gAmE iS dEaD - no its not šŸ˜”

Intel is how wars are wonā€¦ going in blind is how people fail and waste resourcesā€¦ time is a resourceā€¦ people are sick of wasting their time blindly wandering around only to get lostā€¦ hence the reason people ā€œCheatā€ by using a Sorceress to circumvent wallsā€¦

Get off your moral high horse, everyone cheats in Diablo II in some form or anotherā€¦ if Sorceress lost the ability to spam teleport youā€™d all quit tomorrow.

Your analogy is so ridiculously off that I really had to push myself to respond.

D2R is a game, not a war.

Lack of ā€œintelā€ as you call it, is what allows the game to provide an aspect of chaos, and therefore alleviates some of the ā€œgrindā€ of RNG, by mixing up the visuals within a template.

If getting ā€œlostā€ inside a D2R map distresses you, stop playing and seek professional help. No, I mean it.

Using an ability properly, that is in the game by design, is not a ā€œcheatā€. Youā€™re just wrong here. Youā€™re wrong a lot, but thatā€™s fine with me.

Donā€™t project your perceived moral inadequacies onto your peers. Itā€™s bad manners.

People got ā€œsickā€ of the RNG in playing poker, so theyā€™d hide an Ace up their sleeve to win more often, and not ā€œwaste timeā€. When caught, those people would pay a high price.

Your analogy is bad, your opinion of fellow players is worse. You need to unplug.

3 Likes

Damn you are rightā€¦ people that claim that the game is dead are just wrong and your screenshot proves it

Itā€™s not deadā€¦ itā€™s rotten and burried

Then why do you spend so much of your ā€œtimeā€ coming up with elaborate outlandish attempts to bring it back? When you know pragmatically, itā€™s beyond a long shot.

I would think youā€™d be championing the vigor of the game, so any of your suggestions would gather a following of others interested in growing the state of the game.

Instead youā€™re in here with a defeatist attitude, imagining that if you put down the game consistently, it will somehow yield an angle synergistic to your gameplay ideas. If you want people to take your ideas seriously, you need to be optimistic.

ā€œThe game is great, one of the best, but it can be made better and here are some ideas that I believe do just that.ā€

Try it, youā€™ll find more success, or at the very least, a more receptive first reading.

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually impressive for NL. You donā€™t even see the games that are full or private. I donā€™t have a ladder character so I canā€™t see how many Baal games are up in hell ladder.

The facts are no zoomers are playing this game and that is the mainstream gaming audience these days. New audiences do not play remasters. They have no personal connection to it, and they also they donā€™t want to play a game that another generation claimed.

The numbers D2 has are impressive. You have to give JSP credit where credit is due, they have an insane amount of volume on that website.

Iā€™m championing changes because it the lack of those that makes the game freaking dead atm

Been saying it since Day 1

D2R needs an endgame/activities on launch of first ladder otherwise itā€™ll die fast

The game has been solved to its deepest core over the 20years, new graphics can only be a novelty for so long before ā€œbeen there done datā€ comes back home

Will make it dead? Or is it already dead?

Which is it?

Also, since day one? People knew what they were buying, weā€™ve known for 20 years. Part of the reason they remastered this game at all, is that itā€™s still around 20 years later.

They advertised the game as a remaster on launch and further content after

Also, ā€œcustomers knew what they were buyingā€
Has never been an excuse for a company selling a lacklustre product

I agree that the game could have A LOT more people playing than it currently has if Blizzard actually adds interesting content to the game. And itā€™s not hard at all. Itā€™s so easy to mod a new doorway entrance that leads to an area with new monsters, etc. And people would eat that up. It would not come close at all to tampering with the original game.

Thereā€™s so much they could do. Any new item with new graphics would add a ton of interest to the game.

I agree they should start making tasteful decisions to gather more interest.

Thereā€™s a reason people are playing PD2 because weā€™ve known for decades that good graphics means absolutely nothing.

Since before day 1 you were spamming all of this. It was tolerable then, because everyone wanted to get our their opinions, making it known to the developers where the pre-order crowd stood. The game at launch was more popular than even I figured, which is part of why the servers constantly keeled over due to more zero day sales than were imagined (granted, a good number of these were probably botters getting their testing in before ladder and the true test).

I wouldnā€™t exactly go that far. While the primary audience are those of us that played the original game, Blizzardā€™s reach is pretty far and they introduced this to all major consoles. You might not see as many from that demographic here in a forum though, as Iā€™d assume most of them would more frequent Reddit/Twitter/Dischord/etc. Remasters also sell pretty well in major franchises, I think I remember seeing that FFX/FFX-2 Remaster sold more than FFXIII-3 back in 2014.

