Give the old folks a chance

Huh, I have 6 copies of D2 and LOD still in my closet. I have been playing since launch, and I’m getting close to applying for my Social Security benefits.
I am sooooo excited for 2.4 and the new ladder!!!
This is just like original D2 with the balances and ladder and runewords from 1.08 1.10 ect.

I am very glad the devs are continuing the tradition of original D2 by providing us with both QoL changes, ladders and new runewords.

If anyone wants to play Classic D2, guess what, you still can! Go install it and play.

1 Like

They addressed that and yes it should be viable. Make sure you log into PTR and give them feedback once it is available.

Go and play classic if you are unhappy with changes. Its a much needed patch to make bad things better. It should have been made years ago. Im also an old player and still I welcome new changes. I bought D2R in hope for changes tbh.

1 Like

but runewords will be available after the ladder ends. you are not losing out

Nothing in the changes has stated that the game was significantly going to change that would change the core of the game.

Here you’re being deceitful. Changes are coming, but make the game “totally different?” You’ll have to elaborate exactly how the game now is “totally different” from 10 years ago.

Umm… It’s clear you do not read patches. You may want to read up on them, because actually can see how the devs are planning to develop the game and in which direction. Not only is it written, you can also TEST it yourself if you want to and deliver some feedback on them.

This argument doesn’t make sense. I doubt you’re an “old folk” since old ppl typically read due to past experience from being scammed in their younger yrs.

These recent patches have nothing in relation to d3, not a single thing. D2 at it’s core has not changed. Our next patch, all they’ve admitted, is that they will look in to increasing the viability of under-used skills, look in to how they can make other merc’s from the differing acts more viable, and introduce new items for the ladder to come.

Exactly how has the game changed so significantly that it can no longer be considered D2? Literally, these are things that used to be done “back in the day” when the game was popular. When the game first came out, synergies didn’t even exist, which was probably the BIGGEST change in this games history. The current devs, have not even mentioned a singular change that comes close to this sort of change. So this is all in your imagination.

nah bro - even when you were a teenager this stuff was happening (1.08 uniques anyone?)

let’s go fam, buckle up for fun

(also if you want to go at your own pace, you can play old diablo2 if you truly want to keep the OG experience)

1 Like

10 years ago we had a balance patch. And before that we had a bunch of other balance patches. If you’re a veteran of the game, your expectation of the game, in order to keep it the way it was, should be to consistently churn out balance patches.

1.14 isn’t the definition of Diablo 2.

3 Likes

Great, " I used to have fun with an hour or two for the last two weeks and I am on my way to the first enigma, but why should I invest time in something which is not clear how is going to develop after a month " - well perhaps they want to keep the people that play more than 1-2 hours as well and keep them interested in the 20 year old game with no balance patches for the last 11 years. What exactly do you not like besides the “ladder only runewords” which BTW was how the original version was and if they made no changes due to the current state there would have not been any ladder only items/runewords available now. That is what the ladder always was 1.Ladderboard 2.Exclusive content (items/runewords). What the actual F are you guys on about they have not announced any nerfs whatsoever to anything but only buffs to other skills/mercs and possibly new awesome rune combinations. And the most important thing is that this shows they plan to work more and more on the game and not just "FIX ALL THE BUGS MAN GET THE LADDER GOING AND HIT THAT RESET ONCE EVERY 6 MOTHS(or 4 as it might be now)AND NOTHING NEW HAPPENS. Just play casually if you do not have time, no need to play ladder, you still have all the current exclusives unlocked and by the time the season ends you will get the new runewords unlocked as well. You need to look at the bigger picture which will bring much more variety to the game with new builds…

Which will be completely ignored, like all the bug reports during the Beta.

Aren’t you just a little ray of sunshine. Someone pee in your cornflakes this morning?

no, but they definitely defecated all over what was once my favorite game… which is now worth just as much as ‘Blizzard’s’ word. Type into the void if you so desire.

1 Like

Odd thing to refer to your headspace as, but aptly appropriate.

I’m just here to say, the graphics are in no way worthy of the min requirements to play the game.
Bliz… if your listening. Get a grip on the req’s. Maybe you could sell some new subscriptions rather than beg players with a 35% off sale. /Clap /clap way to go.

They said you would be able to create the rune words in the stream in non ladder once the season has ended.

I don’t get why people keep bringing up remaster as though that means change can’t happen.

Of course I’m referring to your PTR feedback, perhaps a better word would be dumpster. Your ideas and opinions ARE trash, so, “ApTlY aPpRoPrIaTe”

Yeah I don’t know. Since when does “remaster” mean there can be no more further patches for balance? Silliness.

Everything is good with me except the removal of TCP/IP. This is a sin. As a matter of a fact, it is blasphemy to the legacy of The Diablo universe. I look forward to all of the changes but I would also like to look forward on not depending on Blizzards servers to play with my family members.

ahh ok, you’re an edgy 11 year old, got it.

1 Like

He says after they announce a completely remade game.

Lol, also hi, how you been? <3