Gigantic Blue Post Incoming

FYI - Working on a forum post that will be talking about some of the items the team is investigating and tackling along today.

Should be up shortly! Will link!

3 Likes

Instead of them posting this on god damn twitter they should just i dno use the forums.

This is part of the community issue in 2021 they want you to use social media blah blah helps investors see blah blah Corporate nonsense.

Forum would be alot nicer if they had a locked sticky updated in bug thread… also common sense as well… scary it isnt there from the start… even scarier the first one wasnt locked and has posts by randoms in it hating on the server stability right form launch…

11 Likes

I don’t care about their excuses.

6 Likes

Hopefully the post also changes the soiled diapers and gives a pacifier to some in the forums. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

restart servers faster so people can play
than write your things and work on permanent fix

2 Likes

Totally agreed. In fact they should post it on both.

Social media is so annoying, in more ways than one -_-;

2 Likes

Just here for tears and salt. 2021 and people complain about twitter but are ok with using forums.

1 Like

I took off four weeks from work and rented a motel to get away from my wife and kids just so I could play this game nonstop – only it doesn’t work! WTF BLIZZZ???

1 Like

so you complain that people complain… what a clown lol

2 Likes

His tweet literally says “FYI - Working on a forum post …”.

Would be pretty lame to post a comment on the forums saying they are working on posting a comment on the forums later.

I don’t care about people complaining… Complaining is healthy for a game with problems. It’s how the support crews know there is a problem. It’s feedback.

What I do have a problem with is people throwing text temper tantrums about it.

4 Likes

The issue has been going on for like 8+ hours…

If it takes over 8 hours for a community manage to respond to an issue on the forums.

Get a better community manager.

Want feedback?

Why cant we make a channels why is their no trade channel? Why when someone whispers me does it pop up and move it to direct focus mid sentence im typing.

Lastly why do I have to ask these basic questions as they NEVER should have been in release.

How do you give feedback in a nice way for things that are so blatantly horrible?

Did they even play Diablo 2? Did they ever use Bnet?

2 Likes

I could care less about what they’re investigating.

I want to know - when is the ETR??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

why they dont just restart, i dont know…

Literally when they restart the servers all characters showing the connected error will be reset to default and not be connected.

We never connected to a server but the database shows us connected…

So thats your answer. There is no way for us to get changed to not being connected without a restart really. A patch will be needed to prevent this from happening in the future.

It wasnt discovered because almost all testing was done internally.

In absolute lamens terms

GameserverConnected = True … when it should be false…

Nothing is going to ever be called to change that back to false until a restart of the server and the default false is restored.

1 Like

No, it’s called communication.
It can’t be common that customers have to search developer / americas twitter accounts. German CS for example is completely silence since 2 days.

3 Likes

Why are all the updates on bloody twitter? THEY HAVE A FORUM, WHY DONT THEY USE IT?

5 Likes

Must be one big forum post for it to take an hour after saying “shortly.”

3 Likes

You don’t want a Community Manager, who is a publishing/front line person touching the servers. He is wring up what the tech team is doing so that we have some form of communication.

2 Likes

Probably needs to vetted by a host of employees - multiple devs, CM (maybe even PR?). You know some people in the forum would go cuckoo even over a spelling mistake.

3 Likes