And they have already stated multiple times too, that what they did would reflect the direction the playerbase wanted, and had to fit within their pillars of what D2 is. D2R is highly doubtful to get actual, meaningful new content beyond updating mechanics, balance, additional quality of life, new items, maybe a new endgame boss or two.

One might argue that jaded customers felt cheated because they thought D2R would immediately go into maintenance mode with no updates beyond releasing ladder and bug fixes, touting the verbatim of ā€œSame gameplay you know and loveā€ as mantra evidence. Most normal folk that paid attention, knew what they were buying: A remaster that was almost 1 to 1 at launch, with some updates down the line, which is exactly what is happening. We got a balance patch for season 1, they have spoken about that they were having discussions of what future updates could happen, etc. Just because you thought 2.4 was a lackluster product, doesnā€™t mean that the general playerbase did. Outside of crappy optimization and interfering old database code at launch, the product has been fine for most people.

2 Likes

Youā€™re the one that needs to seek help for telling someone who has an opinion you donā€™t agree with it go seek help and ā€œunplugā€ lol

Buddy, just because your standards of gaming are so trash youā€™ll accept anything the devā€™s give to you doesnā€™t make you right. In fact your so wrong in your opinion you need to educate yourself on levels of quality of video games and why people choose to play certain classes to be more efficient. Thereā€™s a meta for a reason, just because you decide to play the game your inefficient way, doesnā€™t mean everyone does that.

The fact that the moral majority of people play cookie cutter meta builds says a lot. Having more information at a players disposal makes them more efficient at not wasting their time.

Youā€™re missing the point entirely, again, not a high enough intelligence to read between the lines. You took everything I said literally and then twisted my words to your own warped perception of reality so you can psychoanalyze me and call me crazyā€¦ Youā€™re a sheep and you need to get your head examinedā€¦ and no, Iā€™M for real this timeā€¦ youā€™re an absolute loon.

People use turboHUD on D3, they use map hacks so they can become more efficient at playing because not everyone has the time some people have, but again, itā€™s all just selfishness and greed at the end of the day. You see the world through your eyes and no one elseā€™sā€¦ and thatā€™s fine but youā€™re wrong in your assessment about me and the facts Iā€™ve presentedā€¦ lots of people use map hack, hence the huge ban wave.

It is greed. People who donā€™t have time to play a game without cheats should reconsider the games they play or the expectations they have. If you suck at 1st person shooter and donā€™t have time to practice, then maybe you shouldnā€™t play them in multiplayer mode. It would not be ok to use wallhack and aimbot, just because you are a tool.

Same goes for D2R & D3 and turboHud and Maphack.

Welcome back from your forum timeout, little troll.

2 Likes

game was never dead and the remaster name is stupid.

TLDR, hope it didnā€™t take long.

They donā€™t want new players. They wanted old players, who will never enjoy any other Blizzard game, to buy it again, which they did. D4 will get them new players. And the old players will grumble about it sucking and keep playing D2R.

2 Likes

Yeah not a troll just someone who throws logic at people who live in a bubble and think the world just works the way they demand it doesā€¦ lol you were probably that kid that ratted on other kids to the teacher in school and everyone bullied youā€¦ looks like not much as changed as a pathetic adult. :wink:

Cheerā€™s buddy, enjoy your false reality. Youā€™re the tool dude. Keep obeying your masters and not having an original thought in your head.

100% troll or stupid.

Sounds like you are stuck with a preteen mind

So if people donā€™t break the rules they donā€™t have original thoughts and just obey their masters? Seems like you are right, you arenā€™t trolling, you are just dumb.

Thatā€™s not good numbers. Itā€™s not dead but itā€™s not thriving either and hereā€™s how I can tell. Iā€™m active in a popular trading discord and have used it since release. When the game was new the discord channels looked like a scrolling page of countless trade offers. You couldnā€™t keep a single offer on the screen more than a moment before it was pushed up by new offers. Now those same discord channels have maybe a few listings a day. So you have people still playing and trading but at a very small fraction of what it used to be.

Seems normal for Diablo 2 to me, still a bit more than numbers from the graphics overhaul left than I expected. I mean, it is not crazy like during a ladder reset or when the d2r came out but I mean what do folks expect?

thats 50 peopleā€¦

games dead, they killed it.