Failed to initialize graphics device

all you have to do is launching the game through the games folder, i have the same issue - maybe blizzard should fix their launcher instead of blaming customers?

i have the issue myself. what happens to me is that it tries to run on my intel hd 4600, which is not within requirements, rather than on my gtx 770m which is strong enough. no matter what i try it keeps trying to run on my intel hd 4600. i can not remove it either, becase the gtx 770m communicates with direct x through it.

dude solved in your other thread.

Basically Nvidia panel donā€™t work anymore for this cause M$ made universal solution for both NVIDIA and AMD, as previously AMD had no option to do so.
Now everything is switched to be set in windows settings.

no, you posted a solution for windows 11 and i am not running windows 11.

Diablo 2 resurrected is not compatible with windows 8.1 periodā€¦
Update to win 10 this is what you can do upur system should be 100% compatible with win 10. win 10 has the same window

no, it does not. that is new in windows 11. i have used windows 10 for a while on other pcs and that still uses the same screen as windows 8.1 for graphics card. the problem is not system based but based on a conflict between the unreal engine 4 and nvidia optimus. they fixed it in unreal engine 5 however but, this is running 4. even if i had updated to windows 10, the game would still have tried to run on my intel hd 4600. another unreal engine 4 game also ran on my integrated gpu on my windows 10 pc.

DUDE Have You even watched the video i provided?!
thereā€™s a settings page in system>display>graphic settings> there you can choose D2r.exe and set it to use the gpu you want. both win 10 and win 11 have this window. and win 8.1 does not support directX 12!! win 8.1 supports only up to Dx 11.2 .

Hi, my apologies for going a bit off topic here but given the date I thought it be ok I hope,

I have a similar if not the same i7 and 1050Ti graphics card with a bit more 64gb memory than the OP
But I get this message,

ā€œYou have not been online in the last 30 days. Please start the game while online to check for any login agreements.ā€

Could my setup be whatā€™s causing my problem as well that I have been using for the past 7 years without problem until the day after 25 Feb 2024. I donā€™t know I am still trying to figure it out.
I canā€™t find any authentications or agreements to sign just that message over and over again you click ok, and nothing happens. I posted but not much happening on it

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/i-apologize-for-the-wall-of-text-you-are-about-to-see-here-but-i-would-like-to-play-diablo-2-resurrected/165206

I keep trying to submit to tech support, but it is not going through, I check my account history for tickets, is null, I have had help with this issue from tech support being the 4 March 2024 but have heard nothing since, I have done some of the problem solving with Tech support, but nothing works and havenā€™t heard anything back,
and customer support on 16 March 2024 over the phone they put me on hold and lost the connection and havenā€™t been able to get back in touch, I have found no history in my account of any tickets and I have a few with them over the years and every attempt 7 days after being in touch with customer service and tech support both by internet and phone have not been successful since, Teach support has lagged out and timed out at submit stages the phone number gave me a message,

ā€œThe number you have dial is not connected. Please check the number try again 2,3,4ā€ then silence then engaged tone.

so, I try this a few times before giving up as I do when I ring the UK because I get through sometimes.