- Fix - for Cannot Connect to Server - Fix -

I found this workaround works for me and it might work for you.

In your Battlenet (Diablo 2 login client) click the globe above the Gear icon and change region. Change current region to a different region (America , Europe or Asia)

1. Login to a random game.
    - You can also join off friends list if in another region
  2. You can then leave the game.
  3. Quit Diablo
  4. Go back to D2 Login screen,
  5. Change region back to your original region
  6. Then connect.

Enjoy
-Blake
~ " I am NOT an employee of blizzard or affiliated with them in any way, Iā€™m just some IT nerd that found a workaround wanted to share it. "

Please respond if you were impacted by the connection bug, and if this fix helped :slight_smile:

Additional Notes:
So it sounds like the Servers for ā€œAMERICAā€ are impacted the most. If you have a friend in that region join off friends until its restored.

You can check your ping by typing
/fps
into your chat box.

4 Likes

Iā€™m also being effected by the cannot connect to servers issue. Iā€™m going to try this

Didnā€™t work for me. I tried switching regions from Americas to Asia which let me log in to Asia servers, but after switching back to Americas, I still get the same error: Cannot connect to server followed by ā€œfailed to authenticate.ā€

Also, I tried switching to EU region and it lets me log in and loads my character list as well. I guess the only region it fails to connect to is the region I actually play on.

Do you have any friends on in the America region? I think Joining off friends allows you to get your toon logged in on the other regionā€™s server.

Actually youā€™re right. I logged into Europe and opened my friends list. I then joined a game on Americas that my friend was in. Now it looks like Iā€™m connected to Americas servers. Thank you!

Follow up: so I joined a game off the list and it looks like it puts me in EU games rather than Americas games.

After you join off Friends, your region lock should be unlocked, allowing you to login back to Americas.

Itā€™s taken me a few attempts sometimes.
And dont join and leave too quick give it about 30 sec, because of game lock thing.

So I need to quit the game then change regions back to Americas right?

Literally just tried (Iā€™m usually on Americas, then moved to Asia, then back), didnā€™t work. Same exact situation. Something I might be doing wrong?

To get out of EU, after you join off friends, wait 30 sec. Then log off, and America region should work on re-login.

America is really acting up. You might be better just joining off friends. As long as he makes games and hes in america youā€™ll retain america pings.

I have 1 account that just canā€™t connect even with the fix.

you can check your ping by typing /fps in chat

Yeah I did exactly what you said and am still getting ā€˜cannot connect to server.ā€™

I even tried hard resetting my pc, but same error.

The funny thing is after you click ok on the cannot connect to server box, if you try to click online and have it try connecting again, sometimes it puts me in a queue then tells me ā€˜cannot connect to serverā€™

Iā€™ve got 1 account doing the same. Seems to be issue with America servers .

Is there any issues playing in a europe server instead?

ping is all that i know of. You may have a like 100 ping instead of 60ish ping

1 Like

Yeah the ping. I play HC and 120+ ping on EU and same with Asia.

On Americas itā€™s typically 36-42 ping for me.

I am also affected with this and cannot connect to Americas servers. The European and Asia servers work just fine.

This fix did not also fix this issue for me.

I am having this issue as well, was helping a friend on EU to get thru the game logged off to go to dinner and when I logged back on I canā€™t see any of my chars on Americas but they are all there on EU. i dont have any american friends online right now, and the lobby seems to be giving me EU games. is there a way that i can fix this?

People are asking about American servers - Iā€™m in America. Just got home from work - was going to log in and NOPE!!! ā€œCannot Connect To Serverā€ - REEEEEEJECTED!!!

ā€¦on another note - I can log into WoW and other games so people telling you to reset your IP and your computer and all that jazz - smack 'em right in the face. Thatā€™s not the issue.

Nah something going on with bliz america servers. You can join off friends, I was able to get this account logged in with my fix, but I do have a LAN in my house and my roommate cannot login with his computer even doing the fix. so he is able to join me off friends but canā€™t connect to servers.

Seems to be server wide, id say just login to EU or AZ to play for now, if you have a friend that is able to get into america servers then join off friends from EU.

I am in Central \ South region of united states. so might just impact a region of the US ā€¦ idk

Im in Central region as well. I have no issues seeing my chars on EU just cant on Americaā€™s which I norm play on and was on a few hours ago. Itā€™s all sorts of screwed up

that actually worked. thank op