AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

its called gaslighting my fellow fella, and yes they are a bunch of jokers for doing it.
remember though, they don’t have very high self esteem and gaslighting their former fans makes them feel better about their sad sad little lives.
I get why they take shirtless picture for twitter now, and I must admit, I do feel a little sympathy for them because they need to gaslight all of us to feel an ounce of respect for themselves. so sad.

Well I can’t. Like many people here I can play any game up until Red Dead Redemption 2 without any problem. I took 8 working days off to play this game. And now I was sitting here until the last blue post waiting for a fix. Going to call my boss I will start working again from Wednesday and I just refunded the game. I planned my vacation days months ago and it would be hard to plan new days off when there will be a fix randomly dropped somewhere later this week or maybe next week. I am upset and feeling let down by blizzard.

7 Likes

Holy crap, I can’t believe theyre saying no AVX is Below the minimum specs now LOL, good lord these guys have NO SHAME - admit you messed up and maybe people will actually want to give the game a chance? Why would I give you guys my money now if thats how you choose to do things?

5 Likes

For real, he had to have at least one person say, “wait a minute man, that’s gonna go south real quick”

Why would you continue to purchase from them? Haven’t they made it clear they don’t care about you or your business?

If people are going to go out of their way to buy drivel like this, perhaps I’m in the wrong business. Some of y’all are absolute suckers. Lol

We cool with you man, you seem nice and keep us informed. Sorry you have to take all the hate that is here, but yet again, you’re the visible face of the company.

This is UNACCEPTABLE. You’re not an indie company or a startup; you’re a company with over 20 years of trajectory, and you’re throwing it all to the garbage can and loosing your community.

You still have no ETA for a solution, even on day 5. Every update is “potentially tomorrow”, “over the weekend”, “a few more days”. This is a joke.

You now claim that “CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec”, but us who don’t have AVX were able to play Beta just fine. This is a serious declaration: if we check the minimum requirements on Diablo 2 Resurrected page there’s NO indication of AVX as a requirement.

Furthermore, how do you “inadvertently” include AVX? Like some developer said “oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know that if I threw this 1000 lines of code about AVX would make it a requirement for the game”? Stop lying to us.

This is beyond comprehension. My patience is done with you guys, I’m going for a refund & uninstalling Battlenet. My little amount of money refunded will do not much damage to you, but will continue the path that many are doing in this topic.

I’ve been playing Blizzard’s games for over 10 years now, and had a great time with them, but as we all can see, you don’t care for your games or people anymore; so it’s time we go our way too.

I’m not from EEUU, but I hope you face legal actions for this “oopsy”.

25 Likes

Hmm ok could some help me understand this… D2R Memory System Requirements (min 8 GB RAM) to (rec 16 GB RAM) for a 20 yr old game with upgrades when there other games out there that has higher needs then D2R and yet has less memory requirements? their min 4gig - rec 8gig

I didnt get game for my money, refunded allready…

I hope your patient is doing well Dr. Anarius

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/are-you-unable-to-play/12698
nice lets goo countdown

2 Likes

the funniest part is there is no such thing as AVX requirements for video games :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Well, I give up. Gave them a week to work this out. My computer plays all other Blizzard games fine as well as a bunch of other non-blizzard games. D2 was always my favorite game, but this is stupid. Just got my refund. If this ever gets fixed, maybe I’ll think about purchasing it again, but at this point, I might just cut my losses and leave the memory of the original game and its glory where it is. Thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing, Blizzard.

5 Likes

Got a refund after launch. Was looking forward to this game, oh well.

1 Like

I dont even want them to fix it at this point, rare you get to first hand see a company destroy itself. This is getting good, and you already lost me and my friends’ money anyway.

3 Likes

I knew this crap wasn’t going to be over so soon when they previously announced it will be patch on Monday. So being the D2 fanatic I am, I went to upgrade my CPU immediately within the same socket range to minimize spending and viola; got my game up and running on last Saturday. Spent $50 upgrading my G4560 to I7-7500; by selling the old PROC and getting the new.

I’m not even going to refund my money whether they fix it or not. Just to punish myself for preordering and trusting any AAA company, especially Activision/Blizzard. I knew I was taking a big chance, but I though it’s a 20 year old game with a fresh coat of paint, how Could they mess that up? I should have listen to my logical voice that said this is Blizzard, the ones who totally messed up the Warcraft 3 remake, of course they will mess it up. I will wear this shame like a proud scar and never buy a Blizzard product again. That is assuming they survive the workplace harassment litigation. If they treat their own coworkers like that, why would we think they would treat us any different. Live and learn I guess, but hopefully that knowledge will stick this time.

8 Likes

« few days », alright thanks for the refund link, i’ll use it.
Out of patience, you ruined the fun, and honestly deserves all the blame, definition itself of amateurism.

True story. I´ve played their games for more than 10 years, this version of Blizz is very very sad.

2 Likes

Refund Complete!.. I’m out :v: Got excited for nothing LOL

They Settled the sexual harassment suit earlier today for 18 mill. Trrrrash company - jump ship now they will NEVER innovate another product like D2