Game keep crashing like Hell, after new patch 2.4 crash crash crash crash

Maybe try an older driver. Here are some comments from the nvidia site regarding that patch.

[mark_recchi_8]
15h
One of the worst drivers I’ve ever experienced. Random crashes, monitors turning on and off in games, fps drops etc. No problems whatsoever until I installed this piece of crap driver. I can’t wait for a new driver that doesn’t actually break my PC!

[Jos Manuel Caldern Leinberger]
15h
Upgraded to 512.15 during the last weekend since then games like Valorant, Heroes of the Storm, League of Legends, Metro Exodus, crashed every time I did a screen resolution change in-game or every time I pressed Alt+Tab (To search for guides or do something else while I was wating for an online match to start) also made Discord crash as I chat with my friends while playing, had to do a rollback to the previous patch and it actually works better.

[omar.afridi2]
18d
After updating to 512.15 on my 1070ti, screen goes black during game play and GPU fans ramps up to 100%. The only solution is a PC reset. There is something weird going on with this version. Reverted back to 511.79 and the problem got fixed.

[lannblue1210]
19d
My pc will crash to black screen while playing games after updating to this, first I thought is the game’s fault and I tried really really light games like Roblox but it still crashes. I rolled back the driver version > didn’t work, reset the bios > didn’t work, reinstall and run the windows repair thing > didn’t work. I don’t think neither its psu, ram or motherboard’s problem since I bought it 6 months ago. Does anyone have the solution for this?

For what it’s worth I haven’t updated drivers in ages and my version 456.71 works perfectly on D2R. :stuck_out_tongue: As a rule of thumb I never update drivers unless I have a problem.

I just want to post here to second the crashing problem.

I have tried all of the different fixes:

*Scan & Repair
*Uninstall / re-install
*Update drivers (my D2R started crashing before the driver update and after)
*run game in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode
*Run game as admin
*reduce graphics settings

A post up above stated “you need to find out what is causing the crashing”

In my case, it is 2.4

The game was working virtually perfectly before 2.4. After 2.4, it is a constant crash fest literally every time I play.

I have 0 problems with any other games on my system.

It’s not a system issue, because I was having 0 issues with Diablo 2 before the patch.

This is only a problem since 2.4 launched.

2 Likes

I was crashing after every single game i left, updated nvidia drivers to the newest one and seems to have fixed it.

Same here - tried everything.

Steps to reproduce crash:

Open Game, select Play > Hell - While in game, open Mercenary Inventory (o key) - Crashes every time.
Open Game, select Lobby - Crashes every time.

Steps tried to resolve issue:

1. Scan & Repair
  2. Toggled between Windowed & Full Screen
  3. Checked NVidia driver > Am on 512.15
  4. Toggled between NA and EU (Play normally on NA)

PC Specs:
2070 Super
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
Gigabyte AORUS x570i

Update while literally writing post
Forgot that I had custom scripts while playing offline (for holy grail tracker)

• If you have custom scripts enabled, go to BNet Launcher > Settings Icon > disable “Additional Command Line Arguments”

Same here. The game has been crashing a lot more after new patch 2.4.
my fps have also dropped from 60+ to less than 35 which makes the game unplayable.

I have tried uninstalling (1) recent windows update, (2) gpu driver to older version 465.89 because the latest driver version 512.59 crashes consistently as well with bad fps. appreciate help here! how do we get the crash logs?

Steps to reproduce crash:
Open Game, select Play > Hell - While loading and waiting for the door to open - Crash
Open Game, Create a new game - While loading and waiting for the door to open - Crash

PC Specs:
NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 six -core
Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3

D2R on PC hasn’t crashed for me since last year lol

Play D2R on Switch, it has never crashed for me even once.

One thing is to look out for VRAM usage, Diablo 2 can use quite a lot of VRAM and if you have other sources using it up too, it can mess it up.

PTR is in a different folder it has nothing to do with that. So does reinstalling really, for such a simple thing like an unmodded game, it never solves problems

I had a bunch of freezes and crashes recently too. At one moment it was a whole bunch of times in a row.

Been having the same issue. Game crashes to desktop with no message, usually upon doing something in act 2 or 3. Done all the things mentioned above to try to fix. Blizzard, are you doing anything about this? Seems like a common problem.

I had also the problem of crashing within the first 2 minutes, mostly during character choosing. I found out that undervolting of the graphics card via MSI Afterburner seems to be the problem. When i disable my undervolting settings and even keep MSI Afterburner running, the game seems to be stable now.

I have the same issue, have also tried the same fixes, it doesn’t help. This problem came with the recent patches for D2R. I can play other games with no problem whatsoever. I have no overlays.

No crashes at all here.

I didn’t crash at all in April, but now in June, its unplayable.

1 Like

That just isn’t terribly useful, I have not seen many games that had wide swept bugs that it couldn’t be played by anyone. It is also fairly odd that I can play more or less any other game without any issues, but d2r, even if reinstalled, can’t even get to the character selection screen before just exiting 90% of the time and the last 10% only gets to selecting logging in before just exiting.

Well, if a game runs fine for one person, and doesn’t for another, it’s probably hardware issues/incompatibility.

Not saying Blizz is innocent, because they need to make sure the game runs on a variety of machines, but to say that it isn’t terribly useful is bollux because when lots of people say the game runs fine for them, you’ve already narrowed down the problem.

I have the same issue. Since 2.4, game crashes all the time. Sometimes i can play for a couple hours, sometimes it crashes the instant I start playing. game ran flawlessly before 2.4, so I dont think its a hardware or system issue. Its always waypoints or loading screens. The game is essentially unplayable now. Very frustrating. I have ran the repair tool like 4 times, reinstalled twice, to no avail.

This sounds like a heat issue either cpu or gpu(most likely). I run a 1070 Gpu and the game runs this card hard. Try using msi afterburner on highest fan speed and try again.

number one issue has been

turn off all 3rd party proggies before starting game.
stop trying to use old redvex, primary issue with it is exactly what you are describing

I’ve got a 1080 Ti and the GPU gets to a max of 40-45C, only reaching 50C during the fireballgasm after Shenk goes down. Most players with high GPU temps are not utilizing the limiters properly. Set the framerate to “uncapped” to remove the built in limiter’s performance issues and turn vSync on. vSync takes care of the framerate limit and you get no massive GPU temp spikes.

The one scenario you might need to use the built in limiter is if you have a high framerate display and a GPU that can’t realistically drive a display that fast without heat issues. A 1070 isn’t an ultra high FPS card. It’s a 1440p card when doing 60 FPS. Know what your hardware limitations are and work with them to reduce energy use and wasted GPU cycles.

I have been having the crashing issue, between 10 second after launching the game.

I have tried all the avaiable online solutions but to no avail.

I have an i7, 16gb, rtx2060.
There are no working background programs, have fixed / reisntalled / updated drivers. Tried in full screen / windowed, full res / low resolution, administrator mode… all of it mentioned.