Game Toxicity Born Of Bad Chat UI & Isolated Servers

The thing I am mostly worried about is the approaching power creep in v2.4.

Right now before we get these new lv 85 areas, the current power of end-game characters are already performing like 3 minute or less Chaos clears in an 8 player game, as example. So when things get power crept, even though we are getting new lv 85 areas, I think people are going to be rushing right through these areas significantly faster than normal. I think the new lv 85 areas will add more lifespan to each MF game created, but I don’t think it will be nearly as long as most people are thinking, due to approaching power creep.

So essentially, I think players are gonna be bumping heads competitively in games just the same as they are now because they’ll be moving through these areas so fast to move on to the next. And I think the game birth/death times won’t be too much longer than they are now either. So the competitive game hunt will more than likely remain mostly the same as it is now unless they open up our join list again.

They REALLY need to open up the join game list again.
Local server isolation is just not good at all.
Truthfully it is probably the #1 most toxic thing in this game right now.

4 Likes

You weren’t trying to help you were just being a petty bad word I can’t type here cause I don’t wanna get suspended from the forums again.

2 Likes

You know what? I wasn’t going to say anything originally and I guess I’ll choose to not say much, but since you brought it up:

This poor diminished Chat UI communication and diminished game join screen is definitely encouraging more and more people to begin using 3rd party sites like d2jsp, because now they have to if they want reasonable end-game XP/MF progression.

Whether a person is cool with that or not, that’s up to them. I just find it awfully strange that something as core & foundational as the in-game chat UI was left in the state that it is in.

5 Likes

It’s mostly a bunch of assumptions anyway, most of what OP describe could be his imagination, there’s no proof of anything he said. (And he won’t give any, there’s none)

1 Like

Aren’t you the same guy that gave feedback on a build you don’t understand?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s called: “Log in and see it for yourself”

I’ll never understand this weird trend that America is going through right now where people like to point at the obvious and act like it isn’t obvious.

No, but I did write this one: Bowazon PvM & PvP Guide - Talking About New Patch - Amazon - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com) It currently has over 12,000 views and is one of the most viewed threads in this forum.

Nice attempt at ad hominem though!
I’ll give you credit for it.

3 Likes

You didn’t prove anything.
You have NOTHING linking the toxicity to what you said, IT IS a bunch of assumptions.

It could very well be just because of Covid, because the population is younger than what you used to know, crap tons of reasons really, but essentially you don’t know.
You don’t have anything about that.

1 Like

You literally posted in a holy fire discussion about how MrLlama was doing so much damage with his holy fire build and that it could do a lot more damage with skill charms and min/maxed gear…

Those things don’t even add damage to the build. Just looked at your post history and indeed you did say those things.

Focus on one topic at a time, I am not reading all that.

Agreed, too much off-topic going on.
I have one last thing to say to them both though:

You know how I can tell you two are not d2jspers?
If you were, you would handle yourselves better while trolling.
Troll all you want but you should “Git Gud” at it as they say.
You guys are just boring and bad.

2 Likes

Point ?
Oh there is none, like your facts.

You’re still trying to pass your delusions as facts without proof in the end.

3 Likes

I mean you gave feedback on something you don’t understand. No troll required.

Now you’re using a misrepresentation tactic, half mixed with a strawman.

You’re assuming what I meant in that discussion was about Holy Fire alone and encouraging your assumption as such. But I have clarified in several other threads, stated that the balance issue is not with Holy Fire alone but rather the left click skill which stacks with passive Holy Fire damage ticks, which stacks & compounds attack damage. IE: Using Smite or Zeal or Charge in conjunction with Holy Fire. The old aura power level was fine, but after these buffs it’s too much. What Paladins will do with Holy Fire now, would be similar to if my Bowazon could somehow cast Guided Arrow and Strafe simultaneously at the same time for largely compounded damage.

This is what the post was in reference to, which could have been clarified better in the way I had typed it up in other threads.

Regardless, you’re attempt to dig up quotes from me and twist them around for a troll is actually really weird my dude. I checked your user profile and I am at the top of your list of the people you respond to the most. It would seem you have a strange fetish to follow my threads and respond negatively to literally anything I say at all.

Perhaps you should find something else to do.

4 Likes

I didn’t twist your words at all you’re trying to justify what you’ve said in regards to holy fire and providing feedback on it. When you won’t even admit you actually don’t understand the build. If you did why would you bring up his inventory and other sources of gear like they somehow add damage. Then mysteriously when it’s pointed out to you, you completely disappear.

I’ve responded to you a lot? Well maybe because you’ve posted I believe in two different holy fire discussions I was already a part of. I have the mindset that pretty much everything you post is at least 50% garbage and that you probably don’t understand the subject your giving “feedback” on. That may be a poor assumption but so far you haven’t said a thing to really lead me to any other conclusion

2 Likes

I play hardcore only … and serously now i only play with friends or people i met on my own stream, To much peoples trying to ruin the (ONLY) game on hardcore. Really sad to see an average of 1-2 game up.

3 Likes

I found a new bullet point for sources of toxicity.

1 Like

But you are leaving out all of the other posts I’ve made in Holy Fire thread discussion where I did clarify exactly what I meant, what I just explained to you. Do you want to dig those quotes up and post them here for compare & contrast to your claim against me in this thread? Should I do it for you?

Of course you don’t want that, because the fact of the matter is, you’re just looking for reasons for argue with me in attempts to discredit my words. You are drawn to it like a moth unto the flame. I have no idea who you are, what you are gaining from it or what you feel you are accomplishing.

Just know that I’ve been foruming like this, writing guides, discussing massively immersed topics for 20+ years now. This is certainly not my first rodeo. Know that users like yourself, after awhile of trying too hard, it makes you look like a fanboy who is helping bump my threads.

Thanks, I guess
Cheers man, I’m going to eat Subway now.
Have a great day.

2 Likes

"Just know that I’ve been foruming like this, writing guides, discussing massively immersed topics for 20+ years now. "

There are people that stay bad at what they do for a long time, so that’s worth as much as your baseless assumption with which you started this thread.

You can focus on the ad hominem (or even do the opposite and turn what you say into an argument from authority like in what I quoted), it doesn’t take away that you’re just inventing facts.

2 Likes

You want to know how I know you’re not even sure what you’re talking about?

You’re picking and choosing what part of my posts you are responding to. Of the 8 sentences I replied with you decided to respond to a single line of a single sentence.

Big brain gamer.

The irony of that is…you’re trying to say that I’m ignoring posts you make in that thread. When you just ignored everything I said in that post except 11 words.

2 Likes

What Blizz has to allow players to bot. I don’t think that is what you are trying to promote.

2 Likes