Game keep crashing like Hell, after new patch 2.4 crash crash crash crash

What the hell is this ?
Join game = crash
New game = crash
alt tab while loading because i get bored of staring at same loading screen for 10-15-20 seconds = crash
return to char selection crash
barely got a crash per month until this f***y patch.
Now i got a chance to crash every time i do the actions above, this is very F up.
crash crash crash crash
Unplayable.
“Press any key to start game” should be renamed to “Do any action to crash game”

2 Likes

You might want to reinstall the game and delete all the PTR stuff too if you used it.

Reinstalled game.
Deleted Settings file.
Still same crashes :frowning:

Must be your system then cause I rarely crash. One crash in 1 week and its when I exited the game, it froze. What kind of graphics card you have?

Try making sure all your overlays are off…

Discord Overlay
Epic Games Overlay
Steam Overlay
Radeon Overlay
Rockstar Overlay
Ubisoft Overlay
any other type of overlay…

Try the game in Fullscreen, if it crashes, try in windowed.
Try to see a cause for the crashes, were you alt tabbing in and out? Entering the stash? Leaving the stash? Using a waypoint? Loading a character? Spamming one ability?

Do you use any macro hardware for your mouse?

Are all your drivers up to date? GPU specifically?

Does your GPU stay stable with any other game? If not, is your Power Supply Unit going out?

Do you have a spell hotkeyed to alt+f4?

May have something to do with certain setting, seems fine with “default video settings”(tried a few alt tabbing/new game/join game and no crash)
I’ll start messing with settings one at a time, and i will answer to questions above, and see how it goes, but tomorrow, since i have to leave, and thanks for helping.

Any luck? I have been having the same issues and none of the above fixes work

1 Like

Sometimes, as is often the case, once a patch comes out the GPU drivers need to be updated by the manufacturers themselves.

Not all but most GPU related issues can be solved by making sure your drivers are up to date.

Before you begin any other troubleshooting, make sure this step is complete.

Just updated drivers. Now crashing on launch

1 Like

I think you have something weird going on with your system man. I haven’t crashed once since 2.4

Out of curiosity do you happen to be using an RTX 2000 or 3000 series card?

Can you play any other 3D games?

Did you click the gear/cog next to play and select scan and repair?

GPU?
Driver version?

Geforce - version 512.15
NIVIDIA GeFoprce GTX 1070 Ti

Interesting… My potato setup never crashed since launch.

I play everyday and I havent been able to since 2.4 for no reason. And nobody seems to be able to get to the bottom of the issue. Very annoying. Even more that I had huge plans for Ladder and if this keeps up I WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY for ladder …

What region are you in?

North america, why would that affect anything

Don’t know it could be anything. I’m in EU and as I said i never crashed. Ok maybe once a month, or so but since 2.4 never. And I have an old potato machine.

Close as much programs as possible like overlays (including discord), apps for keyboard and mouse, etc, etc. From what I’ve read, there’s certain programs like these that causes issues with D2R.

No overlays active whatsoever. I have been opening d2r with everything else closed.