and I know what to expect from my opponents. I know how to play my build and what I have loved so far is doable. After the first ladder ends I will need to read a tone of information online about every other build, about the new runewords and how to dodge the new builds. This will (most probably) end in a way that I will need the new runewords, which will not be accessible for me, due to the reason that I can no play ladder. Please do not tell me to safe in order to buy the new runewords, because, as I have mentioned, I do not wish to spend time in reading and learning the new builds.

Why do you call me d3 player?

Idk what you mean by that.

You are honestly not making much sense dude

What change exactly makes D2R into D3, name ONE!