Gigantic Blue Post Incoming

looks to me like they are understaffed there

2 Likes

Understood. The nature of the problem doesn’t honestly concern me. Just when they think they’ll have to game back up correctly.

I think that’s what almost everyone here wants to know, not a lot of techno-obfuscation to make us feel sorry for how hard they’re working.

1 Like

1000%

They’re going over that post with a fine tooth comb

2 Likes

You are correct about that. Only little off hand comments or “we will pass it along” can be posted with out review. They can share stuff the Devs have already approved for release and stuff already public.

Anything else they require several sets of eyes. So commenting on current server issues and plans means writing it up and having several someones review it. Does not mean there might not be a typo, but hopefully the tech info is right.

The excuses I’ve always heard from devs is that it is “easier” to use twitter.

Which I call BS on, it takes me <30 seconds to open the forums and bang out a post.

3 Likes

How do you get the MVP tag and why are your posts in green?

1 Like

Please stop with the excuses for Blizzard, please, just stop.

Adam Fletcher, Global Community Development Lead for Diablo, can update the player base with a lot more than what you are suggesting here.

7 Likes

She is farming brownie points, man.

3 Likes

I bet some of you complain about rainbows, and flowers, and whatever day it is, and the color orange, and milkshakes, and isosceles triangles, and the number 375, and water, and…

i just hoping i will be able to play this game on my PC … been waiting to play this game … only able to to hit the play now button and nothing happens … ill give it a week and see whats happens

I f@$@% hate isosceles triangles

1 Like

dont waste time write silly excuses.
reboot server. put some compensation items into accs.

Why are they able to post 15 times an hour on twitter but cant post anything here?

Maybe they need less red tape around communication or have someone who actually knows whats going on make a post. Give whoever is the lead of their infrastructure a forum account and let them post updates. Stop making excuses for horrible communication.

I don’t think you realize what the Blizzard bureaucracy is like. I was not giving any excuses. I was simply stating a fact. That post will go through review and approvals before posting.

Imagine having so many approval hoops for posting, but zero approval required for quality control of your product.

1 Like

Including legal. Everything goes to legal. And legal is where things go to die… :wink:

Sorry, this was a recurring saying where I used to work.

Because they labeled their Twitter accounts “personal accounts” and they are not official in a legal sense.

The USED to have official Twitter accounts in their forum names that they used for work things but for whatever reasons, legal? control? they ended that about 5 years ago and went to Brand accounts instead.

That said, sometimes they blur the lines between personal account and using it for work. They need to pick one or the other.

Telling you how it works does not imply approval. Blizzard has crap for Communications and people have been loudly complaining for YEARS. Including me. In person. It is not usually the CMs that are the problem. I can say that for certain. They WANT to say a lot more and are not allowed. I have talked to them directly in multiple game teams now. This is a corporate level thing that has a bad impact on the CMs and players.

1 Like

I don’t think you realize yourself how the entire structure being discussed works. Not just from a Blizzard standpoint but the process as a whole across industry.

Your Global Community Development Lead for Diablo can provide more than a single Tweet saying, “Working on a thing”, and leave it at that. I 100% most assure you that he is empowered and capable of doing a lot, magnitudes, more than that and what you suggest.

Edit: A simple e-mail out to the NOC would be more than enough to provide feedback beyond the single sentence provided some time ago.

3 Likes

How is the Blizzard CS - The Americas a “personal” account? Its a verified account, no one would look at it and assume its a “personal” account.

1 Like

Dont call them blizzard.

Its Activision.

They bought blizzard entirely… its not blizzard anymore… they literally just own the name… the actual company and its real values and good employees all left.

I clearly understand how you have the MVP tag and why your posts are green.

#StayInLine

1 Like