gAmE iS dEaD - no its not šŸ˜”

Imgur

I literally just took this screenshot 10 seconds ago. Look at all those 7s.

Some guys are checking the game list at 9AM and claiming its dead. Donā€™t you know every D2 player is over the age of 30? Theyā€™re off at work at 5PM EST, and then 2 hours later, the PST guys get off.

And this isnā€™t even showing you all the Baal games that are full and private, and Iā€™m sure there are even more that arenā€™t showing up due to poor connection.

Also this is NL. I donā€™t have a Ladder character yet.

Also for those that have a broken search filter:

DO NOT SCROLL DOWN and search. Make sure you leave the scroller at the top, and then search.

10 Likes

ladder is even worse, this is terrible numbers for a game.

even indie steam games have at minimum 1000s of players online. but this game has less than 100s

hardcore is even worse, ladder is much worse and non-ladder is ok.
the game is dead for sure

i always suspected it but now i know for a fact it is.

16 Likes

dude thats 50 peopleā€¦ the game is dead.

9 Likes

ya what he claims is ā€œaliveā€ is the minimum requirement for 1 round of apex legendsā€¦ which thousands are happening at onceā€¦ lol.

3 Likes

what do you expect the dev make change that just kill the game and player leave ,this is so simple to understand , i play the barbarian for 20 year and today i`m done , these :clown_face: just kill the game for me

6 Likes

Thatā€™s 50 people close enough to that guy to maintain a game. And none of his are green so heā€™s out in the boonies somewhere. Iā€™ve got 40 green games with half filled up on the east coast. And thatā€™s the lobby limit. Iā€™m sure there are many more.

Stop trying to make the game seem unpopular just because you don;t like it.

1 Like

Because botters, and they keep killing builds. Bear druid = dead, Assassin = dead, Barb = dead, the only thing left is paladin (GG HAMMERSPAM BRO!, FOH AUTO RANGE AA ATTACK!, SMITE NEVER MISSES! MAX BLOCK AND RESIST FOR DAYS IM SUPER NOT OP AF EVER), Sorc (BLIZZARD SPAM!, LIGHT INFINITY!) Zon (ROFL DODGE THIS!, ROFL AUTO CS SPAM WITH MY INFINITY!, Bow spam, Necro (TEETH/POISON/SUMMON LUL), whats left?

6 Likes

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m waiting for the POD to finish PTR so I can start the new season there. D2R was fun for a bit but it was clearly just a cash grab by blizzard so soon it was just not worth playing.

5 Likes

Most games I play some idiot says itā€™s dead. What are you comparing it to? It seems to be the game is dead if it isnā€™t currently top 10 in players concurrent.

Not every game needs to pull in and hold masses to be alive. Unrealistic expectation many place on any game they like/hate.

6 Likes

It seems that there was another massive bot banwave again today. Got a feeling that it may have reset something on the lobby servers, since still only getting a 20 game cap.

2 Likes

Well if it stays with this many players you just pointed out game is dead lol, now I think people are comparing it to how d2 used to be which isnt a fair comparison lol.In its golden days it has over 200k players spread across 4 servers actually playing online at the very moment but 90% of the 200k players were on USWest and UsEast.This we cant compare to.But just these baal games theres around 50 total players lolā€¦thats pretty bad.In OG d2 there would be like 1000 baal games all packed and this was before bots even ran the baal games.Actually if you refreshed your list after seeing a game you wanted to join you were SOL cause unless you knew the exact name you would never find it on the list again cause every refresh was all new game names.This is what people compare to when they say the game is dead.Not a fair comparison , but unfortunately the short time I played d3 it had more players active than d2r and d3 is basically a dead game now, hope this isnt d2rā€™s future

D2R will never pull in the big big numbers, itā€™s an old game and there are many other games on the market to compete for attention. With that said, remember that quite a few OG D2 players are playing on consoles as opposed to PC, as well as many newer players to the game and franchise. In order to keep the game relevant for years to come, I do think Blizzard will need to do cross play. This will need to happen by the time of D4 release, else all these lobby updates (which partly are folding in at the moment), will be in vain.

4 Likes

Yeah crossplay would be absolutely epic. Thatā€™s a missing piece of the puzzle for sure.

If Blizzard continues doing good work on D2R, I think Season 2 ladder will be an amazing experience.

I think we should be hyped for 2.5.

7 Likes

whaT? i love diablo II, i just donā€™t use pub games, and the list in hardcore ladder has max like 15-20 games at prime time.

1 Like

not a single green game? damn

thatā€™s pretty dead :wink:

1 Like

The game is by no means dead, I trade the simplest things daily via Traderie and am also active ingame. In addition, I see via forums how many active players there are still.

Yes, a new season would certainly be necessary soon for a breath of fresh air. But the game is definitely not dead.

PS: Such contributions are not exactly positive if you want to have more expansions for the game!

4 Likes

The problem is that so many people are arguing that the game has depth that doesnā€™t really exist below the surface

Once you finish hell, kill uber and dclone there is nothing else to do.
End game is a repetitive mess that is too easy playing alone and too hard to get an 8 player game in order to kill stuff solo in it.
There is no content that requires 8 end game builds to go through, you can clear the whole game with 1 end game character at players 8 difficulty.

Obviously, you can replay normal with another character, boost it to hell and give it some already found items to play another build in an end game that doesnā€™t exist.

Letā€™s face it, this game is not designed to be played endlessly and thatā€™s what people love about it

And for all the people that disagree, just look at how many people play at ladder start and how many play 3 weeks later. Nothing more to be said.

2 Likes

lucky to see 5-10 games with a player or two in each on xbox

games not dead but sure is on life support

2 Likes

Yeah guys, game is dead. I canā€™t get anything to pull up on my filter either.

I guess itā€™s time for us people who donā€™t like dead games to leave for greener pastures.

Yup, thatā€™s it, time for us to go play a game thatā€™s more alive. No more of this dead game.

Cā€™mon guys, letā€™s leave and go play a different game thatā€™s more alive. A game that actually has players.

Yup, thatā€™s what we should do, us people that think this game is dead. We need to go and find another game with more people.

Definitely the thing to do, for us to go, and leave, and go when we leave, and not be here anymore, in this dead game, thatā€™s not living, but dead.

Anyone else besides me think this game is dead? Letā€™s both leave the forums and go play a different game.

Yup, see you there. Iā€™m leaving too.

2 Likes

ofc it is dead, this game has nothing for returning players to do, I was planning to play ladder, installed d2r again, logged in my hammerdin did a chaos run got depressed uninstalled the game. Even D3 seasons have better retention than D2r, they really have to step up the game if they want new players.

2 Likes