AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

same for me RTX 2060 latest drivers

Experienced people leave Blizzardā€¦ Nintendo has experienced people, Not Blizzard

they are not gonna fix itā€¦ you can all leave now

Capitalism has two side my friend and we have far more power than we thinkā€¦donā€™t believe them when they try to make you think than they are doing you a favor by refunding you

They intentionally introduced the AVX issue to reduce server load. They released multiple patches that ignored our issue. They took the weekend off. They are blocking people on twitter that are talking about it.
Now they are refusing refunds.

Get the word out to every gaming and news source you can, IGN, Gamespot, etc. This is a massive scandal that needs to be exposed.

14 Likes

9/28 21:34:20.797 [Render/4] [<>:0]: NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init failed, error code: -1160773631

Is this Nvidia related? I have AMDā€¦
and If I try to run it with Widows 8 compatibility It directly says ā€œfailed to initialize graphic deviceā€

1 Like

i was worried that once alot of refunds roll in they may stop them. I jumped on mine yesterday. maybe they wont stop refunding thoughā€¦ i jus figured better refund and repurchase then wait and possibly not be able to refund due to corp greed. Not alot of companies would give money back so i appreciate that. It comes with like a warning we may not be able to help you with a refund in the future thoughā€¦ like really? Id like to give my own warning back i may not be able to support purchasing your games in the future Lolz. all good. just wish i could play (T_T)

If I just had the files from the beta, I would try to use the beta launcherā€¦

1 Like

thanks for sharing this, which is my case too. nothing left to say really, hard luckā€¦for allot of us.

i am just interested to see how blizzard is going to hold up in the future, i mean they are going down hell not just with this latest game release, but with all latest events as well. i dont usually care much about corp politics and scandals, but this is what you get if you dontā€¦ you spend money and get scammed. i thought blizzard knew better, and its on me i guess.
who cares about user base these days, right =) ? so this time aroundā€¦you win blizzard. mark these words, it will be the end of blizzard when they release diablo 4. or maybe ā€¦ much much earlier? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Wtf is this? I would challenge this. People may have access to another computer where the game happens to launch ok. The fact that a person has play time registered doesnā€™t mean they are not having issues that justify a refund.

2 Likes

Diablo 2 veteran here. Iā€™m saddened that I had to get a refund just now. My nostalgias ruined for this game. I hope anyone who can play this game is having fun. Iā€™m not much a tech geek but this Avx is the reason a lot of us canā€™t even get into the game. I donā€™t have any issues launching any other game on steam with this laptop and it baffles me that they reduced the amount of people playing their game with that axv requirement.

3 Likes

Its not even play time registered to diablo II, its play time registered for the bundle together because I have played Diablo 3 since I purchased them together Iā€™m not eligible to refund either game. I have absolutely zero game time on Diablo II which doesnt seem to matter with bundle deals with Blizzard.

1 Like

ryzen 7 / gtx1660ti and still canā€™t play ā€¦

Refunded. I am freeā€¦ Good luck to all you!

1 Like

Damn. Yeah that stinks, sorry to hear bud.

ya i fear i might not get a refund since i bought the Diablo Prime Evil Upgrade, which added items to D3ā€¦but i didnt get the items till the 23ā€¦

1 Like

I did haha, but I didnā€™t want a refund I want my game to fu@#ing work!!!

So here it is, I am a fan of having a Plan B.
Since I lost trust this will actually be a fast fix, and knowing it took CyberPunk 6 weeks to fix AVX issues, I just ordered the following upgrade:

From 2010 i7 975x first gen to 2021 i9 11 Gen CPU
From 24 GB DDR2 RAM to 32 GB DDR4 RAM
From ASUS 2010 mainboard socket 1366 to newest ROG STRIX with intel 11th gen socket
From 500 GB SATA3 SSD to internal 1 TB PCIE 4.0 M one

my GeForce RTX 2070 will stay
my Lian Li 2010 case will stay
my Enermax Power Suplly is strong enough and will stay
my cooler, peripheal and all other cards are also to stay

Now here is the trick, delivery is in 2 days, in the EU you have 14 days free of charge refunding policy. If they release the patch before, I sent the new equipment back unopened as then its faster to get into the game to just stay where I am today. If it takes them longer than that I have enough time to replace my old PC components with the new ones, reinstall windows and get going.

Yes baby, I am ready shortly!
Donā€™t get me wrong, while this primarily is an investment into D2R for now, it in addition is an investment to the next 10 years of gaming as this setup could carry me as long as my old one did.

1 Like

This please!

I got the AVX issue so I cannot launch the game since day one. My brothers who bought it to play with me can play. So I borrowed my brotherā€™s computer so I donā€™t get TOO late in the progress so meanwhile they could fix the avx issue. Althought I could not log on MY game on MY computer since then. Does it mean im more likely not going to get a refund?

Well, I got my refundā€¦ donā€™t think I will be buying any more games from Blizzard till this company turns itself around. No care or respect for the people who made them what they areā€¦ Iā€™m out. They can keep Diablo 4 too - doneā€¦

1 Like