AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Avec autant de problème sur un lancement …
Je ne publierai pas ce genre de post…
Marre d’attendre que ce jeu fonctionne.

L’alpha qui met l’eau à la bouche me fait acheter un écran 21/9.
Lors de la BETA j’apprends que je l’ai acheté pour rien sachant que le support ultrawide n’est plus d’actualité.

5 jours après le lancement, je n’ai même pas la chance de jouer avec les bandes noirs grâce à l’ AVX :sob:

I only bought the Diablo II and they say the same to me.

1 Like

So i am buying a new laptop since they do not fix this.

Can some1 tell me if this CPU is supporting AVX, Was searching intels website but i cant figure it out - intel-core-i5-10200h

Thanks!

Refund Complete!

Screw this s#¤t!

3 Likes

Ark.Intel - i510200H
in Advanced Technologies section:
Instruction Set Extensions - Intel® SSE4.1, Intel® SSE4.2, Intel® AVX2

Update on AVX issue: Advanced Vector Extensions Issue Update - 9.27 - General Discussion - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com)

They again tried to device people by saying not having AVX is below minimum requirement.

1 Like

So i guess that laptop should work? :sunglasses:

Using an Intel Q9550 CPU with no AVX.
But also Win10 and Radeon RX 570 which should be enough.

Requested a refund and considering a repurchase, as soon as its fixed.

But still very disapointing and time consuming. (Time consuming? Well, its Diablo, hehe :-D)

I think so, it’s a recent CPU. if it doesn’t work with a 2020 CPU, I don’t know what’s needed.

2 Likes

What gets me is that the beta worked fine. I dont understand why they turned on a feature that would put 100’s of people out of luck and allow they game to not work on the very same systems that were running the beta perfectly. Like AVX isn’t just a small feature, a lot of rigs that are pre 2010 don’t even support it. Its funny because my PC specs meet the requirements for reccomend, and now blizzard is saying that my i7 920 at 2.6g is too old to run this game, give me a break. I run warhammer totalwar 2 with no issue. Its d2, not tarkov. Funny cause my buddy got d2r on ps4 and since we linked consoles I can play his copy on my ps4 at same time and the game runs great. However feels like no body is online on consoles…like I host rooms (which btw are so strange cause it’s like d3 when u pick a quest then the game just auto makes a room) and nobody seems to be online. I’ve met 2 players all weekend after playing for 10+ hours. I hope they fix this because it is ridiculous that so many of us played the beta without issue, without this “new minimum spec”. I’d prefer it on my PC, Ps4 version runs great looks great and impressed with the controls, but I want what I paid for to work. Still same issue…crash at load…no it goes black the crashes with a message…so progress I guess? :no_mouth:Like really what was the point of the beta if you’re gonna add a feature that will.makw or break the game for me without letting anyone know in the day of launch…Ya you really seemed to optimize it for me blizzard…

1 Like

I remember when this thread was 200 posts on day of launch, a few hours in…

4 Likes

Because I bought the Diablo II/Diablo 3 bundle and played Diablo 3 to make sure it ran and to be able to still play some Diablo during the hype, I didn’t qualify for a refund. Fair to say I’ll never buy a bundle set ever again from this company.

"Game Master Rangiiafan here and I see you want a refund for the Diablo II: Prime Evil Collection.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the remaster, I know our devs are working to fix everything as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on our forums, all the news are being shared there:

Checking your case, we can see that you have already a good amount of play time after purchasing the game leaving us with no margin to grant you a refund request. We comprehend this is not the favourable outcome but please know that we are here for you in the future for any requests.

Please take care,
GM Rangiiafan"

3 Likes

Sad. No feedback, no news. W8ing

In polish Żart means a joke
You are BliŻart

5 Likes

That second paragraph…?

1: “While CPU’s without AVX are below our minimum specs” -every spec that’s ever been shared ever has never mentioned AVX, but fine. AVX is part of the minimum requirements.

2: “In optimizing the game, we inadvertently included the need for AVX” - this is completely contradictory the sentence 1.

Is it a requirement or is it not a requirement? “inadvertently” is synonymous with “accidentally”. If it’s a requirement, why was it “accidentally” included?

Yikes. What is going on here? Why is everyone so shady?

11 Likes

Same issue.

downloaded the game on Friday everything worked fine created two characters. tried to open a portal and the game crashed.
I have not been able to log in since than.
Sad to say that I’m missing the good all CD game than you know that it would at least start ;((
Let’s fix this Blizzard

If you look up the minimum spec CPU you’ll see that AVX is a feature. But yeah they have already admitted it wasn’t supposed to be a requirement. Still pissed about it but at least I got my refund.

They admitted that it was implemented by mistake. Now, its far too difficult to undo that change so they made it a requirement after the fact.

7 Likes

did you pre-order it in march? or later?

this whole situation is just a mess, their mess, and we get to be blamed because it is too hard to make a solution to the problem they created, meanwhile not only can we not play but also we spend our time in here and on twitter hoping to find anything that could help us play

…probably a lot more time than the community managers at this point, or whoever is looking at the technical problem forum >.>

5 Likes