AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

That was a settlement with the EEOC - one plaintiff among many that are suing Blizz.

i hope this blizz gets shorted by SHF. if that happens no gamers are gonna rescue you.

hmph give the people what they want and what they paid for, you must be out of your mind thinking a company like blizzard would do anything for paying customers, they hate all of us, Iā€™d say they hate us with a passion and after having 7 of my accounts banned for speaking the truth, Its a sure bet they jdgasf about anyone except themselves let alone their former paying customers, they wouldnā€™t pee on any of us if we were on f i r e.
they would be to busy posting shirtless selfies on twitter.

1 Like

How does it even make sense that removing the AVX flag is suddenly a potential problem for people that have AVX processors when in beta, without the AVX flag, nobody had these issuesā€¦

Definitely needed a full game beta before release and not just a streamer PR parade.

9 Likes

Well guys, I tried to be patient. Refunded.

5 Likes

Iā€™m having the same issue as everyone else. I see a lot of people were given refunds. How can I get one? I donā€™t wish to pay $40 for a game I canā€™t play

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/d2r/1930/1932/solution

1 Like

ā€œCPUs without AVX are below our minimum specā€
So this is the answer what we get after wating for 5 daysā€¦

5 Likes

Guarantee you Blizz is just trying to slowly deliver the punch before they conclude that CPUs without AVX will be unable to run the game.

Just refund and move on, guys. Take your money elsewhere. They donā€™t deserve it.

2 Likes

I mean they couldā€™ve told us the first day if this was the fact after all.

1 Like

Itā€™s sadā€¦
I refunded on Friday. But like really? They wonā€™t patch it for a while if they even patch it. They will leave it like it is.
Iā€™m Done. I donā€™t think Iā€™m even gonna buy it.

Itā€™s because they made a mistake and wonā€™t own up to itā€¦

Just wanted to add to the thread that I am also impacted by this and have not yet been able to launch the game once since launch. This whole situation makes me sad. I think this is a clear example of how a lack of transparency destroys trust.

Iā€™m a software engineer myself. The last update mentioned a potential fix baking in QA for a few days. This only happens when the developers believe the change is risky (as they pretty much stated). I think itā€™s clear that significant changes were made between the beta and launch here and this isnā€™t a simple ā€œflip a compiler flagā€ change. I think itā€™s also clear that automated testing is lacking and they rely on manual QA (which admittedly is not uncommon).

Iā€™d be curious to know if itā€™s possible for the dev team to launch another ā€œAVX support betaā€ on the side, even if it meant temporary characters that would be deleted. Definitely depends on the infrastructure they have in place and level of effort. This might expedite testing and provide a chance for some good will.

9 Likes

Same. Some of my friends refunded, despite being able to play, because we couldnā€™t all play together. Weā€™re all done with Blizzard products entirely. D2R was their last chance to prove the company could still do things properly and they blew it.

1 Like

Refund Complete!

Youā€™ve completed the process. The product and amount listed below will be refunded to your select payment method. Refunds can take up to 72 hours to process. You will receive an email confirmation with this order number.

2 Likes

I guess to play I have to buy computer parts, but yet I donā€™t use it much.

1 Like

Itā€™s a real shame when your computer can certainly run the game just fine, but their programmers decide to include some special instructions at the last minute that bricks the whole thing.

4 Likes

How hard is the AVX Support beta you think? Like weeks to months?

1 Like

Yeah and then instead of letting people know, or changing the SPECS. they just say it is what it is.

1 Like

I donā€™t think they knew how much it would affect it, and instead of saying we made a mistake it is, your computer is outdated, to oh wait it is our fault, and back to nope we sticking to your computer out of date.